Ariete is an Italian firm of small household appliances, with a great reputation in the coffee machine sector, thanks especially to its original designs and not content with offering ordinary domestic coffee makers, to cover the file. An Ariete coffee machine has a very defined purpose and a very marked personality.
It works mainly in the field of espresso coffee makers, and as we will see below, all Ariete coffee machine models have their own personality, they are clearly distinguished from each other, and they stand out for some specific issue.
In this page we are going to know everything an average user needs to know about Ariete brand: opinions, prices, which models are for sale, how they are different, etc. It must also be said that Ariete’s appliances (not only coffee machines) share the values and virtues of the coffee machines we review on this page.
Ariete coffee makers are usually oriented to the regular coffee consumer; that is to say, they are more known within the coffee sector than outside, maybe because in our country it is not one of the brands that are constantly in the media or in advertisements. However, any user with a minimum experience in espresso machines knows the benefits of Ariete coffee machines.
We attach below the summary of all the Ariete coffee machines we have analyzed on the web (we will be adding new models in the future), and of course, we indicate the purchase links for each one.
All of them can be classified within a medium price range, between £90 and £200 depending on the model, and in general they are quite good value for money.
Buying an Ariete coffee machine: Reviews
Due to the wide range of their machines, the prices of Ariete coffee makers are very varied. Different elaboration methods and different qualities make that we cannot establish a reference price for this brand. At the moment, here are the updated prices of each model available:
Ariete coffee machines: Qualities and differences
The Ariete brand has many coffee makers on the market, so it is not superfluous to review them, distinguish each model and learn what makes them different and what makes each one stand out.
Bear in mind that this is a very long-lived brand, and some of its most popular models are already out of print.
Ariete Café Retro
The Ariete Café Retro stands out unanimously for its design, which is clearly retro-inspired and has a powerful red colour.
The Ariete Retro coffee machine is a machine that at times has been underestimated because the peculiarity of its design has covered up or concealed the rest of its features, which are those of a mid-range espresso machine. It is also marketed in black, but in our opinion, this model does not have the same charm. Its vaporizer and its temperature meter stand out.
Its analysis will give you more details: a complete review of the Ariete Café Retro.
- Power 900 Watts
- Pump: 15 Bar
- Heavy Filter Holder for ground coffee
- Boiler Aluminium
- Milk Froth Device
Ariete Moka Aroma: The Ariete electric coffee machine
Moka Aroma is an electric coffee maker available in two colours: black and white. It is sold in two models of different sizes: for 2 or 4 cups, and has 400 watts of power. The base of the Moka Aroma is connected 360° to the Moka, and is a very practical and economical solution for those looking to buy a cheap, guaranteed electric Italian coffee machine. Excellent details and finishes!
- Stylish and compact coffee machine
- Great for espresso and cappucino lovers
- 30 minute keep-warm function
- Makes 2-4 cups
- Cordless design with 360° base
Ariete Café Roma Plus
We highlight the Ariete Café Roma Plus, mainly the built-in grinder. It is one of the few manual espresso makers that have this function (much more common in automatic coffee machines).
Known as the Ariete Roma coffee machine, this model is a little big, with an old-fashioned design, and more expensive than the rest of the Ariete range, but its features are really unique. Today it is no longer sold, and it is difficult to find a machine in stock in any store. It is the first sister of another already outstanding machine, called Ariete Esmeralda.
- The machine has a Maxi Cappuccino nozzle and a Thermocream shield. The coffee machine is equipped with a grinder mill with a multi-stage grinding scale.
- A strong distinguishing feature of this model is a tray for heating cups and a special storage for accessories.
- Power: 1100 W. Capacity of the water tank: 1.5 litres.
Ariete Picasso Cialdissima
The Picasso Cialdissima is the most affordable coffee maker in the Ariete range, and heir to the Ariete Picasso 1365.
With a more modest performance and appearance than the other Ariete coffee machines, this Picasso Cialdissima has 800 watts of power, 15 bars of pressure, 0.9-litre water tank, professional milk frother to make instant foam, and is also compatible with the ESE single-dose machines.
It doesn’t look as glamorous as the other coffee machines we reviewed on this page, but if you’re looking for a decent home espresso machine at a good price, you can find it for less than 100 pounds.
It is currently out of print, and has been replaced by a similar but much more modern model: The Ariete Matisse.
- Bring the taste of authentic Italian barista style coffee to your kitchen with the Ariete Espresso Machine from the Picasso range
- With 850 W power and 15 bar pressure create rich, full bodied coffees with café quality results
- Use the 1 or 2 cup coffee dispensers for ground coffee powder or ESE pods
- Use the steam wand to froth your milk to the silky micro-foam barista style levels to create lattes, cappuccinos and flat whites
- Other features include: Refillable and removable 900ml water tank, 1 or 2 cup coffee dispensers for Powder or ESE Pods, Maxi cappuccino device, removable drip tray
Ariete Minuetto Professional
Ariete Minuetto Professional is a very solid and manufactured stainless steel espresso machine. We feel it is more valuable than it costs (excellent value for money). It includes a special ThermoCream filter, which helps to obtain a hyper-dense foam, is compatible with ESE single-dose, 15 bar pressure, safety valve, in short, the most powerful alternative within Ariete’s range of domestic coffee machines. More information, in this analysis.
Ariete Vintage coffee machine: Opinions and concept
The vintage line of the Ariete brand is composed of two coffee makers, one espresso and one drip, called vintage and which, apart from a retro design, stand out for their particular range of colours (in which pastel shades predominate, light green, sky blue, creams, beiges).
The rounded lines and metallic finishes also give these machines, which are aimed at a medium-high user profile, a great personality. The dripper is known as the Ariete 1342.
The Ariete 1389 model (Ariete Vintage espresso) has a similar philosophy, but overall it is much better than the firm’s basic espresso models: the Picasso or the Matisse.
The Ariete Novecento, or Ariete 1387, is perhaps the most emblematic model in Ariete’s espresso range. Not only because of the high performance it offers, but also because of its spectacular design, practically unparalleled within the sector.
Unfortunately, it has already been discontinued in some countries.
If you want to know everything about it, take a look at its exhaustive analysis. Fifteen bars of pressure, Maxi-Capuccino vaporizer tube, and a spectacular temperature valve contemplate it, an ideal option for the most demanding.
- It has two professional levers, thanks to which individual functionalities are activated. It's not just an Express, but a unique decoration of every kitchen. As one of the few has a classic...
- Novecento will prepare for you an excellent espresso, cappuccino, latte macchiato and much more. The boiler is aluminium.
- It has two levers - one activates the express function, The other is responsible for steam supply. The type of the coffee Machine: a flask. Pressure: 15 bars.
- Power: 1150 W. Coffee use: ground. Milk frothing system: a frothing nozzle with adjustable steam emission.
- Automatic preparation: espresso. Water tank capacity: 0.7 litres. Control: mechanical. Additional functions of the hot water function.
Ariete 1363 Matisse
The Ariete Cafe Matisse model is an entry-level espresso machine, which replaces the old Picasso and offers 15 bars of pressure and 0.8 litres of capacity. It is available in several colours, it is compatible with ESE single-dose, it is very easy to handle and very simple, a modern coffee maker, grateful and adapted to the needs of the current public in the sector of “cheap espresso machines”.
- The espresso machine was made with accuracy and precision. The material from which the device's housing was built is resistant to moisture and mechanical damage. In addition, it is light and very...
- The product is also easy to use, has three function buttons and a standby function. The cup tray is made of stainless steel.
- A big advantage is the removable water container, which allows easy cleaning and keeping the coffee machine clean.
- Power: 850 W.
Ariete Breakfast Station
It is a somewhat rare piece of equipment that is not very popular in some countries, but in others (more accustomed to drinking tea) it is a rage.
It is a combi coffee machine, which, as you know, is a machine that apart from making coffee allows us to enjoy other types of preparations, usually related to breakfast.
In this case, the Ariete Breakfast Station consists of a platform where an electric Italian coffee machine is connected, and a multifunctional appliance that can act both as a water kettle and as a hot milk frother – super original!
- Then we put a strainer on them, to which we pour the ground coffee in equal proportion to the amount of water. After spinning, we put a cordon on the base station.
- Steam created by heating water passes through a coffee sieve, collecting an aromatic brew in the upper part of the vessel.
- Tea boil quickly in an equally impressive teapot, in which you can also froth and heat milk. Power: 500 W.
- Additional functions: rotatable base, maintaining the temperature with a hob, capacity 2-4 cups.
Ariete 1340 Mokita
Ariete’s representative in the field of hydro pressure coffee machines is a 5 bar pressure coffee maker, 800 watts of power, and which includes a glass decanter of approximately 4 cups capacity. It is well made, but it is not substantially different from any other similar model on the market. However, having the backing of a firm known as Ariete is always a plus compared to other lesser-known rivals.
It is currently the best espresso machine in Ariete, in a tough battle with the Espresso Vintage, but above the rest. It has taken over from the discontinued Ariete Novecento, but it adds a spectacular function that is unusual in our market: it has an integrated milk tank, and it allows you to automatically prepare (that is, by pressing a button and it’s done) cappuccino coffees and latte macchiatos. Yes, just like an automatic coffee maker, but without forgetting that the Cremissima de Ariete coffee machine is an armoured coffee machine.
- Modern design and stylistics attract the eye of many aesthetics who appreciate the refined details and the design of this model. Adjustable tray allows you to prepare coffee even in a large cup. In...
- The coffee brewer brews 15 bar Bars and froths milk directly into your cup. The set includes a removable water container with a capacity of 1 litre.
- The milk container is built-in and has a capacity of 600 ml. Machine type: semi-automatic. Pressure: 15 bars.
- Power: 1470 W. Coffee use: ground. Milk frothing system: a frothing nozzle with adjustable steam emission.
- Water tank capacity: 1 litre. Control: mechanical. Additional functions: hot water function, removable water container.
Ariete 1313: with integrated grinder
The Ariete 1313 model covers an indispensable position in an Italian firm such as Ariete: the top-of-the-range espresso machine, aimed at the most hardened and expert espresso lovers.
This is a fairly large machine, with a capacity of 2 litres and an all stainless steel body. Most importantly, it is a boom coffee machine with an integrated grinder, a function normally reserved only for superautomatics.
Also available is the Ariete 1324 model, which is smaller (1.5 litres) and does not have a grinder. This is a much more standard machine with more competition in the market.
- Bring the taste of authentic Italian barista style coffee to your kitchen with the Ariete Espresso Machine from the Metal range
- With 1600W power and 15 bar pressure create rich, full bodied coffees with café quality results
- The integrated coffee grinder has 11 grinding settings for you to find your perfect blend of intense, complex flavours
- Use the steam wand to froth your milk to the silky micro-foam barista style levels to create lattes, cappuccinos and flat whites
- Other features include: Full stainless steel body, Refillable & removable 2 litre water tank, 1 or 2 cup coffee dispensers for Powder or ESE Pods, Hot water dispenser, Stainless steel milk jug
Is it worth buying an Ariete coffee machine? Final opinions
Ariete coffee machines are a great choice if you like espresso coffee. They also have other models in their catalogue, but being an Italian brand, it is clear that it is in the espresso area that they stand out the most.
Ariete’s retro-style coffee machines are also popular, and they have several references. This is a manufacturer that is well known by users who are looking for this particular style of vintage coffee machines.
In summary, Ariete coffee machines are mostly of medium-high quality, and there are enough different types of coffee machines to satisfy the needs of any user.