It is essential to know how to descale our Tassimo if we want to extend the life of our coffee machine and ensure that we always enjoy the best flavour in all preparations. However, few of us devote the attention it deserves to such an essential process as descaling our Tassimo coffee maker.
Descaling the coffee maker is always necessary, whatever the brand of our machine. But in this article, we will focus on explaining how to descale a Tassimo. To facilitate the explanation, let’s do it in steps.
When should I descale my Tassimo coffee machine?
In the case of Tassimo, it is straightforward to know when you should carry out the decalcification process. All of its coffee machines have an automatic alarm that warns you if you need to descale it when you turn on the coffee machine.
In the rest of the coffee machines, and in a generic way (this can always vary depending on whether you use the coffee machine more or less frequently), it is recommended to descale every 3-4 months.
What do I need to descale my Tassimo?
To descale a Tassimo coffee machine, you need descaling tablets (or directly called descalers). Here are some links to buy these products. Below we explain a somewhat more homemade way of descaling your Tassimo coffee machine without tablets, but the recommended procedure is this one with the tablets.
How do I descale my Tassimo coffee machine?
Once we have seen that the alarm light has been turned on and checked that we have decalcification tablets at hand, we can begin to describe our Tassimo coffee machine. The process is straightforward and will not take more than half an hour.
- The first thing to do is pick up the service disc or T-Disc that comes with your coffee maker (usually located in the back). You’ll need it later to start the machine without having to prepare any real drinks.
- The second thing is to fill the water tank. In the machine’s instructions, you will find the exact amount of water each model needs for the decalcification process (usually, half a litre is enough). Still, it is better to make sure and fill the whole tank.
- Thirdly, if our Tassimo coffee maker has a Brita water filter (the case with the Tassimo T55 Charmy, for example), remove it.
- Then pour the decalcification tablets into the water tank. Each decalcification packet usually contains two tablets: you must pour the two, not just one. The packs are supposed to be the individual doses for each Tassimo decalcification process. They dissolve themselves quite quickly.
- Now introduce the service disk and start the coffee machine. We only have to worry about placing a large container in the liquid outlet (where we usually collect the coffee) because from there, all the water will come out with impurities and dirt that were previously inside the circuits of our Tassimo coffee machine. The process usually takes around 15-20 minutes, and you must empty the jug or container several times (we recommend that you use a large one).
- At this moment, we can congratulate you: you have just decalcified your Tassimo coffee maker, and you will be able to enjoy your coffees again as if you had just bought the machine. Remember to clean the tank thoroughly, refill it with clean water and enjoy your Tassimo coffee maker!
- 2 x Descaling tablets
- Intended for: Coffee machine
- Genuine original replacement service coffee maker cleaning T-disc
- Made of plastic
How to descale a Tassimo coffee machine: explanatory video
A picture is always worth a thousand words, and much more if it is a multi-step process. To find out how to descale a coffee machine, Tassimo pays attention to this video that shows you the complete process of decalcification of Tassimo step by step:
As you can see, this is the official explanation of the manufacturer (Bosch) of the decalcification process of Tassimo coffee machines. The scenes are enough to understand how it is done, and the information is 100% reliable.
How to descale Tassimo without tablets?
A question that many people ask is how to descale a Tassimo coffee maker without descaling tablets. Whether it’s to save a bit of money or because you don’t always have Tassimo descaling tablets at hand, there are some tricks to descaling a Tassimo coffee maker without tablets.
Instead of using decalcification tablets, you can use vinegar or lemon juice for the process. The procedure is the same as we explained step by step above, but by pouring the vinegar into the water tank instead of the tablets.
However, we must warn you that this home remedy does not always work (sometimes the decalcification alarm is turned off, but other times it does not).
Vinegar or lemon acids can also be counterproductive in your Tassimo coffee machine circuits if you use them frequently. So, for some rare occasions, this trick may work. Still, the recommendation is that you always use official Tassimo decalcifier tablets.
- DESCALING TABLETS FOR COFFEE MACHINES: For Use With All Tassimo Coffee Machines And Espresso Makers; Pack of 4 tablets.
- EASY TO USE: Removes limescale quickly and effectively from the appliance.
- PROTECTS the appliance from harmful calcium deposits.
- USE REGULARLY: We recommend you treat your machine using Tassimo Pod Coffee Machine Descaling Tablets whenever the red descaling icons lights up on your brewer.
- PLEASE NOTE: Item does not have expiry date, rather date mentioned on the product is production date.
Some common questions when descaling your Tassimo coffee maker
I don’t use the coffee machine much, and the tap water in my city is very pure. Do I need to descale the coffee machine?
The answer is YES, always. All coffee makers, including espresso coffee machines (not just capsule coffee makers), accumulate traces of lime and impurities with use. It would help if you always descaled your Tassimo coffee maker when applicable.
With Tassimo, you have even fewer problems because their coffee makers have an automatic system that tells you when to descale it. So don’t make excuses!
Related: Tassimo water leakage