With more than 50 years of experience, Ariete is known as an Italian brand with a long history in small household appliances. It entered the world of coffee 37 years ago, but only six years ago, it catapulted its coffee machines to success with its innovation and creativity.
The portfolio of coffee machines offered by Ariete is complete, covering various types of coffee machines to meet its customers’ individual needs; it has mocha, drip, automatic and espresso coffee machines.
No matter what brand, every coffee machine is subject to normal wear and tear over time and use, and Ariete machines are no exception. This, in turn, can cause some problems that, in many cases, we do not know how to solve, but that is why we have designed this complete guide with the solution to all the possible problems that your Ariete coffee machine may have.
Remember that failures and breakdowns can often be prevented with proper use, maintenance and cleaning of your coffee machine. In our guide to Ariete coffee machine user manuals, you will learn how to do this correctly.
Problem with Ariete coffee machine that won’t turn on
Suppose your Ariete coffee machine no longer works and does not even turn on. In that case, it is necessary to rule out, initially, simple causes such as the plug not being properly connected or the power button not being pressed correctly. But if once this has been done, your coffee machine still does not work, you need to check one by one the points where the power may have been cut off:
- Dismantle the coffee machine.
- Visually trace the current path from outside the machine to the control board.
- With the help of a multimeter, check continuity at each of the current “stops”. For example, many coffee machines have thermal fuses right at the machine’s entrance; this would be a “one-stop”. If it has a power switch, this will be another stop. Do this with all the elements until you get to the control board of the coffee machine.
- Once you have identified the faulty part, whether it is a fuse, an ignition switch or the control board (capacitors often go bad), replace it with a good one.
- Use the multimeter again to verify that the part you replaced now has continuity and that the circuit can be closed.
- Reassemble the coffee machine.
The grinder of my Ariete coffee machine is blocked
Sometimes the coffee beans we grind in our Ariete coffee machine are not the right ones (never use roasted coffee). Many coffee beans can contain impurities, such as husks or small stones, which obstruct the grinding process and cause blockages in the grinder. Follow these simple steps to unblock it:
- Empty the portafilter with the ground coffee residue.
- Press down on the coffee bean container release lever.
- Turn the bean container until its symbol matches the symbol on the machine. The impurities that caused the blockage will fall into the coffee powder container.
- Place the filter holder under the grinder. Insert the tabs of the filter holder into the holder under the grinder and press the filter holder against this holder.
- Drop the ground coffee into the filter holder and throw it away to eliminate impurities.
- Set the correct degree of grinding.
- Proceed with the coffee preparation.
Note: if the grinder does not start again and remains blocked three consecutive times, it is necessary to take the machine to a professional technical service.
The Ariete coffee machine does not brew coffee, or it does not brew enough coffee
The main reason the coffee supply may be reduced or completely lost is blockages in the filter or portafilter outlet holes. In this case, the only solution is to clean up these parts.
How to clean the coffee filter
- Boiling water should be boiled with the filter holder, without coffee. This will remove any coffee residue or impurities.
- Slowly remove the filter holder from the machine.
- Insert a filter cleaning tablet after leaving the machine to heat up for 5 minutes.
- Put the filter holder back in place and place a container under it.
- Press the button to prepare a coffee so that water starts to come out.
- Interrupt the water flow and let the cleaning tablet act for at least 15 minutes.
- Press the brew button to start the water flow again and let it stand for another 15 to 20 seconds. Repeat this process until two tanks of water have been used up.
- Remove the filter holder from the machine once more, remove the filter and rinse it thoroughly under running tap water.
- With the machine switched off and disconnected from the mains, clean the filter holder support with a sponge.
- Switch the machine on again, put the filter holder back in and let out another two cups of water to finish rinsing.
How to clean the coffee group
When we use our Ariete coffee machine, coffee residue can build up and clog the filter holder’s catch seat.
The solution to this problem is simple: insert a toothpick or a pin into the clogged holes, clean with a sponge and let hot water run without the portafilter in the machine. You can then carry out the cleaning process described above.
The steamer of the Ariete coffee machine is not working
First, ensure the water tank is correctly positioned and filled to the indicated level because if there is too little water, the pump does not suck in the water and therefore does not produce steam. But the most likely scenario is that the steam outlet is blocked by accumulated residue, and if this is the case, you should give this part a good cleaning as follows:
- Turn off and unplug the coffee maker.
- Before cleaning, ensure the chrome tube is cool to avoid burns.
- Unscrew the tube from the steam nozzle and wash it under running water.
- Wipe the tube with a soft cloth.
- Screw the steam nozzle back on as far as it will go.
- Clean the steam nozzle outlet holes with a pin.
The Ariete coffee machine does not dispense water
It is possible that when you start your Ariete coffee machine to prepare your usual coffee, it sounds as if the preparation is going to be carried out normally, but in the end, no water comes out.
The sound emitted by the machine allows us to rule out any electrical fault, but the fact that no water comes out of the coffee machine usually means a fault in the water pump. If this is the case, follow the steps below to solve the problem:
- Disassemble the coffee machine.
- Locate the water pump.
- Remove the pump and open it (you could also buy a spare if you don’t dare to disassemble it).
- Carefully remove all the parts inside the pump and check that they are in good condition.
- Clean the inside of the pump and its parts thoroughly to remove any particles that may cause blockages.
- Before finishing, check that the hoses that carry water from the pump are not obstructed by sediment or debris, and clean them by pushing pressurised water through them.
- Reassemble the pump with the parts you removed and put it back in its place in the brewer.
- Finally, reassemble the coffee machine.
The coffee brewed by my Ariete coffee machine does not taste good
The coffee’s degree of grinding affects the crema’s taste and quality. If the coffee has been ground too coarsely, the result will be a watery, weak-tasting and cold coffee. But if you want a more concentrated and hotter coffee, you should grind the coffee finer.
Fortunately, Ariete coffee machines allow you to adjust the degree of grinding until you find the perfect flavour for your coffee, follow the steps below:
- Make sure the grinder is switched off.
- Cover the bean container.
- Note that on the bean container, you will find a scale from 1 to 8, with higher numbers being a coarser grind and lower numbers being a finer grind.
- Set the grinding grade 3 and brew a coffee, taste it and then vary the grinding grade until you find the perfect flavour.
- Press the coffee container release lever down to adjust the fine or coarse grind.
- Now turn the coffee container to the right if you want a fine grind or to the left if you want a coarser grind.