We all like to enjoy a creamy cappuccino at home, don’t we? Who doesn’t? There are many ways to prepare this recipe, but what we are looking for is a good coffee maker to make cappuccino at home, without effort and without having to run the whole process manually. It’s challenging and enjoyable at the same time, but not everyone has the time, desire or knowledge to do it right. Let’s find a machine that will do the job for us.
In this post, we’re going to talk about which are the best machines for making cappuccino at home, what options are available, and what aspects you should consider before buying a cappuccino machine.
- 1 Before we start… what you need to know
- 2 What types of coffee makers can make cappuccino?
- 3 The five best coffee makers for making a cappuccino at home
- 4 Other models to consider
- 5 Can I make a cappuccino without a coffee maker?
Before we start… what you need to know
To make your perfect cappuccino coffee at home, apart from a good machine, you need to know all about this mythical preparation. Here’s some reading that you should brush up on before you start buying your cappuccino maker at home.
- How to froth milk correctly.
- Difference between Cappuccino and Latte Macchiato.
- Coffee machines with an auto cappuccino.
- Coffee machines with milk tank.
- Latte Art for beginners.
What types of coffee makers can make cappuccino?
Let’s start at the beginning – which cappuccino makers are best suited? There are mainly three types of machines that allow you to make a cappuccino coffee without having to resort to external elements:
- Some super-automatic coffee makers. Be careful; not all of them allow this. There are machines of this type that only make black coffee (espresso). Automatic coffee machines that can make an automatic cappuccino are a subset of this segment, and you will almost always distinguish them because they have their integrated milk tank.
- Espresso coffee machines with automatic cappuccino: these are a rare version, and there are no more than a dozen models on the market that offer this function. They don’t have as many customization options as the super-automatics, but at least they’re more economical.
- Capsule coffee makers: mainly because some capsule specialities include powdered milk. The machine processes them like espresso coffee to create a cappuccino quite close to reality at the touch of a button.
That is coffee machines with a built-in milk frother (or some similar system).
The five best coffee makers for making a cappuccino at home
And now, let’s go with this ranking of the five best coffee makers to make cappuccino in your own home with comfort. We’ve tried to be rigorous, so we’ve only highlighted five. However, at the end of this page, you will see some more options to investigate on your own.
Oster Prima Latte 2
A myth that is already going through its second generation. It was the first, and today it is still the best-selling cappuccino coffee maker in the world (of the manual espresso machines). With a capacity of 1.5 litres, the Oster Prima Latte 2 has an integrated milk tank of 300 ml.
The machine includes three pre-designed recipes that can be prepared at the touch of a button: espresso, cappuccino and latte macchiato.
Why did we choose it? Because in our opinion it is the best cappuccino machine on the market. It is built and designed specifically for this purpose, and it is also an appliance of proven quality.
Cecotec Power Instant-Ccino 20 Chic
It would be the cheaper version of the previous Oster Prima Latte. It has been recently redesigned, and it now carries the nickname “Chic”. It is a machine with the same functions as the previous one, but a little bigger: the water tank is 1.7 litres, and the milk tank is 700 ml.
We have chosen it because its price-quality ratio is perhaps even better than that of Oster, and it is also an ideal size for preparing several cappuccinos at once.
Krups Compact Cappuccino
Other Krups automatic coffee machines can do this. Still, the Krups Compact Cappuccino, whose old name was Krups Pisa, with its characteristic red colour and direct connection to the XS6000 frother (included in the pack), is the most affordable and the one specifically designed for making cappuccinos at home.
We chose it because within the segment of super-automatics with an automatic cappuccino, this is one of the pioneers, and it is still the one with the most attractive price. There are few automatic coffee machines with this function that are cheaper than this Krups model.
Saeco Lirika Plus
The Saeco Lirika coffee machine is one of the best automatic machines from Saeco and has three versions on the market. Two of them, the OTC and the Plus, allow you to make automatic cappuccinos (the most basic one does not). It is a machine with a huge capacity, up to 2.5 litres, but with a price that is very affordable within the medium-high range of this type of coffee maker.
We chose it because it has two coffee tanks (two independent compartments in the grinder), so you can have two types of coffee beans stored and use the one you like best each time.
Cecotec Power Matic-Ccino 8000 Touch
It is the super-automatic from the Spanish firm Cecotec. The Cecotec Power Matic-Ccino comes in three versions, the 7000, 8000 and 9000, and we chose this 8000 Touch model for its quality-price ratio.
As you can see in the picture, it does not have an integrated milk tank but is an independent milk tank. It is included with the machine but not integrated into it. To use it, you have to connect it to the coffee machine using a sleeve. The machine will absorb the milk from it, emulsify it, and serve the resulting foam on your coffee according to the recipe you have chosen.
- Megautomatic Coffee Maker With Plug&Play System That Allows You To Prepare All Kinds Of Coffee Automatically At The Touch Of A Button; Adapts To All Tastes Thanks To Custom4You System With Fully...
- Interactive Touch Control Panel With Led Touchscreen Display Highly Intuitive And Very Easy To Use; Includes 400 Ml Capacity Fulllatte Milk Tank As An Accessory That Connects To The Coffee Maker And...
- The Highest Quality Coffee At The Best Price: No Capsules Need Thanks To Its 250 G Tank For Coffee Beans With Lid That Preserves The Aroma Better And Integrated Ceramic Grinder With 5 Selectable Grind...
- Forcearoma Technology With 19 Bar Pressure Pump For The Best Cream And Maximum Aroma; Perfect Results By Preparing American Coffee, Espresso, Cappuccino, Latte, Hot Milk Or Infusion Water In Just A...
- Careful Design With Elegant Lines That Adapts To Any Environment; Alwaysclean System With Individualized Circuit Cleaning To Always Keep Each Of The Parts Of The Coffee Maker, Allowing To Select The...
We choose it because it is one of the best value for money automatic coffee machines on the market, and if you don’t want a coffee machine to make cappuccinos, but you are looking for something more; this one is perfect for trying out how these machines work without spending a lot of money trying.
Other models to consider
As we say, there are many coffee machines on the market to make an automatic cappuccino at home. And since they are of different types and different brands, it is easy for the neophyte buyer to get scattered or to make a mess. So, apart from the top 5 cappuccino machines, we have detailed above, here is a set of good machines that can also serve you, in case you want more information:
- Klarstein Bellavita
- Senseo Latte Duo
- Nespresso Lattissima
- Saeco Xelsis
- Melitta Caffeo Solo Perfect&Milk (E957)
- Delonghi super-automatic coffee machines
- Saeco automatic coffee machines
- Krups automatic coffee machines
Can I make a cappuccino without a coffee maker?
Yes, of course. It is not the purpose of this article, but you can always try to make this delicious recipe at home without having an automatic cappuccino maker.
All you need for that is:
- Espresso coffee (best quality possible); You can do this with your home coffee maker, but make sure it’s an espresso, not another kind.
- Milk foam. Use a milk frother, or emulsify to make the foam by hand.
When you have everything ready, make the espresso on one side, emulsify the milk on the other side, and serve it all in the cup in the correct order and with the correct proportions.
Another solution, if you are in lazy mode, is to enjoy an instant cappuccino with soluble coffee. All you need to do is pour it into the cup, pour hot water over it, and stir it well.