Today I have the pleasure of talking about one of those products that leave their mark. One of those inventions that, from the moment it was created and sold to the general public, necessarily started a separation between coffee consumers: those who have it, and those who don’t. It’s the first time that coffee has been sold to the general public. Or those who want it, and those who don’t: built-in coffee machines.
On our website, we have already talked about practically all types of domestic coffee machines in the universe, from our best recommendations for automatic and super-automatic coffee machines to grinders or milk frothers. But we had not yet delved into the sector of the increasingly popular built-in coffee machines or embedded coffee machines.
All right, great, fantastic, but you may be wondering something:
- 1 What is a built-in coffee machine?
- 2 Whirlpool Built-in Coffee Maker – Ace010Ix
- 3 Aeg KKE884500M Embedding Coffee Maker
- 4 Hotpoint built-in coffee machine
- 5 SMEG built-in coffee machines
- 6 Electrolux – built-in coffee maker EBC54513AX
- 7 Siemens built-in coffee maker – CT636LEW1
- 8 Built-in coffee machine Neff C17KS61N0
- 9 Bosch CTL636ES6 built-in coffee machine
- 10 Miele built-in coffee machines
- 11 Second-hand built-in coffee machines
- 12 Final Conclusions
What is a built-in coffee machine?
A built-in coffee machine is similar to the coffee machines you can find in any coffee shop, that is to say, those big ones that make you a cappuccino as well as a cut, with the difference that built-in coffee machines are designed for the home. They are also known as built-in coffee makers, or even embedded coffee makers.
BUILT-IN, that is, you build it, where? You build between the furniture of your kitchen, becoming an indispensable and elegant part of your electrical appliances and a common element but entirely unnoticed.
They combine perfectly with other built-in appliances such as ovens, microwaves or dishwashers. This way, you have all the electrical appliances in your kitchen in the same piece of furniture, without taking up space in the worktop. And for this reason they are also known as built-in coffee machines for furniture. Appliance and furniture are the same.
A common denominator of all brands of built-in coffee machines is that the parts that are most used and worn are removable, making it easier to remove them for washing.
Besides, they have two tanks, one for water and another for coffee (which can be grain or ground – although many recommend ground). As for the milk, in most of the models, a small tube will come out as a dispenser so that you can load it when you need it directly from any container. Other coffee machines have a third tank or thermal carafe for this purpose.
You can see it better in this video demonstration of a Siemens CT636LES6 iQ700 built-in coffee machine:
In short, all brands of built-in coffee machines aim to make your life easier, and to bring you closer to your daily passion and whim: coffee.
- Home and kitchen
- High performance
Once said this phrase, which was very nice but did not provide much, let’s specify a little more: almost all models of built-in coffee machines prepare all types of coffee you can imagine, quickly and to your liking: cappuccino, latte macchiato, espresso, etc.
Also vary the size of coffee (small, medium or large), the intensity of the coffee, (soft, average and robust), sometimes even the size of the grain mill, etc.. In other words, they behave in the same way as automatic coffee machines.
Having said this, we are going to see which are the best built-in coffee machines that can be found on the Internet at the moment:
You can also buy a coffee machine that can be built-in in Ikea or in a similar large area (of which they sell everything), but bear in mind that these are usually very specialized devices and you won’t always be able to advise on them with precision.
Whirlpool Built-in Coffee Maker – Ace010Ix
We started with the Whirlpool brand. I warn you, dear reader, that finding cheap built-in coffee machines is not an easy task, but we are fortunate that this product is an exception to the price rule, as they are usually much higher. In short, this is a cheap built-in coffee maker.
We are going to see data of your interest and opinions about this Whirlpool ACE 010 IX built-in coffee maker:
- This machine is of the built-in semi-automatic type and is made of stainless steel.
- It has the possibility of making two coffees at the same time thanks to its two dispensers.
- It has a vaporizer tube for instant milk froth.
- The water container has a capacity of 1.5 litres.
- The pressure of the machine is 15 bars.
- Power: 1100 watts.
- Unlike most, it has no screen, and its use is also tremendously simple. Hence too its more affordable price than other built-in coffee machines of the competition.
- Whirlpool ACE 010 IX. Product type: Built-in.
- Product type: Espresso machine.
- Product colour: Stainless steel. Water tank capacity: 1.5 L.
- Coffee type: Coffee pod.
- Coffee maker type: Semi-automatic. Cable length: 1.8 m. Power output: 1100 W.
Conclusions: This Whirpool built-in coffee maker is what you are looking for if you want to enter the world of more professional coffee makers without leaving you all the money in the world.
It’s elegant, simple to use, and quite small. However, keep in mind that a cheap built-in coffee maker still costs much more than conventional ones, don’t think about anything else.
Aeg KKE884500M Embedding Coffee Maker
Now we’re talking about big words, and words for the reach of few pockets, by the way. This built-in espresso machine from AEG is, as Ali G would say in his film that makes me laugh so much, a brown beast.
- Colour - Stainless Steel with Anti Fingerprint Coating
- Capacity (litres) - 1.8
- Power (watts) - 1350
- Dimensions (HxWxD) (mm) - 455 x 595 x 361
Generically, it’s the Aeg KKE884500M model, and it has all the guarantee of a company that also has prestige in the sector of individual coffee machines. Let’s see what surprises us:
- This pleasure and coffee machine is made of stainless steel with the best components that give it a clean appearance of robustness.
- It has a size of 1.8 litres of water.
- A system of coffee deposit with mill, where you can put the grains of coffee and the machine directly grinds it.
- Coffee dispenser with adjustable height so that you can leave it at the size you need, either a small cup or a pitcher or teapot to serve several. Several? Yes, because you can make six coffees at the same time.
- Two coffee dispensers, where you can place two cups side by side.
Conclusion: The AEG built-in coffee maker is yours if you have a large family with high demand for coffee and if you like the best but are not willing to spend the million dollars that are worth some of higher price.
Hotpoint built-in coffee machine
If you are looking for an easy use and economical built-in coffee maker, you have reached the right manufacturer. Hotpoint built-in coffee machines combine the comfort of the easy use machine with the design and integration of a built-in coffee machine that integrates perfectly into your kitchen. Hotpoint is one of the most popular brands in all kitchens.
When buying a Hotpoint built-in coffee maker, we will also be pleasantly surprised that its price is significantly lower than what we find in other brands in the sector. Take a look at today’s rates:
- Semi Automatic Coffee Machine
- Water Tank
- Water Tank
- Hot Water Spout
- Water Tank
SMEG built-in coffee machines
If I used to talk about the queen of built-in coffee machines, now I’m talking about the great empress, the great empress of Sweden, no more and no less. Who are we talking about? A Mrs. Smeg built-in coffee machine, a brand known for its sophistication.
- Colour : stainless steel
- Power: 1350 watts
- Screen type: LCD.
- Types of drink: Cappucino
- Water tank capacity: 1.80 L.
- 45cm reduced height coffee machine
- 5 level programmable coffee strength
- Adjustable coffee temperature
- Frothing nozzle for cappuccino
Experienced readers will find that, just as in the right restaurant menu, prices go from lower to higher with the succulence of their dishes, so in this article today we do the same.
It’s Smeg’s CMS45, CMS45B, CMS45X, CMS645X and CMS6451X models are elite machines in this segment. On the Internet, however, it still does not have the popularity of other more traditional coffee brands.
Let’s get to know the main benefits of this Smeg built-in coffee maker:
- This is a fully automatic coffee machine with a front LDC screen and a pampered stainless steel anti-fingerprint construction.
- Water tank of 1.8 liters
- It includes, like the previous model, an internal grinder to grind the grains. It can store up to 220 grams of product.
- It has two dispensers to serve two cups at the same time, and its pressure, like the others, is 15 bars.
- Vaporizer tube to elaborate milk foam.
- It performs hot water services – to prepare infusions – in addition to various coffee specialities.
- Power consumption: 1350 watts.
Conclusion: Smeg is synonymous with quality, as they say on their website and their slogan “Technology with style”, smart technology at the service of the most gourmet customers. What do Swedish baristas dream of? With Smeg, without a doubt.
Electrolux – built-in coffee maker EBC54513AX
At last, we’re going to talk about a well-known brand among mortals who are not experts in coffee machines!
Now we present the Electrolux built-in coffee machine. Following the trend of the previous ones, we are talking about a well-oiled machine made with the best materials to make you the best coffee, let’s see it:
Manufactured in stainless steel anti-fingerprint, with a water tank with a capacity of 1.8 litres, internal grinder to grind coffee with up to 200 gr. Size, a small LED screen that will warn you of the most critical data … and what’s new?
Well, above all it’s an automatic coffee machine One Touch! In other words, it is tactile, and also allows you to select with a single “click” on your finger aspects such as coffee temperature, size, types of coffee (espresso, cappuccino … etc.).
The Electrolux EBC54513AX built-in coffee machine has a power of 1350 watts and has four automatic programs for making espressos, cappuccinos, regular coffees.
What I like best about this Electrolux coffeemaker? You can make up to 6 coffees at the same time (by putting them in a jar), it has small LED spotlights to illuminate, and the height of the coffee dispenser is also adaptable.
Siemens built-in coffee maker – CT636LEW1
The post is getting exciting! Siemens also markets built-in coffee machines, and after watching me four youtube videos in the most unimaginable languages, I confirm that they know what they’re talking about. According to my humble opinion, it is so far the one that takes the prize for elegance. It’s minimalist, simple and tremendously beautiful. Do we know it?
This Siemens built-in coffee machine corresponds to reference CT636LEW1. It has the largest water tank ever seen in this ranking: 2.5 Litres. Of course, it also has a built-in grinder to grind the coffee, and in addition an unprecedented element in this ranking: a built-in an independent tank for milk, made of stainless steel.
More things? The Siemens CT636LEW1 is highly customizable: you can indicate for each extraction the brewing temperature of the coffee (three levels), hot water temperature (four levels) and degree or thickness of grinding (up to five levels).
- TFT display with interactive menu navigation
- One-touch preparation
- Early warning when water tank is empty soon or bean container is empty soon
What did you think? I confess that in my case, it was love at first sight.
Built-in coffee machine Neff C17KS61N0
Mother of God. But who are the designers of these bugs? Isn’t there an ugly one or what? I may seem repetitive, but I’ve almost fallen in love with every model I’ve seen. Neff C17 is… alas, how to describe it? Let’s say. The built-in coffee maker that a lover of good taste would have? Yes! The built-in coffee maker that I would have if I could pay for it, neither more nor less :p (Like almost all the others, I insist still at the risk of being heavy).
Well, enough of jokes (they are not jokes, I want them all, seriously … one in each room, even one in front of the pool), we will see data of your interest in this coffee machine Neff built-in which is, if you did not know, one of the most sought after by consumers.
It has 19 bars of pressure (as opposed to the 15 that we have seen in all the previous models), as well as the capacity of its water tank that has 2.4 litres, or the 500 gr. of coffee that can be put to the time in its grinder. Besides, as you can see, it has a built-in screen that allows us to manage with solvency the enormous amount of options and functions.
The best and you’re going to love it: Its screen is a marvel, which shows clear images in full colour about what coffee you’re going to take, or what action you’re selecting. This built-in coffee machine from Neff represents, without a doubt, the top of the range of built-in coffee machines on the Internet.
Nor should we be surprised if we remember that Neff is a top-of-the-range company whose products always reflect the highest quality in their sector (for those who can afford it, of course).
Bosch CTL636ES6 built-in coffee machine
- SensoFlow System - Innovative heating system
- One-touch function for Latte Macchiato, Espresso Macchiato, Cappuccino, white coffee, personalised milk mix beverage
- aromaDouble Shot - Extra strong coffee without compromise in aroma
- Beverage temperature adjustable individually: Coffee: 3 grades, Hot water: 4 grades
- TFT display with interactive menu
Bosch is a company well known in the world of domestic coffee machines, and also has a presence in the segment of coffee machines that can be built-in with the Bosch CTL 636ES6 model. This Bosch built-in coffee machine offers us the same sober and austere design as the rest of the models we have evaluated in this ranking. The upper panel is coated in stainless steel, and it highlights its LCD screen with full-colour graphics.
Let’s review the main qualities of the Bosch built-in coffee maker:
- MyCoffee profile management system: programmable memory to configure up to 8 different and customized user profiles.
- Power: 1600 watts.
- Automatic processing of various coffee specialities: espresso, ristretto, coffee cream, cappuccino, latte macchiato, and hot water.
- It has a water tank of 2.4 litres capacity.
- Aroma DoubleShot: a double espresso (with double grind and double extraction) for lovers of the most intense aromas.
- It has an automatic cleaning and rinsing system, which runs after each extraction.
- Also, it has a built-in grinder with various grinding settings and 500 grams storage capacity.
- Steaming tube to prepare milk foam.
Miele built-in coffee machines
Miele is a brand of top-of-the-range articles, we have already talked about their super-automatic coffee machines on our website, and in this case, the built-in ones are not left behind either. The Miele built-in coffee machines represent the best of the best in this sector, and are mainly aimed at the most demanding (and wealthy, it has to be said) public.
Not only do they offer features at the level of any semi-professional coffee maker on the market, but they also provide the highest quality in materials and finishes: a fundamental aspect when buying a coffee maker to fit into our kitchen, as it must perform both the functions of an appliance and a piece of furniture.
No products found.
In this sense, we can buy a Miele built-in coffee machine in black, white or brown finishes, depending on whether they suit us better in our current style or in the decoration we already have prepared in our kitchen.
Second-hand built-in coffee machines
When we are looking for or need costly products, the outlet or reconditioned market is always a lovely alternative. In the case of second-hand built-in coffee machines, unfortunately, the stock is not usually huge, so there is nothing left but to check this section of Amazon frequently and trust that from time to time a second-hand built-in coffee machine will appear that fits our needs.
In general, savings on this type of product can be 30% or 40% of the usual price… and that’s a lot of money on items that generally cost more than 1000 £.
When faced with the obligatory question of which built-in coffee machine is best, my more than required answer is: The one that you need, the one that is within your budget, and the one that best suits your needs.
Having said this, which always looks very good and I also find it right, I will tell you that in this particular article it is going to be challenging to find the objective answer between qualities, prices and qualities.
Why? Because all the models we have described today are the best in the market, perhaps except the Whirlpool, which is a built-in coffee machine that is rather basic and oriented towards a different type of consumer.
If we have to keep one, our choice would be between the Smeg, Neff and Bosch built-in coffee machines. I hope you enjoyed it and perhaps even learned something. It’s been a pleasure writing for you. See you soon!