The coffee machines with built-in grinder are the object of desire of the great coffee lovers. The freshly ground coffee gives the preparations an unmistakable taste and aroma, which real coffee makers know how to appreciate. And that is only given to you by a coffee machine that grinds coffee.
That’s why they always look for a good coffee maker with an integrated coffee grinder that allows them to choose the coffee beans of the brand and origin that they like the most (even making blends of several). And on the other hand, to grind it just before filtering the water and enjoying an authentic, freshly brewed coffee.
Well, and we can’t ignore the detail of saving money and space in the kitchen that means having to buy a coffee grinder separately.
Coffee makers with integrated coffee grinders are usually included in the range of automatic espresso machines. Manual espresso machines, on the other hand, typically have an arm with a filter holder where we pour the previously ground coffee.
Therefore, at the end of this article, we are going to include a list of the best automatic coffee makers with grinders that exist on the market today, according to our criteria.
Within the coffee machines that grind the coffee, we can establish two big groups: those that have stainless steel grinders, and those that have ceramic grinders.
Ceramic grinders are much more durable, as they do not heat up when grinding the coffee and therefore do not suffer damage, do not lose their sharpness and keep their grinding properties intact throughout the life of the coffee machine.
The grinder of an espresso machine looks like this:
- 1 How does a coffee maker that grinds coffee work?
- 2 Advantages of coffee machines with built-in grinder
- 3 Disadvantages of automatic coffee machines with built-in grinder
- 4 Where to buy coffee makers with grinders?
- 5 Other automatic coffee machines with built-in grinder
- 6 The best coffee maker with grinder in our opinion
How does a coffee maker that grinds coffee work?
To find out how a coffee grinder works is best to look at the following video, which shows you the process in detail:
- Bring the taste of authentic Italian barista style coffee to your kitchen with the Ariete Espresso Machine from the Metal range
- With 1600W power and 15 bar pressure create rich, full bodied coffees with café quality results
- The integrated coffee grinder has 11 grinding settings for you to find your perfect blend of intense, complex flavours
- Use the steam wand to froth your milk to the silky micro-foam barista style levels to create lattes, cappuccinos and flat whites
- Other features include: Full stainless steel body, Refillable & removable 2 litre water tank, 1 or 2 cup coffee dispensers for Powder or ESE Pods, Hot water dispenser, Stainless steel milk jug
Advantages of coffee machines with built-in grinder
The main advantage of the automatic coffee machines with integrated grinder is, of course, the possibility to grind the coffee beans seconds before preparing it. The result cannot be compared to that of any other coffee machine, however perfect it may be.
Moreover, most coffee makers that grind coffee allow you to choose the thickness of the grind (finer or thicker ground coffee) to make the coffee just the way you like it. It is usually done through a control knob like this one:
Disadvantages of automatic coffee machines with built-in grinder
A coffee maker that grinds coffee, apart from its apparent advantages, also has some disadvantages among which we highlight mainly three:
- They are much more expensive than conventional espresso machines without a grinder.
- They are much noisier because the grinding process, of course, cannot be done in silence.
- They are much bigger than espresso machines without a grinder. Above all, the difference is in-depth, so bear this in mind when measuring the space in your kitchen before buying a coffee machine with an integrated grinder.
Where to buy coffee makers with grinders?
Unfortunately, the range of coffee machines with integrated grinders is not very extensive in general stores. In hypermarkets, department stores and appliance shops, you will generally find some of the most popular models of automatic coffee machines with grinders of typical brands, and always in the lower range. But not much else.
If you want to buy a coffee grinder, we recommend that you do it through the Internet (in this same analysis you have purchase links on Amazon to all the models we mentioned) or in the online shops of each brand. It’s the fastest and safest way if you want to choose from a wide variety of espresso machines with integrated grinder.
Other automatic coffee machines with built-in grinder
As we said before, automatic coffee machines with integrated coffee grinders are the most common segment. But not the only one, far from it. We can also find drip coffee machines and armoured coffee machines with grinders. They are less numerous, but also meet this requirement. Here is a list of those we have evaluated on our website:
Drip coffee makers with grinder
To get to the point, they can be divided into two groups: the big ones and the small ones.
The former is the top-of-the-range drip coffee machines, and have all the equipment that can be demanded of this type of coffee machine. Besides, they are programmable, and the finishes are first class. They are also quite expensive; it has to be said. Some examples are the Philips Grind&Brew, the Klarstein Aromatica or the Russell Hobbs Grind&Brew.
The small ones are much cheaper, but in exchange, they only have a deposit for 4-6 cups in each preparation: the Razorri or the TM-Electron brand.
More information in our post about drip coffee machines with grinder.
Espresso coffee machines with grinder
An intermediate or hybrid option is the manual espresso machines, with arm, but that besides using the ground coffee in the filter also allow you to use the coffee beans you like.
The Ariete Café Roma is a mythical model in this select group. However, the truth is that it is increasingly difficult to find one in the market, and due to the price difference, it is almost better to go for a super-automatic. Ariete and Breville are some of the few brands that still bet on this particular configuration in some of their machines.
A super-automatic coffee machine with two coffee tanks?
It’s not the only one on the market, but there aren’t many other machines that offer this feature. And they are all very high-end. This time we are talking about the Saeco GranBaristo, and its grain exchanger.
What is it about? Well, basically that the grinder has not one but two independent coffee tanks. You can have two different varieties or origins and choose at any time to grind whatever you want – a luxury only within reach of the most demanding!
- Model Number: SM5572/10
- Item Package Quantity: 1
- Package Weight: 9980 grams
- Package Dimensions (L x B x H) in cm: 29 x 46.6 x 50
The best coffee maker with grinder in our opinion
Although none of the machines shown on this page are bad coffee machines, and even less so (not in vain is it a selection of the best coffee machines with grinders). If we have to recommend the best espresso machine with coffee grinder, we will go to one of the mid-range coffee machines of the big brands in the sector. For example:
- Saeco automatic coffee machines
- Delonghi automatic coffee machines
- Philips automatic coffee machines
- Melitta automatic coffee machines
We consider this set of models to be the best option for most users because of their value for money. Its control panel is very functional because its maintenance is straightforward (the components can be removed to clean separately) and because the features they have are more than enough to delight you.
Here are some examples:
Well, now you have no excuse to buy a good coffee maker with a built-in coffee grinder, with all the information at first hand. Which is your favourite? Do you know any attractive model that we have not included in this collection?