Although most users limit themselves exclusively to preparing their coffee in the morning and to giving an essential use to their domestic coffee machines, there is always room for the most demanding or skilful consumers. The latter seek to give a plus to their preparations.
- INSULATED - Double walled thermal design that keeps your coffee hotter for longer
- DURABLE - Made from Borosilicate glass
- WITH HANDLE - Easy to hold handle
- EASY TO CLEAN - Dishwasher safe
- IDEAL GIFT - Makes a perfect present for your favourite coffee drinker
Who hasn’t ever enjoyed the tricks and wisdom of a professional barista? Who hasn’t dreamed of making a barista kit and recreating in their kitchen those techniques that we see with so much admiration in the videos? Surely more than one of you, avid readers, has raised his hand, right?
To get started in this exciting world of professional coffee preparation, the first thing we must have at home are the right tools: the barista accessories. Therefore, we present you below a selection of accessories that will help you to behave at home like a real barista, and at the same time give a professional touch to your preparations. Take note:
- 1 Everything for the barista: the accessories for baristas that you should not miss
- 2 Kit to make cappuccinos
Everything for the barista: the accessories for baristas that you should not miss
Of course, this list is very objective, but we have tried to reflect those barista utensils that should not be missing from any amateur’s kitchen. Whatever your level of skill with these barista utensils, we are sure that you will succeed in improving the presence and variety of your preparations.
A barista team may consist of all or some of the coffee making tools presented here. Sometimes even some baristas choose to have a set of several similar utensils (different sizes or shapes) to have a greater variety and freedom when working.
If you want to buy these barista utensils, you will notice that all the purchase links we offer are to Amazon. It is because in many cases they are very specialised material, and it is not always easy to find a physical store near your home where you can buy them.
Multipurpose accessory for baristas
A barista kit never hurts: everything you need in a single pack. We begin by presenting this accessory for baristas that resembles a Swiss Army knife.
It is a very original and practical instrument, which serves for example as a basket for the filter holder, as a key to adjust the vaporiser tubes (it also serves for various thicknesses: 8mm, 11mm, 12mm and 13mm), as a thermometer gauge. We can even use it to check the soft gaskets (silicone sealants and so on) of our coffee machines.
Really practical, cheap and also takes up very little space in your kitchen. It has a very technical orientation, not so much artistic but beneficial and valuable. It can’t be missing among the tools of a barista.
- This Multi-Function Barista Tool has a host of functions
- Can be used as a portafilter basket pry and thermometer calibrator
- The tool has a soft group gasket probe and a bottle opener
- There are several Steam Wand Tip Wrenches for various sizes: 8mm, 11mm ,12mm and 13mm steam wands
- This is an all-purpose tool for your coffee bar
Kit to make cappuccinos
We continue with one of the most common preparations in homes throughout Spain: cappuccinos. A self-respecting barista kit should have everything you need to prepare an excellent cappuccino.
If you want to go a step further and prepare them with a professional touch, take a look at this cappuccino accessory kit from Dalit Barista. It includes a milk jug, a sugar (or cinnamon, or chocolate powder) dispenser and a pressure and temperature regulator so that you can control the exact point of your drink.
- Dualit barista coffee kit
- Milk frothing jug - stainless steel
- Shaker for chocolate
Besides, an excellent battery-powered milk frother is the perfect complement to this kit to exercise your hobby wherever you are.
Latte Art Accessory Kit
It is one of the most recognisable skills for any self-respecting barista: being able to decorate the coffee foam with drawings, names or graphic motifs. Naturally, professional baristas use specific barista instruments for these latte art tasks. Here we offer you a very basic one at an irresistible price:
- Professional latte art pen tool to shape beautiful coffee pattern.
- 16 different designs and shapes for different moods and occasions also give your drinks a more attractive look!
- And you also can use it to Suitable for decorating cakes or pan cakes.
- Coffee sifter is perfect for dusting chocolate on your weekend latte coffees.
- Gleaming bar spoon is ideal for use with coffee and cocktail shakers, tall glasses and pitchers. It's an entertaining essential.
We have a dedicated section within our online store for coffee tampers (or presses), so we won’t be spending too much time with them.
As we have already explained several times, the pressure of the ground coffee is a crucial aspect of obtaining a good result in the preparation of our espresso. An excessively coarse grind can be compensated by pressing it a little more than usual, while if we work with a too fine grind, we can alleviate the effect by leaving the coffee a little looser.
To modify the compacting of the coffee is essential to have a professional tamper that allows you to apply the pressure you are looking for on the ground coffee. Although we have a complete store on the web to buy coffee tampers, here we present you several individual options:
Firstly, a complete coffee tamper kit that includes a coffee container, a tamper and a mat, all in black. The tamper has two ends, one with 53 mm diameter and the other with 49 mm. A multipurpose kit is always good, right?
Another option of higher level is the Motta coffee tamper, made of 18/10 stainless steel and maximum precision. It has a 58 mm diameter and a wooden handle.
And finally, perhaps the highest-quality manual tamper on the market is the ECM tamper with pressure regulator, which you can see in the photo above. It is made of polished aluminium and its highest quality, as the title says, is that it allows us to automatically regulate the pressure we want to apply to the ground coffee, up to a maximum of 20 kilos – which is also the recommended pressure for espressos.
These coffee tampers, or coffee presses will help you achieve a precise, energetic and homogeneous pressing over the entire surface of the ground coffee—the first step in making an excellent quality espresso.
Among the accessories for preparing coffee, we usually don’t think first of those intended for “secondary” ingredients: sugar, cream, ornaments, sprinkles, etc.
- 2 year warranty
- This whipped cream dispenser can be used for hot or cold creams, sauces and mousses. For your safety, the temperature of this siphon and all siphons with aluminium heads is limited to 55°C
- Dimensions: 9.5 x 30 x 9.5 cm
- Liquid capacity: 500ml (will dispense up to 4 times this volume as whipped cream (2L))
- Invented by Spanish chef Ferrán Adriá for use in his 3-star restaurant El Bulli, molecular cuisine is all the rage in modern cooking. This is your opportunity to prepare recipes devised by one of...
This professional ICO cream dispenser is made of 100% stainless steel. It has been designed for intensive use and is aimed at professionals in the hotel and catering industry (baristas, confectioners, etc.). Its capacity is 0.5 litres, and its main application in the world of coffee is to be able to apply milk cream or other elements to the surface of our coffees.
It is also convenient to have a sugar dispenser at hand to season your preparations like a professional, and always with just the right amount of sweetness. This WMF brand sugar bowl, as you can see in the picture, has a quite modern design and is made of 18/10 Cromargan stainless steel. It has a 250 ml. capacity, is hygienic, easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
- Sugar dispenser for the coffee table
- Material: Cromargan stainless steel 18/10, WMF glass
- Capacity: 240 ml
- Height: 15 cm
- It may be cleaned in the dishwasher after the inside sealing ring has been removed.
Every barista needs to have the milk in a suitable container so that he can get hold of it when he needs it, and above all to emulsify it properly when making milk foam. We talk about all of them in our guide to stainless steel milk jugs.
This Kerafactum brand milk jug is an excellent example because it is made of stainless steel and has a non-stick coating. We love its original anthracite black colour. A touch of distinction never hurts, right?
- Kerafactum – Black Barista Cream milk pitcher Small Jug, milk container to lathering frother milk churn jug Stainless Steel 0.35 litre – Milk Pitcher 12 fl. oz
- Box contents: you will get a frother for cappuccino a small milk jug in the colour Dunkelmatt with extra long spout made out of high-quality stainless steel and scale
- Classic: These professional Barista pourer to complexity really stands out and is for use inside and out in the field vielfältig use and complete your ideal piece of equipment
- Hygienic: as a frother or milk jug can be used this pots made from stainless steel with a volume of 350 ml easy – making and you will notice the frothed milk easier Gießbar
- Easy to use: The Quality Of The Cream Cream is Mattschimmernd and completely easy to use and of course is the milk pitcher also dishwasher safe – no dripping when pouring
Besides, there is a wide variety of milk jugs on the market, and it’s hard not to find one that suits you. Good luck with your search! Here are just a few:
KitchenAid thermometer for the milk frother
Among the most basic barista utensils is the thermometer to control the temperature of the milk and emulsify it correctly. If you have read our guide on how to froth milk correctly, you will know that the temperature is a critical factor in achieving the result you want.
On a domestic level, it may not matter that much. Still, a professional barista who is demanding in work needs a thermometer that gives to the barista this information with total precision, for example, this Kitchenaid barista thermometer.
- THE BARISTA'S BEST-KEPT SECRET: This milk thermometer makes it easy to steam milk to the ideal temperature for smooth, frothy coffee
- CONVENIENT CLIP: The thermometer clips onto your jug or pan, so you can keep a close eye on the temperature
- FROTH ZONE: When the dial hits red, your milk is at the ideal temperature for delicious cafe-style coffee, with no risk of overheating
- VERSATILE: You can use this coffee thermometer with steam wands or for heating milk on the hob
- USEFUL INFO: Has a temperature range of -10°C to 100°C/0°F to 220°F; 12 months guarantee
Latte Macchiato Glass Set
When preparing latte macchiatos (or other mixed preparations), it is essential to serve them in a suitable glass. The glasses are usually transparent, so that the consumer can enjoy the colours and visual contrasts of his drink. And they must have the right diameter: the drink must be pleasant, but the spout must not be too broad because otherwise the colours would not be appreciated enough.
- The perfectly coordinated cup for every coffee speciality
- The right spoon for every cup
- Stable position thanks to the relief on the cup base and saucer
- With print
- Material: WMF Glass
These, in particular, are made of glass and are 13 cm high. You can also take a look at these double-walled thermal glasses or this more extensive set of 6 glasses with their spoons. It won’t be for options, of course. You can find more at the coffee cup set store.
Espresso cups, for example, are much smaller:
- 2 x Double wall thermo glasses - Cappuccino
- 190ml capacity
- Keeps drinks hot or cold
- Comfortable to hold.Dishwasher Safe
- Condensation free
To finish this report, we offer you a complete tutorial in Spanish with which you can learn more about barista techniques, and learn more about some of the accessories that we have just presented. It lasts about 20 minutes, and we recommend you to watch it:
What about you? What barista accessories do you use at home? Are there any barista utensils for making coffee that you missed on this list?