Which is better, an automatic or manual Dolce Gusto? It is the question many users ask themselves before purchasing their next automatic or manual Dolce Gusto coffee machine. The differences are not always clear to the consumer, especially beginners, which is why at coffeemaker.top, we want to explain them to you as clearly as possible.
Let’s start because we like to get to the point. The answer is simple: A Dolce Gusto automatic coffee maker is better than a manual one.
Now let’s see: What’s the difference?
- In a manual Dolce Gusto coffee machine, once you have started preparing the coffee, you must be careful to stop the process. If you don’t stop it, the coffee may become too watery or overflow the cup.
- On a Dolce Gusto automatic coffee maker, you have to indicate in advance which coffee intensity you prefer. You have up to seven levels: from 1 (more intense, less water) to 7 (softer, with more water). Once you have selected it, you start the brewing process, and the automatic coffee maker stops the method according to the intensity you have chosen. In other words, you don’t have to worry about turning off the machine: it finishes on its own at the right time.
Remember that some of the first Dolce Gusto automatic coffee machines were called “Flow Stop”.
The advantage and convenience of a Dolce Gusto automatic coffee maker are distinct: on the one hand, you can be sure that the coffee will always come out to your taste, with the intensity you want. And you don’t have to keep an eye on the coffee maker to turn it off (it sounds silly, but when you’re in the kitchen or making coffee in a hurry, you can often forget about it).
Of course, this is also reflected in the price of the Dolce Gusto coffee maker in question: Dolce Gusto automatic coffee makers are on average 30 or 40 pounds more expensive than their manual counterparts.
Here is a list of Dolce Gusto automatic coffee machines for you to compare:
- Krups Mini Me KP123B coffee maker Freestanding Espresso machine Black
- DeLonghi Nescafé Dolce Gusto Infinissima Pod Capsule Coffee Machine
How Dolce Gusto automatic coffee machines work
The operation of Dolce Gusto automatic coffee machines could not be more straightforward.
- Turn the machine on.
- Insert your capsule.
- Please select the amount of water used in the brewing process on the Play&Select wheel (we recommend following the instructions on the capsule, but you can adjust it to your taste).
- Start the coffee brewing by pressing the hot or cold drink button as appropriate.
If you have doubts, better watch this video:
Here is a list of the most popular models of Dolce Gusto coffee machines in both manual and automatic versions:
Dolce Gusto manual coffee makers
These are the manual operation models (you have to start and stop the water flow yourself).
- Piccolo XS
- Manual Circolo
- Melody Manual
Dolce Gusto automatic coffee machines
And finally, this is the list of Dolce Gusto automatic coffee machines available on the market today. Remember that some models have a second version, both manual and automatic.
- Circolo automatic
- Melody automatic
- Mini Me