It is no coincidence that the best value for money coffee machines are also the ones that sell the most on the internet. If you check the updated sales lists in our country, you will see that many of the models that appear there coincide with our ranking. Why? Because consumer preferences are always inclined towards those articles that maximize the value of each euro invested in them.
When we look for an excellent quality-price coffee machine, our eyes have to go towards espresso machines, whether they are made of capsules or ground coffee. The rest of the types of coffee makers on the market are usually too cheap/essential or also exclusive to stand out in their quality-price ratio.
Therefore, we will review here the best espresso machines in terms of quality-price ratio, with some small exceptions from other segments that seem to us worthy of appearing in a ranking like this. Here we go:
- 1 The five best coffee makers in terms of value for money
- 2 The three super-automatic coffee makers with the best quality-price ratio
- 3 The best quality/price brands
The five best coffee makers in terms of value for money
Remember that this ranking is not about the cheapest coffee machines on the market, nor are they necessarily the best. They are the models that best keep the balance between price and performance. Either because they are extraordinarily cheap for what they offer, or because having a reasonable price, they add some extra feature that is not very common among their competitors.
Krups Nespresso Essenza Mini
It is a 19 bar capsule coffee maker, with a 0.6-litre capacity, which offers you the possibility of choosing the size of your coffee for each occasion.
In this section, we talk about the basic model of this machine. There are other, better versions of the Nespresso coffee machines, with higher quality finishes or with an integrated milk frother, but they are also much more expensive and break our rule of “more for less”.
We chose it because it’s the only one on the market that allows you to enjoy 2 coffee programmes, which you won’t find in other brands for this price. And the coffee in the Nespresso is top quality too.
- The Krups Nespresso Essenza Mini impresses with its simple operation at the push of a button and shorter heating-up time (ready for operation in 25 seconds)
- The flow stop function ensures an automatic shutdown, no overflow of the espresso
- Removable drainer for tall latte macchiato glasses
- Incl. Welcome Pack with 14 capsules
Klarstein Mini Barista
This brand may sound strange to you, but if you like filter coffee, you should pay quite a bit of attention to it. It’s a small machine, with a 0.6-litre tank, but it’s capable of giving your filter coffee an unbeatable aroma, as with it you won’t have to buy pre-ground, packaged coffee for ages.
Buy the coffee beans you want and enjoy the freshness of your freshly ground filter coffee on the spot.
We’ve chosen it because it’s one of the very few filter coffee machines with a grinder that you can buy for under £50 on the internet.
Cecotec Coffee 66 Smart
Cecotec is a reference company if we look for the cheapest coffee machines possible, and many of their models boast an incredible quality-price ratio. This is one of the drip coffee machines with the best quality-price ratio in the market. There is another identical version, called Heat, which is even cheaper but has no timer. The price difference between the two is not excessive, which is why we chose this Smart model.
We highlight it because it is difficult to find a drip coffee machine as cheap as this one, and that is also programmable. Take a look at our guide to programmable filter coffee machines to see for yourself.
- 950W drip coffee maker with stainless steel finishes and ExtremeAroma technology that achieves a more intense coffee flavor by spraying and dripping continuously.
- Glass jar extra strong, high temperature and impact resistance with a capacity of 1.5 liters to prepare up to 12 cups of coffee, with drip nozzle to pour coffee to the cup in a comfortable and clean...
- Reheat function and Keep warm function with auto off function.
- Tank with window that allows to control the water level at all times and permanent filter for ground coffee that can be removed and cleaned. It also allows you to use paper filters.
- It includes measuring spoon to help you prepare and calculate the amount of coffee.
KFJDX Coffee Machine
In the field of multi-capsule coffee machines, there is a model that has become very popular in our country because of its ridiculous price. It is small (0.6 litres) and its design does not attract much attention, but what it offers at that price is not found in other machines in the market.
We have chosen it because, although it is a machine of standard quality (above all in terms of materials and finishes), it allows you to enjoy any format of capsules and also usual ground coffee. And for the same price as an exclusive single-dose coffee maker of any form (for example, the Nespresso or Dolce Gusto coffee makers).
- The coffee grinder has a modern design and the container and blade are made of stainless steel for perfect grinding. The coffee grinder is made of stainless steel and can be used safely and healthily.
- Stylish and innovative design: soft lines, practical and beautiful, attract your attention. It is also very convenient to carry when you travel away from work.
- This coffee grinder is very strong, so we recommend that you do not the lid while the blade is turning.
- Wide range of application: suitable for grinding of coffee beans and various dried beans, grains and ingredients.
- Mini grinder, taking up your minimum space.
If you’re looking for the best value for money espresso machines, here’s an unbeatable option. It’s the best selling coffee maker on the internet at the time of this article, and that’s not by chance.
The Cafelizzia has a 1.2-litre capacity, 20 bar pressure, stainless steel body and is offered in various finishes. A good letter of introduction at a hyper-compatible price.
- Espresso machine with elegant and compact design for lovers of good coffee. Power of 1350 W. It emits hot water for infusions.
- Its rapid heating system and powerful 20 bar ForceAroma pressure pump achieve the best cream and maximum aroma in each coffee.
- It includes adjustable vaporizer with protection to texturize the milk to your liking and get the best foam for your coffee.
- Double filter holder arm and two filters to prepare one or two coffees automatically. Removable water tank with 1.2 liters.
- Removable drip tray for easy cleaning. Energy saving system with automatic shutdown and stand-by. Indicator lights
We highlight this because it is perhaps the best coffee machine in terms of quality-price ratio at present, in absolute terms, within the espresso machine industry (the most popular in our country). If you want to opt for a very similar model (even in design) but with more prestige and more expensive.
The three super-automatic coffee makers with the best quality-price ratio
The segment of super-automatic coffee machines is particularly sensitive to the quality-price criterion that we present in this article. These are the most expensive coffee machines in the industry, and users think a lot about every detail because the investment is essential.
When asked which are the automatic coffee machines with the best quality-price ratio, we do our bit with three recommendations that will multiply the value of every euro you spend.
Melitta Caffeo Solo Perfect&Milk E957
The basic model of this machine, the Melitta Caffeo Solo E950, is one of the cheapest supercars on the market, but it only works for black coffee.
We, in search of the automatic coffee maker with the best quality-price ratio, have decided on the slightly superior model E957, which allows the production of automatic cappuccinos. It is called Caffeo Solo Perfect&Milk. It also has all the guarantee of Melitta, which is no small thing.
- Enjoy your daily coffee just the way you like it Choose between an expresso or an americano with a coffee maker that grinds beans Suitable for cups up to 13 5 cm (5 3 in) thanks to height-adjustable...
- Espresso preparation medium or long coffee Melitta Companion App Tips and tricks for delicious moments of coffee as well as numerous service features
- Exceptional taste Genuine fresh coffee enjoyment cup after cup thanks to the Aroma-Extraction-System for maximum coffee enjoyment 3 settings for adjusting coffee strength Double-cup mode
- Simple and intuitive operation of this coffee maker that grinds beans With this fresh bean coffee machine prepare your coffee with a touch of a button 3 strength intensities 2 varieties of coffee...
- Preserve the best integrated bean to cup coffee machine and optimal coffee taste with automatic cleaning and descaling Compatible with Melitta filter cartridges Easy to clean interior thanks to the...
In general, the entire medium-low range of Krups super-automatic coffee machines has an excellent price/performance ratio, which is what we are looking for in this report. It gets a bit lame in the can range, but that’s not what we’re concerned within this section.
The Krups coffee machine with the best value for money, in our opinion, is the mythical Milano, now renamed Krups Essential, which can be found effortlessly for less than 400 Pounds. We think it is one of the best options to get started in this universe of automatic espresso machines.
Philips LatteGo EP2221
We end our selection with one of the newest and most modern machines (at the time of writing), the Philips LatteGo, which is available in two series, the 2200 and 3200. We have chosen the first of these, which is more straightforward and, of course, more economical, based on the criterion of best quality/price: the Philips EP2221. The differences between them can be seen in the review that we link here.
- Philips EP2221/40 coffee maker Espresso machine 1.8 L Fully-auto
- Coffee Makers
The best quality/price brands
There are also some manufacturers who, in general, are known for offering great value for money in all the products they offer. Let’s say this is their hallmark. In this sense, we can highlight the following:
- Krups (in their super-automatic range).
And so much for our list of the best value-for-money coffee machines of 2020. Remember that you can easily find cheaper models than these, and many better or higher quality coffee machines than these that we have highlighted. But with the same conjunction between functions and price, it will be difficult. And if you know one, do not hesitate to send it to us through the comments!