Capacity: 250 ml
The Taurus Livenza frother joins the extensive range of electric milk frothers with this medium-range stainless steel milk whisk with a maximum capacity of 250 ml.
As you know, frothers have an intrinsic quality, and that is that the milk, when foamed, increases its volume and therefore prevents us from filling the containers to the maximum because they would end up overflowing.
Thus, in the case of the Taurus Livenza, the maximum capacity for frothing milk is approximately half: about 120 or 130 ml, so you get an idea, this amount of froth is enough to prepare 3 cups of cappuccino well filled.
Don’t worry too much about the calculations, as these measurements are indicated on the inside walls of the foamer with MAX inscriptions. Try not to pour milk over them. There is also a mark with the legend MIN, which indicates the minimum level of milk that must be served in the jug for the frother to work.
Together with the container, we find the electric bass, in black plastic, which is responsible for plugging in the current to provide the right temperature according to the user’s taste. This Taurus Livenza emulsifier can perform three basic tasks:
- Making milk froth at natural temperature.
- To produce hot milk froth.
- Heat the milk without creating froth.
Taurus Livenza milk frother: Simplicity and functionality
The handling of this Taurus Livenza frother is really simple. We’ll summarize it for you below:
The first thing is to put the right accessory in the frother for the function we want to perform. The spiral-shaped head is responsible for frothing the milk, and the smoothest head is the one we should use if we only want to stir the milk so that it does not stick (without frothing), while we heat it.
Next, press the main switch on the skimmer, which will light up in red.
To prepare natural milk foam, simply place the smooth accessory and keep the switch pressed. The light will light up in blue, and the process will start.
In either case (hot or cold temperature), we must press the switch button again to end the process.
Then we only have to remove the lid, unplug the appliance, and serve the milk (or the resulting milk cream) in our cups.
If you still have any doubt about how the Taurus Livenza emulsifier works, you can check it out in the following document: Taurus Livenza milk frother user manual
Taurus Livenza milk frother: Main characteristics
- Milk frother with electric base.
- It has three main functions: cold milk froth, hot milk froth, and a milk heater.
- Stainless steel milk container.
- Maximum capacity of the container: 250 ml.
- On the inside walls of the jug, there are two marks (MAX and MIN) that indicate the maximum and minimum level that we must fill with milk if we want to foam.
- The milk container has a rounded spout, which allows the milk to be served directly from the container without the risk of spilling.
- The plastic lid covers the mouth of the jug and prevents splashing.
- It is not dishwasher safe. The only part that can be washed separately is the plastic lid.
- It includes two interchangeable accessories or heads, which allow us to choose the froth or milk heater function. The spiral one is made of stainless steel, while the smooth one is made of plastic.
- Black heat-resistant handle.
- Non-slip temples on the base.
- Maximum capacity for frothing milk: 130 ml.
- Main switch with pilot light.
- Weight: just under 1 kg.
- Its dimensions are 16 x 13 x 22 cm.
- Operating power: 550 watts.
Advantages of the Taurus Livenza milk frother
- The electric base allows us to prepare hot milk froth, or simply heat the milk, in a few seconds and without having to use our kitchen stove. All you have to do is to have a socket close by.
- The operation of the frother is very simple.
- Within the medium segment of foamers (with electric bass, but without the possibility of choosing several temperature ranges), this Taurus Livenza is reasonably economical.
Disadvantages of the Taurus Livenza milk frother
- We have to scrub it by hand every time we use it, as the skimmer is not dishwasher safe.
- It has no automatic switch-off function.
- It does not allow us to choose the outlet temperature. The skimmer heats up to a stop, and that’s all there is to it.
Why buy a Taurus Livenza milk frother?
The Taurus Livenza frother is one more option within the most crowded (and most demanded) segment of the world of milk beaters: the mid-range electric ones. It is in the £40-50 price range, and its performance is essentially the same as that of its competitors.
It is one of the great disadvantages of the Taurus Livenza: that its competition is enormous and fierce. There are dozens of options to choose from with these features. If the design of this frother fits you, and its price does too (or if you find a particularly good offer on Amazon), don’t hesitate, take advantage of it.