Name: A Modo Mio
Capacity: 120 ml
Today we present the Lavazza A Modo Mio milk frother, a very useful but not very well known accessory within the wide range of products from the Italian firm Lavazza. The Lavazza brand is well known for its pod coffee machines (especially the A Modo Mio machines) and the eponymous Lavazza coffee pod series. But if you want to take your coffee experience to another level, then you need an instrument like this Lavazza milk frother.
The Lavazza milk frother allows you to enjoy a dense foam in just a few seconds and at the temperature of your choice. It works with an electric base (which is the one that makes it possible to apply heat) and has a capacity in the container of 180 ml maximum. The maximum volume of milk we can work with if we are going to make froth is 120 ml.
When looking for this frother in stores, you should bear in mind that you can also find it under the Lavazza reference 10080914, which is its actual nomenclature within the Lavazza product range.
Lavazza A Modo Mio milk frother
The Lavazza 10080914 emulsifier is made up of two distinct elements. In the photos that illustrate this review, you can clearly distinguish them.
On the one hand, we have the stainless steel container, which is where the milk is served for heating or foaming and which, as we have already said, has a maximum capacity of 180 ml. It has a plastic lid to avoid splashing in case we are going to use the frothing accessory, and also a practical black ergonomic handle. We find the handle quite comfortable, as it is long enough to handle the container without the risk of burning our hands or spilling anything.
Secondly, we see the electric base. It is made of black plastic and includes the only switch and operating button that our Lavazza milk frother has. The base also has an internal connector, to which the steel cup is attached and which is responsible for transmitting the energy for the frother to rotate and do its job.
Lavazza Modo Mio milk frother: General features
- Electric milk frother, very easy to operate. One button operation.
- Stainless steel jug, 180 ml capacity. Dishwasher safe.
- Maximum use volume: 180 ml for heating milk and 120 ml for frothing.
- The jug can be used in induction cookers.
- Energy-saving: the skimmer turns off automatically after one minute of inactivity.
- Plastic lid to avoid splashing.
- Includes two different and interchangeable crowns or rods: one is used for frothing and the other for removing the liquid without forming froth.
- Compartment integrated into the piece itself, to store the two frothing accessories.
- Approximate dimensions: 24 x 15 x 14 cms.
- Weight: a little less than 1 kilogram.
- Power consumption: 500 watts.
Advantages of the Lavazza A Modo Mio milk frother
- The steel cup is completely independent of the base. It means that it has no integrated electronics (they are all in the base) and therefore we can wash it in the dishwasher without the risk of spoiling anything. Not all electric milk frothers can boast of this.
- It is suitable for induction cooking.
- It includes a small recess to store the interchangeable plunger accessories (those used for frothing or just for stirring milk, without froth) and thus prevent them from getting lost. As they are small pieces, this help is always welcome.
Disadvantages of the Lavazza A Modo Mio milk frother
- It’s a small capacity skimmer. Only 180 ml put it in the medium-low segment of emulsifiers (if we talk about size). We do not recommend it if you are going to need to lather continuously for various services.
- The price-performance ratio is lower than that of similar electric foamers, but with some additional functionality or with a slightly more generous size.
- It does not allow you to calibrate the milk temperature in the heater function. In this sense, the automatic system works against us if we want to achieve a specific temperature.
Why buy a Lavazza A Modo Mio milk frother?
This Lavazza milk frother has enough virtues to occupy a privileged place in our particular ranking of frother reviews. The materials and workmanship are solid, of high quality, and the appliance is very simple to operate. It fulfils all the expectations that a consumer can expect from a product of this type. We cannot forget the prestige and guarantee that comes from having a reference company in the world of coffee behind it, such as the Italian brand Lavazza.
The fact that Lavazza’s frothers are so practical and functional does not prevent us from mentioning some of the problems we have encountered. Above all, it is perhaps too “basic” to be priced more in line with the medium range of electric frothers, close to or above 50 pounds.
For example, the Arendo Milkloud milk frother is usually cheaper and has a slightly higher capacity. It is an option like any other, but we could also mention the Taurus Livenza, Caso Fomini Crema or Senseo CA6500.