Capacity: 300 ml
- Programme buttons for 3 formulas (Cappuccino/Latte Macchiato/Hot Milk)
- Coloured Details: Stainless Steel
- Power: 500 Watts
- Material Details: Stainless Steel
- Colour: Silver
Krups is a reference manufacturer in the entire coffee sector, and not only for the well-deserved reputation of its coffee machines (drip and automatic, above all), but also for the quality of other accessories such as this Krups XL2000 milk frother. If you are familiar with our series dedicated to milk frothers, you will know that we usually divide these appliances into three ranges according to their price and performance.
Well, the Krups XL2000 milk frother belongs without a doubt to the highest segment, the most expensive milk frothers, and we are not saying this on a whim, keep reading carefully, and you will quickly find out why.
This Krups XL2000 features a solid stainless steel vessel, which is connected 360º (i.e. without a fixed position, simply through a central connector) to an electric bass. This electric bass has a plug that provides current and causes the interior to heat up. The greatest virtue of this type of skimmer is precisely that: we can use cold milk or weather and obtain a hot foam as a result.
The maximum heating temperature reached by the frother is 87º C (valid only for heating milk without creaming, since as you know the ideal temperature for frothing milk is around 65º C).
The container has a satin plastic handle, which not only helps us to handle the device but also serves to insulate the heat and protect us from burns. The last element of this Krups XL2000 is the transparent lid, always useful to be able to see the inside while avoiding splashes during the process of emulsifying the milk.
Krups XL2000 milk frother: Three functions, three buttons
The Krups XL2000 frother has a maximum capacity of 300 ml and incorporates the Froth-Control Technology, a system that ensures we obtain the best quality, dense, and conditioned foam, without simply stirring the milk inside the container.
Inside, by the way, it has a double non-stick aluminium coating (a must for all skimmers that heat the milk, to prevent it from burning or sticking to the walls) and the usual marks that indicate the maximum level to which we must fill the milk if we do not want it to spill.
The control panel of the Krups XL2000 milk mixer has only three buttons, which correspond to the three functions of the appliance: cold milk froth, hot milk froth, or simply heating the liquid. Easy, isn’t it? The instruction manual is actually anecdotal to such intuitive operation.
Krups XL2000 milk frother: Main features
- Exclusive Froth-Control Technology that improves the quality and density of the resulting milk foam.
- Polished stainless steel container, with 300 ml maximum capacity.
- Temperature-insulating plastic handle.
- The inside of the container has an anti-adherent coating, and two marks that indicate how far we can refill it depending on whether we want to make froth or just heat it.
- Very simple control panel with three operating buttons.
- Electrical base that is connected 360º to the container and that allows to heat the milk at the same time as it is frothed.
- Automatic switch-off function: The Krups XL2000 switches off after a few minutes of inactivity.
- Transparent plastic top cover to prevent splashing.
- The base has a compartment for storing excess cable.
- Two phases of use: preheating and foaming/vaporizing.
- Power: 500 Watt.
- Dimensions: 16 x 13 x 19 cm.
- Weighs, just over one kg.
- Includes, two years manufacturer’s warranty.
Advantages of Krups XL2000 milk frother
- The electric base allows us to operate the skimmer separately, once the milk is heated. It also prevents us from having to heat the milk before starting the frothing process.
- The stainless steel container, of great quality and resistance. In general, the manufacture of the whole product is excellent.
- The operation is super simple, and the buttons on the control panel are very intuitive.
- Any coffee-related appliance bearing Krups‘ signature is a guarantee, and this XL2000 milk beater is no exception.
Disadvantages of the Krups XL2000 milk frother
- For the price it has (it is a high-end frother) we could demand a slightly larger capacity or size.
- Not all users appreciate the quality of a good milk froth enough to invest more money in the froth machine than in their coffee machine.
Krups XL2000 milk frother: Videos
It is an interesting demonstration of use by a private individual with this same Krups XL2000 frother:
And here is the official presentation of the XL2000 frother by Krups itself:
Why buy a Krups XL2000 milk frother?
Real milk froth lovers, or users who enjoy a perfect cappuccino or latte macchiato, need a milk whisk of the highest standard. If you are among these consumers, there are few more reliable options than this Krups XL2000 you will find on the market.
The manufacturing materials are top quality, the product is very solid and soft to the touch, and its operation is very intuitive. The three operating buttons include pre-set functions for making specific milk foam for cappuccino, for latte macchiato, or hot milk for a conventional latte. As alternatives, you also have the popular Nespresso Aeroccino or the Severin SM 9688, although if you are looking for a high-capacity frother, there are better and cheaper alternatives, such as the huge Clatronic MS 3326.