Name: Stainless Steel Milk Frother
Capacity: 250 ml
What can a brand as prestigious as Illy offer us in the milk froth sector? A top of the range electric mixer like this Illycaffe Milk Frother Stainless Steel, also known as Illycaffe 020709. The name says it all, but the most characteristic feature of this Illy Milk Frother Stainless Steel is that it is made of 100% stainless steel.
All its components: jug, electric base and handle, which affects the price, of course, but the quality and durability of the product is beyond doubt with this spectacular presence.
Illy Milk Frother Stainless Steel is an electric foamer with three main functions. It is capable not only of frothing milk but also of heating it. And when we want to produce foam, we have the opportunity to choose whether we want to do it at natural temperature or hot.
How do you do it? Well, thanks to a base that is connected to the electrical grid by means of a plug, and that is capable of transmitting heat by induction to the main container: a steel jug that is where the process of emulsifying the milk actually takes place.
The great advantage of this system is that, once the process is finished, we can separate the jug from the base and operate with it with total freedom, without cables or inconveniences of any kind.
A simple push-button panel manages these three main actions with three buttons located in the upper part of the electric bass. Much more convenient, in our opinion, than the usual arrangement of buttons on the front, a plane perpendicular (not parallel) to the surface where we support the frother.
Illycaffe Milk Frother Stainless Steel: Stainless steel to power
The Illy Milk Frother Stainless Steel has a maximum capacity of 250 ml in its container. Just in case you are not familiar with milk mixers, we will remind you that if you are going to make froth, you cannot fill the container to the maximum because it would overflow.
The froth significantly increases the original volume of the milk because the only thing that is done during the emulsion process is actually to form tiny air bubbles inside the milk. So the maximum milk capacity that we can froth with this Illycaffe Milk Frother Stainless Steel is approximately 150 ml. If we are only going to heat (without foaming), then we can use the full 250 ml that the jug allows.
The Illycaffe Stainless Steel frother accessories also scratch to an excellent level. The handle is still made of stainless steel (of course) and is sufficiently separated from the jug so that we do not run the risk of getting burned, even if we have very big hands. It is quite comfortable and reinforces the utility of the container itself as a service jug once the cream is ready.
On the other hand, there is also the usual plastic lid, which covers the top of the jug and serves to prevent splashing while the milk is being stirred inside.
Illy Milk Frother Steel: Main features
- Electric frother with three functions: cold milk froth, hot milk froth, and milk heater
- Built 100% with stainless steel.
- Includes electric base that applies induction heat to the main container.
- Non-slip material on the base, which absorbs vibrations.
- Transparent plastic lid, that, protects us from splashes.
- The capacity of the jug is 250 ml. If we are going to foam the milk, we can only use a maximum of 150 ml.
- The jug is dishwasher safe.
- Automatic operation: the frother stops when the process is finished. The user does not have to be aware of the fact that it is deactivated.
- Weight: 1 kilogram.
- Dimensions: 11 x 11 x 18 cm.
- Power consumption: 600 watts.
Advantages of the Illycaffe Milk Frother Stainless Steel
- Its impressive manufacturing and 100% stainless steel design.
- It works not only as an electric foamer, but also as a milk heater.
- Illy is one of the most prestigious firms in the world of domestic coffee machines and coffee in Italy. A guarantee of quality behind this product.
Disadvantages of the Illycaffe Milk Frother Stainless Steel
- Other electric frothers, for this same price, allow us to select different temperatures for the milk cream.
- The use of stainless steel increases the quality of the product, but makes it more expensive without improving its essential performance.
Why buy the Illy Milk Frother Stainless Steel?
Milk frothers, or any other accessories, of big brands, always give us extra security and guarantee. If that brand is also an Italian powerhouse, like Illy, then there is no doubt that the Illycaffe Milk Frother Stainless Steel is synonymous with quality.
Suppose you already have an Illy coffee machine, or you especially value the durability, quality and presence of stainless steel. In that case, it will be worth investing in this Illy Milk Frother Stainless Steel. If you do not meet either of these two conditions, you might also consider other milk frothers of similar prices, such as the Krups XL2000, the Krups XS6000 or the classic Severin SM 9685.