Name: Tutto Crema
Capacity: 1 litre
- Traditional style of covers are available in a classic design
- One size fits 8 and 12 Cup cafetiÃ¨res
- With traditional designs of covers, you can keep your coffee hot for longer
It is inevitable that a firm of reference in the entire coffee sector, like Bialetti, has in its catalogue offers in all types of segments and appliances related to the consumption of domestic coffee. Not only coffee machines, but also accessories. The popular milk beaters are no exception, and we will refer precisely to them when analyzing our product today: Bialetti Tutto Crema.
The Bialetti Tutto Crema milk frother is a manual milk frother, not an electric one. It means that the froth is obtained by shaking the upper plunger (which has a mesh at its end that helps to produce froth) and that the result will have the same temperature that we serve at origin. In other words, we must heat the milk beforehand if we want to obtain hot milk froth.
Of course, we assume that those who are looking for information about this accessory know what they are buying, and those who are looking for electric skimmers or milk heaters (much more expensive) do too. In any case, our duty is to inform you accurately.
Bialetti Tutto Crema milk frother: A reference manual frother
Once the presentations have been made, and has made it clear that we are dealing with a manual milk whisk, we will begin to outline the virtues of this Bialetti Tutto Crema. It is a very solid device, with a matt silver finish (no shine) and a huge capacity of almost one litre. Note: you know that you cannot pour a litre of milk into the container because it will increase in volume and overflow when it produces froth. You must serve a lot less. The litre capacity refers exclusively to the final result of the frothing process.
Its use, as it does not incorporate any type of technology, is very simple. Pour the milk (at the desired temperature) into the container of Bialetti Tutto Crema, fit the lid that comes with the plunger, and when you have made sure that it is well sealed then start executing upward and downward movements with the handle. Remove the lid to check that the milk froth has the consistency and texture you want, and repeat the process as many times as necessary.
The interior is covered with Teflon, which facilitates cleaning and also ensures non-stick properties (very useful if we pour the milk very hot). We can wash it in the dishwasher without any problem. On the outside, its handle is made of Bakelite, a synthetic plastic material that completely insulates the heat and prevents us from getting burnt when handling our skimmer.
In addition, you can place the Bialetti Tutto Crema directly on top of your kitchen (gas, ceramic or electric) to heat the milk directly there and froth it inside the same container. In this way you will avoid the annoying trance of having to heat the milk separately, change the container (with the consequent loss of temperature) and start frothing it later.
Bialetti Tutto Crema: Main features
- Silver exterior with matte finish.
- Container capacity: 940 millilitres. About enough for six cups.
- We can heat the container directly in our gas, glass-ceramic or ceramic cooker.
- The interior has a Teflon coating, which is non-stick and makes it easy to clean.
- It is dishwasher safe.
- Bakelite handle: always cold. No more burns.
- The plunger with double metal mesh ensures a dense and creamy foam.
- Made in Italy.
- Dimensions: 15 x 11 x 23 cm.
- Weighs, just over 450 gr.
Advantages of the Bialetti Tutto Crema frother
- Its enormous capacity, almost one litre, is much larger than that of other milk heaters or electric skimmers. It is a logical advantage, since electric skimmers would need much more power and more time if they had to heat as much milk as this Bialetti Tutto Crema allows.
- The double-mesh strainer. You can get a really firm froth in just a few seconds.
- The non-stick coating on the inside. You can tell that Bialetti takes care of every detail to the maximum.
Disadvantages of the Bialetti Tutto Crema milk frother
- The process of creating foam is completely manual, so it may take longer than expected to obtain a certain consistency or texture. It’s a matter of getting the point across.
- Be careful when buying it because there are several sizes and the external appearance is identical for all. We are evaluating the one litre, but there are smaller ones. Make no mistake!
- Even if the cover is well sealed, sometimes some splash can jump out of the central hole where the mast penetrates.
- It’s not valid for induction cookers. If you have one of these at home, you’ll have to heat the milk separately in the microwave.
Bialetti Tutto Crema milk frother: Videos
First, here’s a full demonstration of how this Bialetti Tutto Crema works:
This other video is also interesting for us to understand the process perfectly. As you will see, it is not necessary to spend too much time cranking the handle to get a good foam:
Why buy a Bialetti Tutto Crema milk frother?
What really distinguishes this Bialetti Tutto Crema frother from any other manual milk whisk (apart from the prestige of its manufacturer and the firm behind it) is the double-mesh strainer. With this instrument, we can obtain a milk froth of incredible density and firmness with just a few dozen movements of the handle, very few seconds.
Moreover, being able to heat the milk directly in the container (unless you use an induction cooker) also saves you a step and makes the process more comfortable and fluid. In short, a perfect accessory for those who enjoy preparing and tasting cappuccinos or latte macchiatos at home. It does not have the power or speed of an electric skimmer, such as the Caso Fomini Crema, the Grundig MF 5260 or the Clatronic MS 3326, to name a few examples.