Name: Dolce Crema
Capacity: 300 ml
When it comes to talking about milk frothers, this Beper Dolce Crema is similar to the Beper Bellavita espresso machine. Its brand, Beper, is much more popular and has more market in Italy (the birthplace of these products).
So Beper Dolce Crema is an electric mixer whose presence in the market is still in the process of consolidation. However, we should not fall into the error of belittling it because it is less famous or comes from a less well-known brand within our borders; Beper is not a reference in Italy by chance.
This Beper Dolce Crema is an electric frother with a capacity of 425 ml, 650 watts of power, and three essential functions. With it, we can foam milk at natural temperature, make hot milk froth (at 65º), or use it as a milk heater.
It is possible thanks to the electric bass, which activates the rotary motor (the element that generates foam when shaking the milk) and transmits heat to the inside of the container. An internal thermostat controls the temperature and stops the process when the mentioned 65º centigrade is reached.
As we have said, the container has a capacity of 425 ml and is made of stainless steel. The interior has a non-stick coating and usually carved marks that indicate how far we can fill the milk jug, depending on whether we want to froth or heat.
And the usual lid is also there, which in this case is made of transparent plastic, covering the jug’s mouth and preventing splashes from jumping out.
Beper Dolce Crema milk frother: Italian quality and tradition
If you are moderately familiar with the world of milk frothers, you will know that the great advantage of electric mixers (also called milk heaters) is that the base and the jug operate separately.
You only need to connect them for a few seconds to reach the desired temperature. Still, all other operations (serving the milk or foam into the cups, putting the elements away and cleaning them) can be done individually. Thus, the Beper Dolce Crema is a comfortable and handy skimmer. For example, if we want to use the steel container as a separate service jug, no problem: the cable on the electric base will not bother us.
On the same bass, we find the control panel, which is actually reduced to a pair of indicator lights: one red (for hot operation) and one blue (for use at room temperature). The mode selection (only foaming or only heating milk) is made by coupling a small wheel on the rotary motor. Depending on the accessory we choose, our Dolce Crema Beper will work in one way or another.
This simplicity of operation is completed by the automatic stop function, which prevents the milk from overheating and running the risk of spilling, burning or sticking to the walls of the jug. Don’t worry about anything: the milk churn itself knows when the ideal temperature has been reached and when to stop.
Beper Dolce Crema milk frother: Main features
- Stainless steel jug.
- Black heat-insulating handle.
- Non-stick interior coating.
- The container has a specially shaped nozzle on the rim to facilitate serving the milk – or froth – from the inside.
- The skimmer has three different functions: milk heater, hot skimmer, and cold skimmer.
- It has a thermostat that automatically stops the appliance when the optimum temperature of 65º has been reached.
- 360º connection of the steel jug with the electric bass.
- Inside the skimmer, there are two marks that indicate the maximum level up to which we can fill it.
- The maximum capacity is 425 ml (for heating milk) or 300 ml if we are going to make froth.
- It includes two wheels to be coupled to the rotary motor: one wheel to mix the milk and the other to froth.
- Automatic shut-off function.
- Power: 650 watts.
- Dimensions: 16 x 18 x 13 cm.
- Two years direct manufacturer’s warranty.
Advantages of the Beper Dolce Crema milk frother
- The foamer has three functions in one appliance: heating milk, cold frothing, or hot frothing.
- The main body (i.e., the container) is made of stainless steel.
- The amount of froth that can be prepared, 300 ml, is greater than that of other mid-range electric mixers, which, with a similar price tag, do not allow more than 150 or 200 ml of milk to be frothed.
Disadvantages of the Beper Dolce Crema milk frother
- It is not possible to select the temperature: the device stops automatically when it reaches 65º. If you prefer a cooler or warmer result, you will have to search for it on your own.
- Beper is a much more popular brand in Italy. It can play against the Beper Dolce Crema foamer because casual, inexperienced users or buyers are usually very much guided by the name and what they know.
- It does not include spare wheels. It is precisely the smallest component of the skimmer, and therefore the easiest to misplace.
Beper Dolce Crema milk frother: Video
Here we see a great demonstration of the particular use of this sparkling wine (or Montalatte, as the Italians say) Beper Dolce Crema:
Why buy a Beper Dolce Crema milk frother?
The Beper Dolce Crema is one of the purest exponents of the Italian tradition when it comes to espressos and cappuccinos. There is no such thing as a good cappuccino or a good latte if the milk froth is not up to scratch.
It is a fundamental ingredient in these preparations, and the Italians know it. That is why they take the greatest care in making them with milk frothers, such as the one we have presented in today’s analysis.
The truth is that, despite not being very well known, Beper Dolce Crema is one of the best options we have evaluated on the web in the medium segment of milk foamers (you can see all the reviews of frothers here). The manufacturing is excellent, the quality of the components too, the price is very tight, and its capacity (in millilitres) is slightly higher than other competitors.