Name: Minipresso NS
Capacity: 100 ml
- [ENCAPSULATED ESPRESSO] Compatible with NS CAPSULES*, in which the coffee is ground, measured and tamped with high precision, there is very little left for error. It's also more convenient, mess free...
- [MANUAL OPERATION ONLY] Add any compatible capsules into the outlet head. Add hot water into the water tank. Unlock the piston from its travel position and pump a few strokes to pressurize and extract...
- [GREAT PARTNER FOR TRAVEL] Minipresso NS is your best choice to quickly and efficiently enjoy delicious espresso wherever you are. Your espresso looks great and taste fantastic every time.
- [COMPATIBILITY NOTE] NS CAPSULES refers to Nespresso** Original capsules and compatibles. Note that some non Original capsules might not work well with our machines.
- NOTE: Accessories are sold separately! You can purchase Minipresso Tank+ or Minipresso Case accessories separately in order to prepare longer espresso (100ml) and protect Minipresso NS from any bumps,...
The portable coffee machine industry has been growing steadily in recent years, and what was once a novelty and an ongoing suspicion of passing fads has now become established as a standard in the coffee world.
One of its greatest exponents is the Wacaco Minipresso NS, a portable coffee machine with a personality of its own that has not simply copied the formula of the success of others.
This is a portable coffee machine manufactured and distributed by Wacaco, a company created specifically for this coffee machine. It is a machine specifically designed as a coffee machine for travelling, to be taken with you anywhere and under any circumstances.
This means that all the details of the Wacaco Minipresso are refined and optimised for this purpose, so… it is not very practical to think of it as a coffee machine to use at home.
Technically, we are talking about a portable coffee maker that can reach up to 8 bars of pressure, that works with Nespresso or compatible capsules, and that has a capacity of 70 ml.
However, it should be noted that Wacaco provides its users with various additional water tanks, with different capacities, which allow us to make other types of espressos that are longer or shorter, depending on our preference.
Wacaco Minipresso: Comments And Operation
In our opinion, the greatest advantage of the Wacaco Minipresso is its ease of use. Although outwardly it looks similar, the Minipresso has an innovative design and differs from other portable coffee makers on the market. We will explain this briefly:
The Wacaco Minipresso has a semi-automatic piston, which injects small amounts of water into the pod little by little, instead of injecting the water in one go as in other coffee machines of this style. This method results in an espresso with a more intense and somewhat stronger aroma than what we are used to tasting with a portable coffee maker.
Everything is controlled by the dial which we can see in the central part of the coffee machine. This control knob serves first as a locking/unlocking element when you turn it (so that the coffee maker does not start up by accident), and then as a switch, for injecting water and making coffee, when you press it.
Remember: first turn to unlock, then press to make coffee.
As you may have guessed, the machine works with Nespresso pods, and it doesn’t need anything else: no plug, no compressed air, nothing. It is operated 100% manually. The only requirement, however, is that you must apply the water already hot. You must have boiled it beforehand.
Wacaco Nanopresso: A Remarkable Improvement
One of the main characteristics of this brand, and also partly to blame for its great success, is that it has not been satisfied with just marketing one more coffee machine, and that’s it.
Wacaco has been able to surround its product with an endless number of accessories that improve the initial capabilities of the coffee maker, and has also subjected its reference model to a process of improvement and updating. This process has resulted in the Wacaco Nanopresso, the updated and refined version of the original Minipresso.
Functionally, the Nanopresso is operated in the same way as the Minipresso and works with the same pods. However, it has some significant improvements in its performance, which we summarise below:
- It reaches 18 bars of pressure, instead of the original 8.
- It is even smaller and lighter than its predecessor.
- Improved semi-automatic piston: 15% less force is required to inject the water than with the old model.
- The water tank has a capacity of 80 ml, not 70 ml.
Naturally, the Nanopresso is also more expensive, but the difference is small if we are really going to use the Nanopresso coffee machine often and make the most of the features it offers.
As if that were not enough, we can also buy the Wacaco Nanopresso in different colours, apart from the original black: yellow, orange and red. Come on, an ideal survival kit to be found in the middle of the jungle if you get lost in some adventure.
Comparison Wacaco Minipresso Vs Nanopresso
Apart from the summary we have just given you in writing, if you want to know more about the differences between Wacaco Minipresso and Nanopresso you can see them together in this video.
You will also be able to see how the Wacaco Minipresso works, in case you haven’t heard of this type of portable coffee machine before.
Wacaco Minipresso Coffee Machine: Features
- Portable coffee machine, specially designed for excursions, trips and stays away from home.
- Works with Nespresso system or compatible pods.
- 8 bar pressure.
- 70 ml capacity water tank.
- Includes a cup of coffee (works as a cover for the machine when not in use) and a special brush for cleaning.
- Approximate dimensions: 17 x 7 x 6 cms.
- Weight: only 350 grams.
Accessories For Wacaco Minipresso NS
We have already said that the accessories for the Wacaco Minipresso coffee machine, (or for the Nanopresso, which is also available) are part of the success of this machine in the competitive sector of portable coffee machines.
These accessories include, for example, travel sleeves (a must for an adventurous coffee maker, indeed), water tanks of different capacities (there is one up to 100 ml) or a barista kit for preparing more complex espresso preparations (such as a double espresso, lungo or ristretto).
If you need to buy accessories for your Nanopresso, you will find them all on Amazon and faster than on the original website:
Advantages Of Wacaco Minipresso NS
- It works with genuine Nespresso pods (or those compatible), not with soft single-dose or ESE pods.
- It is super small and super light. A real travel coffee machine, with all the trimmings.
- The coffee production method achieves better results than other similar machines (thanks to the semi-automatic piston).
- The various accessories available make it a much more versatile machine than others of this style.
Disadvantages Of The Wacaco Minipresso NS
- Its price: it is much better but also more expensive than other portable coffee machines.
- The instruction manual does not always come in English.
- We have to heat the water ourselves before using the coffee maker, so ultimately you are always dependent on at least one kettle or additional heat source. Although you can always boil the water beforehand and carry it in a hot thermos flask, of course.
Why Buy A Wacaco Minipresso?
Whether we’re talking about the Minipresso NS or the Nanopresso (both brew, brew), we’re referring to the best travel coffee machine available on the market right now. The NS “name” refers to the use of authentic Nespresso capsules within the system, with all the guarantees of flavour and variety of aromas that this entails.
The fact is that this is a coffee machine that is so specialised in outdoor activities (travel, excursions, nature) that it is impractical to use in any other situation. So be careful about choosing this type of coffee maker like the Wacaco Minipresso to give someone an original gift.
We recommend it, without a doubt, but only if we are sure that it will be used frequently outside the home. In its sector it is one of the best we have analysed.
Other very interesting alternatives to the Wacaco Minipresso, perhaps with less premium details but also somewhat cheaper, can be the Staresso coffee machine or the portable Lychee.