Capacity: 0.8 liters
- Compact space-saving design
- Barcode technology ensures the optimum drink every time
- Simple and easy to use one button operation
- Energy efficient flow heater technology heats only the water required
- Over 35 different varieties including espresso, latte, cappuccino, teas, hot chocolate
The Tassimo Vivy (T12) is one of Tassimo’s newest machines and also by far its most complete coffee maker. It is an ideal machine if you have little space in your kitchen, thanks to its 17 cm width. Today, the Vivy coffee maker is one of the best-selling capsule coffee makers, and that’s no coincidence.
The Tassimo Vivy coffee machine (also called Tassimo T12) includes all the usual and typical functions in the whole range, such as the T-Discs capsule holder, the Intellibrew system – the barcode reading of the capsules – or the automatic cleaning, but in much less space. It has a 0.8-litre capacity – it’s a small coffee machine, with all that that implies – and it’s aimed at a young audience.
It is a capsule coffee maker designed above all for users who are looking for a compact, discreet and simple design. If you are looking for more specific functions or other extras, then you should look for other alternatives within Tassimo, such as the Fidelia or the Joy. But, to be honest, we have to say that the most popular Tassimo brand is usually one of the newest ones, as it overlaps the sales and marketing campaigns of all the other models. And that is what has happened with the Tassimo Vivy coffee maker, no more and no less.
If you want to know more about the Tassimo Vivy coffee machine, you can download its user manual here:
- Download user manual of the Tassimo Vivy coffee machine (T12)
- Download quick guide to the Tassimo Vivy coffee machine (T12)
Tassimo Vivy vs Tassimo Vivy 2: Differences
Years after the successful launch of Vivy, Tassimo has marketed an updated version of this model. It is called Tassimo Vivy 2, or Tassimo T14 (the previous one was T12).
In this section, we should list the differences between the Tassimo Vivy 2 and the original Vivy, but the truth is that the only modifications have been of an aesthetic level. Both the control panel with the push-button machine and the coffee machine head where the capsule holder is inserted, which were made of black plastic in the Vivy T12, have been “coloured” in the Vivy T14. Thus, the Tassimo Vivy 2 differs from the Vivy in that its appearance is entirely of the same colour, with no visible black plastic parts.
In the following gallery, you can better appreciate the differences between the two Vivy models (T12 and T14) of the same black colour:
Buy Tassimo Vivy T12 : Colour range
The Tassimo Vivy coffee maker is currently available in several different colours. Keep an eye on the prices, because not all of them are the same price. Click to choose yours:
Tassimo T12 Vivy coffee maker: Main features
- It needs hardly any quick warm-up and start-up time. Turn on your Tassimo Vivy and make your coffee instantly.
- The coffee maker has an automatic cleaning system after each run. Very useful!
- You can manually adjust the preparations (more or less strong drinks).
- It has an accessory for making milk foam already integrated. It is automatic, and will help you make your cappuccinos and lattes effortlessly and with all the flavour.
- The 15 bar pressure pump and the silencer.
- The Intellibrew system, genuine from Tassimo, ensures that each drink will have the right and exact amount of water, automatically.
- You can use cups or glasses of different sizes, as the tray is removable and adjustable.
- The water tank has a capacity of 0.7 litres. It can be removed for cleaning, and warns you when you need to fill it. It is located on the side of the coffee maker, not on the back as usual in other models.
- It incorporates a practical concealable recess and a compartment for storing the water softener.
- The approximate dimensions are 24,9 (height) x 16,9 (width) x 29,8 (depth) cms. Its weight is 2.1 kgs.
Advantages of the Tassimo Vivy 2 coffee machine
NOTE: All these notes are valid for the most current Tassimo Vivy 2 model, as well as for the original Tassimo Vivy.
- Its super-compact design. The Tassimo Vivy is one of the smallest single-dose coffee machines on the market.
- Automatic cleaning system. Comfortable and saves the user’s effort.
- Its price is very competitive, seeing other options of the capsule coffee machines market.
Disadvantages of the Tassimo Vivy 2 coffee machine
- The 0.7-litre water tank maybe a little bit too big, especially compared to other options within the same brand.
- It doesn’t have any extras like the extra-large tank of the Tassimo Fidelia coffee machine, for example.
How does the Tassimo Vivy work?
Before buying your Tassimo Vivy (Tassimo T12), there is nothing better than seeing it in operation to get an idea of what you will find. If you don’t know how to use the Tassimo Vivy, don’t miss this illustrative video:
How to Decalcify the Tassimo Vivy Coffee Pot
To decalcify the Vivy T12 coffee machine, follow the same guidelines as for the other Tassimo machines. You can read more about this in this guide.
In any case, here is a video that shows us how to decalcify the Tassimo Vivy step by step in an obvious way:
Why buy a Tassimo Vivy? Opinions and Alternatives
If you want to find coffee makers similar to the Tassimo T12 or Vivy, you don’t have to go far. Tassimo has complemented this coffee maker with a later machine, the Tassimo Suny, which has the same characteristics (compact, economical, very easy to use) and changes the external appearance and brand image to focus on a different type of public. You can read more about it here: Analysis of the Tassimo Suny.
On the other hand, its equivalents in the single-dose capsule market would be the compact and cheap models of other brands, such as the Dolce Gusto Mini Me (or even the Oblo), or the Nespresso Inissia. If you want to try other less well-known systems, another good option (similar to the Vivy in terms of price and performance) could be the Lavazza Minu.