Capacity: 0.8 liters
If Tassimo recently launched his Tassimo Vivy coffee machine to try to get even closer to the general public with a competitive machine, the next turn is for Tassimo Suny, a sort of the first cousin. Tassimo Vivy and Tassimo Suny complement each other perfectly.
Both have common characteristics but are geared towards a different kind of audience. The Tassimo Vivy seems to be geared towards a more female audience, while this new Suny seems to be more oriented towards the male sector. Both coffee machines have more rounded shapes and a more compact design than the rest of the Tassimo brand machines.
As you know, Tassimo assigns its coffee machines a numerical nomenclature to differentiate each model. In this case, the Tassimo Suny is also known as the T32 model.
Where to buy the Tassimo Suny?
At CoffeeMaker.top, Yeah, no kidding! At the time of writing this review, the Tassimo Suny was only available through Amazon from other countries like Germany or France, where they enjoyed this model before us. The readers of our website were among the first to enjoy a Suny! Its price is quite tight, and we can have it in our house in a couple of days for around £50-60.
Tassimo Suny: Main features
As the most remarkable features of the Tassimo Suny, we can mention the Smart Start system, which is not really a system as such but a larger button to start the preparation of coffee, located right on the tray where we place our cup or glass. That is when we place the container is when the preparation begins.
The button that formerly performed this function now disappears from the front of the machine, much cleaner and clearer. It does not affect the preparation time or the quality of it, but it does serve to eliminate the control button. In other words: the coffee maker is simplified. With just one button, you can control everything.
Other features of the Tassimo Suny coffee machine:
- Its approximate dimensions are 16.7 cms wide, 25.1 cms high and 30.5 cms deep.
- Its approximate weight is 2.1 kilograms.
- The pressure is 3.3 bars, the same as all Tassimo coffee machines.
- The water tank is located at the back and has a capacity of 0.8 litres.
- The cup tray is removable, and its height is adjustable. It is made of stainless steel.
- Its electrical consumption is 1300 watts.
Tassimo Suny: Colour range
The Tassimo Suny was initially presented in various colours. Still, over the years, it has become less and less important in the Tassimo catalogue, and therefore the variety is no longer as wide as it used to be. Only red, black and grey are left.
Advantages of the Tassimo Suny coffee machine
- The cup tray is made of stainless steel, not plastic, and is a high-quality detail.
- We find the range of colours modern and attractive.
- The handling of the coffee machine is simplified to the maximum. The Smart Start system is a great success.
- The price, at least in the beginning, was very competitive: only £89. And it has continued to decrease over the years.
Disadvantages of the Tassimo Suny coffee machine
- The water tank can be a bit small if we use the coffee machine very often.
- Perhaps there are few differences from the Tassimo Vivy model.
Why buy a Tassimo Suny?
Tassimo’s intentions with this Suny seem very clear: to cover a much wider sector of the public by complementing the launch of its latest Vivy with a machine very similar in all its features but more oriented towards the male consumer, offices or public buildings.
Over time, this intended differentiation has been blurred, and the Vivy has become much more popular. Even the Happy, which appeared later, has remained an equally valid and much cheaper option. There are hardly any functional differences between the three machines, and that is always a handicap to stand out.
In this case, it seems that the Tassimo Suny T32 has taken the worst share in terms of popularity among users.
The above does not detract from the fact that it is an excellent option for domestic consumption, just like its cousin-sister: a very compact coffee machine with assorted colours and a very simplified control system that makes it a very accessible coffee machine.