Name: New Squissita Intelligent
Capacity: 1.2 litres
Solac is one of the most traditional firms that survive in the market. Very popular for its espresso machines of medium-low range, functional and affordable, the company Solac approaches to raise a level its most ambitious machine: the Solac Squissita. The result of this novelty is presented in this review. Its name is Solac CE4494 or Solac New Squissita Intelligent.
The nickname “Intelligent” added to the name makes clear the intentions and outstanding qualities of this model. The Solac New Squissita Intelligent stands out for its ability to program and memorize the amount of water in each cup. In this way, you can always get a coffee to your liking, and you only need to set it up once – really convenient!
Beyond this function, the Solac New Squissita Intelligent is a 19 bar pressure espresso machine that we can fit into the mid-range of its segment: manual operation, 1.2-litre capacity, compatibility with ESE pads, with stainless steel finishes… very, very complete. In our opinion, the change of look has been a success, and the New Squissita Intelligent coffee machine clearly surpasses the performance of its “little sister”, the Solac Squissita (model CE4492).
Let’s take a closer look at the functions and how to use this interesting espresso machine:
New Squissita Intelligent: Solac coffee machine Ce4494
The first thing that catches the eye of the Solac New Squissita Intelligent, at first glance, is the chrome and stainless steel finishes. They are like a declaration of intent, and they make it clear from the first moment that we are not dealing with an ordinary coffee machine. This is a well-cared-for product aimed at a user with a minimum level of demand for his Solac espresso machine.
The control panel of this Solac CE4494 is very simple and is dominated by two large buttons with a luminous interface. Between the two is the main on/off switch of the coffee machine. On the left-hand side, there is a dial that is used to determine the strength of emission of steam from the foam pipe. And remember that the amount of water to be used in each cup can be programmed electronically.
The water tank is located at the back of the piece and has a capacity of 1.2 litres. It can be removed, as is usually the case in these cases, either to clean it or to refill it.
The steamer is a steel tube without a rubber nozzle, which perfectly fulfils its purpose. The most interesting thing about the filter set is that it is made up of three aluminium ladles instead of the usual two. There is one for preparing a single espresso, another for a double espresso and a third one for the well-known single-dose ESE pods.
Solac New Squissita Intelligent: Main features
- 19 bar pressure espresso machine.
- Many components and finishes are made of stainless steel.
- Compatible with ground coffee, and also with ESE single-dose.
- Removable water tank of 1.2 litres.
- Pre-infusion system.
- The amount of water to be served in each coffee can be programmed electronically.
- Includes stainless steel steamer.
- Adjustable steam emission.
- Energy saving: the coffee maker switches off automatically 30 minutes after the coffee has been brewed.
- Allows you to serve one or two cups of espresso simultaneously.
- Heating plate (for preheating the cups) located on the top of the coffee maker.
- Includes three filters: one for single espresso, one for double espresso and one for single pods.
- Dimensions: 31 x 29 x 26 cms.
- Weight: 4 kilograms.
Advantages of the Solac New Squissita Intelligent
- The 19 bar pressure.
- The finishes and components in stainless steel.
- The compatibility with the ESE monodose, and in particular the third filter. This time we do not have a dual-use filter, as is often the case with espresso machines that offer this possibility; we have an exclusive filter for single-dose machines.
- To be able to program (and store in the machine) the length of each cup.
Disadvantages of the Solac New Squissita Intelligent
- For asking… a slightly more generous water tank.
- We are missing some accessories, such as the dosing spoon. For less expert users it is always useful (the most expert).
- The filters are made of aluminium, not steel. It is not advisable to put them in the dishwasher because they will get dark (although in general any component that will be in contact with the coffee is better washed only with water).
Why buy a Solac New Squissita Intelligent?
This is a really complete espresso machine, very interesting for those users who regularly consume espresso coffee at home and are not satisfied with “just another coffee machine”. If you are looking to go one step further, the Solac New Squissita Intelligent is an excellent alternative.
As you can see by reading the catalogue of features, this is a complete Solac CE4494 model, which has practically everything a medium profile user may need in his daily routine.
Details such as the steam regulation, the electronic programming of the water volumes of each cup, or the heating plate to preheat the cups… are very much appreciated. And they place this model above other more conventional profile coffee machines. Its price is naturally a little higher than other manual espresso machines, but it is certainly worth the cost.
In short, this is a machine that significantly improves on the previous Solac Squissita model.
We can compare it to very popular and prestigious machines in the sector, such as the Delonghi EC-680, the Gastroback 42606, Severin KA5990 or the Briel ES35.