Name: Viva Café
Capacity: 1.2 litres
- Adjustable spout easily accommodates your favourite cup size
- Automatic shut-off for less energy consumption Calc-clean indicator reminds you when to decalcify
- Removable extra-large water reservoir for fewer refills 1 or 2 cups of SENSEO coffee in less than a minute
- Delicious coffee foam layer for your special coffee moment Unique brewing system for optimal taste
- Large coffee pod variety for a great coffee every time Polished stainless steel spout for premium look
Welcome to the analysis of the Philips Senseo Viva Café coffee machine which as we know comes from the Philips factory. We will not dwell too much on the qualities common to the Senseo range: single-dose variety, dishwasher-safe components, Marcilla brand coffee, etc. This model of Senseo has the nomenclature HD7825 (it is important to review to avoid confusion).
So do not be surprised to see references to this coffee maker of the two possible forms: Senseo Viva Café or Philips HD7825. In the more recent models, the nomenclature has evolved to the HD7827 and HD7828, but there is no difference with the HD7825. Originally, by the way, this coffee maker was known as the Senseo Brio.
Let’s start by talking about the Philips Viva Café or Senseo 7825, and we’ll do it starting with its design: The exterior look of the Senseo Viva Café is similar to other branded companions like the Classic or the Cappuccino. Its finishes and materials are of high quality, a characteristic that is common to all Senseo range. Metal finishes predominate over plastics.
The front has three buttons on the bottom (you can see it very well in the last photo): one to prepare a cup of coffee, another to prepare two cups of coffee simultaneously and another in the centre to turn the machine off and on. It couldn’t be simpler.
Senseo Viva Café: colour range
If you want to buy a Philips Viva Café, you should know that this model has one of the widest and most vivid colour ranges on the market. Here are the purchase links and prices for each model:
- Buy Senseo Viva Cafe in black – £82
- Buy Senseo Viva Coffee in lime green – £91
- Buy Senseo Viva Coffee in red – £83
- Buy Senseo Viva Coffee in orange – £85
- Buy Senseo Viva Coffee in Violet – £101
- Buy Senseo Viva Coffee in blue – £95
NOTE: the prices that we have just indicated for Senseo Viva Cafe are merely indicative, and were valid at the time of writing. They may vary over time, depending on stocks and market demand for this coffee maker.
Senseo Viva Café: Main features
- The length of the cable is 100 cms. Very comfortable to have to worry about having a plug close.
- Water tank capacity: 1.2 litres (more or less for 8 coffees). The tank is removable, and you can put it in the dishwasher.
- Water level indicator: there’s nothing more frustrating than going off to brew your favourite coffee and having to refill the tank first.
- Automatic shut-off system after 30 minutes of inactivity.
- Calc-clean warning system that informs you when your coffee machine is starting to build up too much limescale If you change the lime deposits regularly, you will prolong the life of the coffee machine.
- Each coffee is ready in approximately 30 seconds.
- The nozzle is made of polished stainless steel. You can raise or lower the nozzle to accommodate your favourite cup or glass of coffee.
- International warranty of 2 years.
Advantages of Senseo Viva Café
- Price: Senseo’s coffee machines are quite competitive in price, around £90-100.
- You can make two cups of coffee simultaneously, in just under a minute.
- All parts can be separated and washed in the dishwasher.
- The 1.2-litre water tank (approximately for eight coffees) is large enough that it doesn’t get heavy to refill every few minutes.
Disadvantages of Senseo Viva Café
- The automatic shutdown system is useful, but it works after 30 minutes of time. On Dolce Gusto coffee machines, for example, the switch-off is activated after five minutes.
- It is a purely basic coffee machine: it does not, for example, have the ability to vaporise milk like the Senseo Cappuccino, or the more modern functions of the Senseo Twist.
- The coffee is from Marcilla. It’s a premium brand, but it works exclusively with Senseo, so if you don’t like Marcilla coffee, you may not get much out of your Senseo Viva Café. You can make some arrangements to use other compatible brands, in any case.
Senseo Viva Café: Videos
Here we leave a complete demonstration of use, as a test, this Senseo Viva Café:
And in this other video we appreciate the now-classic unpacking of the coffee maker and a complete overhaul of all its components:
Why buy a Senseo Viva Café?
Of the entire Senseo range, the Philips HD7825 or Senseo Brio remains the most popular and best-selling. It is a coffee maker suitable for the whole family and for any situation, both at home and in the office. Perhaps this versatility is the main reason for its success. And, besides, its colours are super attractive, so why not buy one?
On the other hand, it is true that the Viva Café competes directly with the Senseo Clasica, a smaller model within the same range with very similar qualities and, of course, more economical.