Name: Exprelia Evo
Capacity: 1.5 litres
Sometimes users are not satisfied with just enjoying freshly brewed coffee at home but demand the maximum. We have no qualms about making an extra investment to take home the best. And the best has a name: Saeco Exprelia Evo.
Saeco Exprelia Evo is a super-automatic coffee machine that is at the top of the range of Saeco automatic machines. As you can deduce from its name, it is an advanced and evolved model compared to the traditional Exprelia.
It has a solid stainless steel finish, it allows to prepare any drink (black coffee, with milk, with milk foam), automatic cleaning and decalcification, and it also has two boilers and two pressure pumps. An impressive coffee machine with a quality close to that of the machines usually used in the hotel and catering industry.
Do you want to know more about it? Then read carefully because here we go:
Exprelia Evo: the most professional of Saeco’s home machines
If we take a look at the complete control panel of this Saeco Exprelia Evo, we can know at a glance what the essential functions of this coffee machine are. The control panel is quite clear and handy, taking into account the many different options and possibilities offered by the machine.
All the buttons have a legend, as well as an explanatory icon, which makes it very easy to know what they are for even before you have read the instruction manual for the coffee machine (something we always recommend).
First of all, the buttons on the left are used to make an espresso, a large espresso (lungo) or a normal coffee (American type so that we can understand each other). Any of these preparations can be double: one or two cups, at our choice.
There is also a fourth button labelled “special”, which is used to prepare the customised coffee according to the parameters we have recorded in the memory of the coffee machine.
The four buttons on the right-hand side allow you to prepare cappuccinos or lattes (with just one press), start the coffee maker’s cleaning cycle, or activate or deactivate the (stand by) mode. If you look closely, you’ll also see other smaller buttons used to move between the options menus or to select the intensity of the coffees.
In the centre, there is a spectacular OLED screen that informs you of the options you have chosen or the next step that the coffee machine will take.
Personalisation is another of Exprelia Evo’s strengths. We can determine the thickness with which we will grind the coffee, the dose of coffee to be ground, the size of each drink, the extraction temperature, the amount of coffee or milk to be used in each preparation, the size of the coffee -long or short-, etc. An endless list.
However, the personalisation options can be found with similar variety in any other high-end automatic espresso machine. What really makes this Saeco Exprelia Evo a superior coffee machine is, for example, having two boilers – not just one – to achieve immediate brewing whatever type of beverage we are going to prepare.
The heating times are considerably reduced. Both boilers, by the way, are not made of aluminium but of stainless steel, like the whole body of the coffee maker.
Another interesting detail is the removable milk jug and the folding system of the skimmer. So, if we want to prepare automatic cappuccinos, all we have to do is fill the milk jug, place it in its correct position, and return it to the fridge when we have finished.
But if we prefer to beat the foam ourselves, in a traditional way, the Saeco Exprelia Evo also allows us to do so. The foam tube is located to the left of the coffee spout, and it is foldable. We can direct it towards the container where we want to work and return it to its vertical position when we have finished (as the steamer rinses automatically after each use).
On the other hand, the grinder of the coffee machine is made of ceramic wheels, and we can adjust the thickness of the grinding according to 8 predetermined levels.
This is a guarantee that the treatment of the raw material – the main culprit of the final result of our espresso – will be carried out as the canons require, with a homogeneous grinding, and without the risk of transmitting burnt aromas due to the overheating of the grinders.
It is located on the right side of the Exprelia Evo interior. To access it, we only have to lift the cover or lid, which, by the way, also hides -on the left- the water tank. Large, transparent and removable.
This automatic rinsing or rinsing of Saeco Exprelia Evo is not limited to the skimmer but is a constant in any process or preparation we carry out. The coffee machine performs periodic cleaning tasks and also warns us when it is necessary to practice a descaling.
Finally, we would also like to highlight the pre-infusion system that Saeco has included in its Saeco Exprelia Evo. Not only does it wet the ground coffee beans before extraction to get the maximum aroma in your drink, but it also allows you to set up and customise various aspects of this process. How many coffee machines do you know that are capable of doing this?
Saeco Exprelia Evo: general characteristics
After these introductory brushstrokes, in which we have tried to draw a sketch with the most representative features of this Exprelia Evo, we will list the complete list of technical specifications and functions of the coffee machine:
- Built in stainless steel and ABS plastic.
- Integrated grinder with ceramic grinding wheels.
- We can define up to 8 grinding levels or thicknesses.
- Compatible with water filters.
- Informative OLED digital display.
- It has a milk vaporizer, which also allows to serve hot water.
- Automatic preparation (by pressing a single button) of five types of coffee: espresso, double espresso, light coffee, cappuccino and latte macchiato.
- Exclusive Saeco pre-infusion system (Saeco Aroma System): the ground beans are moistened before coffee extraction to obtain an extra intense aroma.
- It is possible to customize the temperature of the coffee, the intensity, the size, or the amount of hot water.
- Programmable memory: you can save the settings of your favourite coffee to always prepare it in the same way and automatically.
- Includes automatic cleaning and decalcification cycles.
- The coffee spout nozzle is height adjustable. At its highest point it allows you to use cups up to 15 cm high.
- The waste and drip tray has a capacity of approximately 11 drinks.
- Specific carafe for storing fresh milk (directly from the fridge to the coffee maker).
- Water tank capacity: 1.5 litres.
- Transparent, removable water tank.
- Dimensions: 53x 35 x 53 cms.
- Weight: about 13 kilos.
- Power: 1400 watts.
- Cable length: 80 cms.
Advantages of the Saeco Exprelia Evo
- It has not one, but two boilers, and in addition to stainless steel. The heating times are minimal even though we are constantly changing the service (coffee, milk, hot water…).
- This is a real One Touch coffee maker. With just one touch of a button we can enjoy the simplest espresso or the most sophisticated latte macchiato in our cup. All this is possible thanks to the milk jug that comes with the Saeco Exprelia Evo.
- Despite being able to prepare cappuccinos and lattes automatically, the coffee maker also lets you froth the milk manually yourself.
- The grinder is fantastic: it is made of ceramic grinding wheels (much more durable and safe than steel ones) and allows us to configure up to 8 different grinding thicknesses. It is much more precise than the average grinder built into coffee machines.
Disadvantages of Saeco Exprelia Evo
- Its price, obviously.
Saeco Exprelia Evo: videos
We start at the beginning: a thorough and complete review of the coffee machine, courtesy of the guys at IDrinkCoffeeCanada:
This is a demonstration of how a latte macchiato is prepared in the Saeco Exprelia Evo:
And here is a temperature test, in case you want to confirm with data the benefits we have already outlined throughout the analysis:
Why buy a Saeco Exprelia Evo?
Absolutely spectacular is this Exprelia Evo, with which Saeco gives a new twist to its Exprelia or Xelsis models (the Italian firm’s top-of-the-range models until now).
Any component or action that we can carry out with this coffee machine performs at the highest level of excellence in the market.
The possibilities of personalisation of coffees (memory included) are enormous; the grinder is surely the most powerful and precise that we have seen in an automatic one, the materials of manufacture of first quality with a predominance of the stainless steel, two boilers instead of one, automated and also manual frothing machine, it is not possible to be asked for more.
We recommend it if you have the budget to invest in it and if you are completely sure that you are going to take advantage and enjoy each of the features that this marvel puts at your disposal.
The only doubt that can be asked is if many users will not be compensated equally by getting other super-automatics, even without leaving the Saeco line, which will also cover perfectly the most common needs within a high level of demand, but which can cost in the order of 200 or 300 pounds less than this Exprelia Evo. The Intelia Evo, the Incanto or the Jura Impressa C60, for example, come to mind. A coffee machine comparable to this one – both in excellence and in price – could be Delonghi’s Primadonna.