Capacity: 1.2 litres
Saeco is a prestigious company in the coffee machine sector, especially in terms of espresso machines (automatic and manual). However, Saeco also has good exponents in the drip coffee machine market, such as this Saeco Avance that we are going to analyse in detail today.
The Saeco Avance is a drip coffee machine with a sober and very harmonious appearance manufactured by Philips. It is also known by the nomenclature Saeco HD7698. The casing is entirely black (the same colour as all the plastic accessories on the coffee machine), and the two large cups that make up the coffee group are embedded in it.
On the one hand, the upper container, where we add the water and the ground coffee, and on the other hand, the lower decanter where the already prepared coffee is deposited. As usual with drip coffee machines, we can prepare a maximum amount of coffee equivalent to about 10 cups.
When pouring the water into the upper container, we have an original level that allows us to know for which amount of cups we have enough with the water we have poured. Remember that the maximum is 10.
And as the only accessory elements within the sober design of this Saeco Avance, the on/off switch (located to the right of the front, at the height of the lower container) that lights up in orange when it is turned on, and the always visible Philips logo on the base of the casing, stand out.
There is no great difficulty in using this Saeco Avance. Take out the upper container, place the paper coffee filter, pour the ground coffee over it and pour the desired water through the hole provided. Once you have the coffee and the amount of water you want, fit the container into the coffee machine and start it up. And that’s it.
The hot coffee will slowly fall (that’s why it’s a drip coffee maker, right?) into the bottom carafe. According to the manufacturer’s specifications, the estimated brewing or heating time if the Saeco Avance is full to the brim is 10 minutes.
In any case, we recommend always checking this type of data yourself when working with the brewer first hand. At the end of this time, the switch on the coffee machine (which will be illuminated during the whole process) will turn off, and this means that we can remove the lower decanter and pour our freshly brewed coffee wherever we want.
Saeco Avance: Main features
- The coffee maker measures approximately 25 x 35 x 26 cm.
- It weighs about 3.6 kg.
- We can prepare the equivalent of 10 cups of coffee at most.
- The capacity of the water tank is approximately 1.2 litres.
- The containers are dishwasher safe.
- Built-in anti-drip function.
- It also has an energy-saving function: the coffee maker switches off automatically when the brew is ready.
- The estimated brewing time (assuming we have a full coffee machine at maximum capacity) is approximately 10 minutes.
- The length of the cable is 85 centimetres.
- It includes an anti-slip surface at the base, to avoid slipping and instability when handling it.
- Power: 1400 watts.
Advantages of Saeco Avance
- The details are very careful: anti-slip base, level that indicates how much water we carry, anti-drip system.
- Especially the model HD7698 (lower steel jug) has impeccable finishes, with great solidity.
- Sober and elegant design at the same time (in reality this is a double-edged sword, some people may consider the Saeco Avance to be a coffee maker with too simple aesthetics).
Disadvantages of the Saeco Avance
- It is somewhat uncomfortable to have to take the top container out in order to fill it with water.
- The cable can be a little short if you don’t have a plug nearby.
Saeco Avance: Videos
If you still have doubts before buying a Saeco Avance, in the following video, you can see live everything we have said so far in our analysis.
Why buy a Saeco Avance?
Alternatively, remember that this Saeco Avance HD7698 model has a slight modification to the HD7688. The difference between the two is simply that the lower jug or container is not thermal steel (and therefore retains heat) but transparent glass, much more conventional. In the photo below, you can see that the coffee machine is the same, but the material of the carafe changes: