Brand: Russell Hobbs
Capacity: 1.3 litres
- Satisfaction is also guaranteed by the possibility of choosing coffee strength depending on individual preferences or the need of the moment. Coffee maker with a built-in grinder for grinding coffee.
- 9 settings from a finer to a thicker degree of grinding coffee. Digital LCD display with timer. Automatic safety switch. Adjusting the strength of brewing coffee.
- Capacity: 1. 5 L/ 10 cups. Container for 250 g of coffee beans. The removable filter holder makes cleaning easier.
- Automatic function of maintaining the heat. Power: 1000 W.
Today we are talking about a coffee maker that is different from the rest of the drip coffee makers on the market. It is the Russell Hobbs Grind & Brew, a drip coffee maker that, as its name indicates, combines the function of a grinder and the preparation of coffee in a single process. As with the espresso machines that have a built-in grinder, this allows us to enjoy freshly ground coffee, with all its aromas and nuances intact.
The Russell Hobbs Grind & Brew belongs to the Russell Hobbs Buckingham collection, a successful line of products of this brand. It is a coffee maker of impeccable manufacture, with an excellent and embellished external appearance thanks to the polished steel front panel. Very elegant and durable in the kitchen.
As far as the grinder is concerned, the Russell Hobbs Grind & Brew coffee maker allows us to choose the thickness of the grind from 9 different levels. The selector knob, chrome-plated, is on the top of the coffee maker – and the container for pouring the beans has a capacity of 250 grams, which is within the usual range. The grinder also has a small safety switch, which in these cases never hurts.
On the right side of the Russell Hobbs Grind & Brew coffee maker, we can see a transparent water level that will help us anticipate being left empty. The rest of the body of the coffee maker is quite sober and is dominated by the space for the thermal carafe, and by the Russell & Hobbs logo on the bottom panel.
The digital control panel deserves a special mention. The seven operating buttons are drawn and understood entirely, and the LCD screen with a blue background is quite clear whatever the surrounding light conditions. The three buttons at the bottom are used for the programmable timer (you can select the time and minutes you want the coffee maker to start, up to 24 hours in advance). The rest of the buttons are used to set parameters such as the coffee dose, its intensity, or the number of cups to be prepared.
If you still have any doubts about the operation of this coffee maker, you can consult its instruction manual here: Russell Hobbs Grind & Brew instruction manual.
Russell Hobbs Grind & Brew: general features
- Its dimensions are 28x34x49 cms.
- Approximate weight: 7 kilograms.
- The integrated grinder allows us to choose between 9 levels or grinding thicknesses.
- We can program it up to 24 hours in advance. It has a timer with automatic switch-off (that is, if we are not at home when the coffee maker is activated, or the process is finished, it will switch off automatically).
- The water tank has a capacity of 1.3 litres.
- The thermal carafe (i.e. where the coffee is deposited as it is being prepared) has a capacity of 1.5 litres. That’s about the equivalent of ten cups of coffee.
- Coffee bean deposit with a capacity of 250 coffee beans.
- Digital control panel, with LCD display.
- Aroma adjustment
- The intensity of the coffee can be regulated: from stronger to lighter.
- 1000 watts of power in the motor.
Advantages of the Russell Hobbs Grind & Brew
- Without doubt the versatility offered by the integrated grinder function in a drip coffee machine.
- We found the control panel very clear and easy to understand. There are no unnecessary buttons or elements, nor are there any missing functions on it. Perfect balance.
- The possibility of programming the coffee brewing with the timer. We can enjoy freshly brewed coffee whenever we want.
Disadvantages of the Russell Hobbs Grind & Brew
- Due to the absence of similar coffee machines, it isn’t easy to establish a comparison and to know whether the price/quality ratio is adjusted or not.
- By including a grinder (and all the elements that go with it), it is a significantly larger coffee machine than other drip coffee machines.
Russell Hobbs Grind & Brew: videos
It is a somewhat short video, but one that serves to complement our analysis and give you a better perspective on the Russell Hobbs Grind & Brew coffee maker.
Why buy a Russell Hobbs Grind & Brew?
Russell Hobbs Grind & Brew is a coffee machine with features that are unusual in the market, as most grinders are usually espresso machines rather than drip machines. For this reason, its characteristics are unique, and finding comparisons or alternatives in other coffee makers is not easy.
This Grind & Brew model from Russell Hobbs is the ideal choice if you’re looking for a drip coffee maker, for making coffee in large quantities as has always been done, but also with the bonus of being able to taste it freshly ground.