Type: Dripping with grinder
Capacity: 10 cups
The Philips HD7753 is a rare advert in the traditional drip coffee machine segment. It offers all the features you would expect from a top-of-the-range coffee machine, plus a host of exclusive details aimed at satisfying the demands of even the most expert coffee drinker.
Naturally, this is not a coffee machine designed to cover the most basic home needs of any household. Still, it goes quite a few steps further in the experience of preparing and enjoying coffee at home.
Let’s start this analysis by talking about its external appearance. The design of the Philips HD7753 coffee machine is spectacular, rotund, with very straight lines but rounded edges, and a stainless steel coating that makes the whole thing extremely solid. This is a coffee machine that becomes the star of your kitchen from the first minute.
This model includes a thermal carafe to maintain the temperature of the coffee already prepared, and on the right side, we can also see the water level of the tank. On this same side, there is an Open button that serves to automatically open the whole coffee group and to be able to access its interior to pour in ground coffee, clean the filter, etc.
In terms of performance, two powerful features are worth noting in the Philips HD7753. Firstly, the control panel with not too many buttons but an eye-catching LCD screen on the front.
The buttons to the left of the screen determine the amount of coffee or cups you want to make (from 2 to 10) and how strong it is. The buttons under the screen are used to program the coffee maker and to set the timer (with hours and minutes), and the rightmost button is the on/off switch.
In addition, the coffee machine has specific grinder controls located on the top of the housing (as shown in the zenithal image that illustrates this analysis below).
And secondly, of course, the built-in grinder. This is a conical grinder in which we can select up to 9 degrees of grinding thickness, from the finest to the thickest. This is done by means of a rotary control located in the upper part, next to the tank for the coffee beans.
In addition, the Philips HD7753 coffee machine has a practical safety system to block the operation of the grinder when we are interested. A second advantage is that you can grind the coffee just before preparing it and inside the coffee maker itself. This allows you to determine the intensity with which your coffee machine will make the preparation (a feature that depends largely on the thickness of the grind).
Apart from all this, we must underline the enormous advantage of having a timer in this coffee machine. Through the LCD screen, we can indicate the time at which we want the coffee machine to prepare our coffee so that even if we are not at home or cannot attend to the configuration of the machine, we are sure to be able to enjoy a freshly brewed coffee at the time we want. The screen also serves to display decalcification warnings or to see the intensity of the coffee we have selected.
Philips HD7753: General features
- Its approximate dimensions are 50x39x30.
- It weighs about 7 kilograms.
- You can choose the intensity of the coffee you wish to prepare (from lighter to stronger).
- Timer to program the preparation of the coffee at the desired time.
- The control panel has a digital LCD display.
- Conical grinder with the possibility of selecting up to 9 grinding degrees.
- Automatic decalcification warning.
- Stainless steel housing.
- The platform where the jug is located is heated. This allows the coffee temperature to be kept constant even after it has been made.
- The capacity of the water tank allows to prepare an equivalent amount of coffee from 2 to 10 cups.
Advantages of the Philips HD7753 coffee machine
- It has a built-in grinder, a combination that is difficult to find in a drip coffee maker.
- The control panel includes a practical digital LCD screen, which among other things warns us when the coffee maker needs to be decalcified.
- The stainless steel construction of the housing: maximum quality and durability.
- The timer function is very easy to use and allows you to have freshly brewed coffee at the time you want.
Disadvantages of the Philips HD7753 coffee machine
- It is clear that its price is not within the reach of all pockets.
- It is a coffee machine of considerable size and weight.
Philips HD7753: videos
The video below is a good way to get a closer look at the various components of the Philips HD7753:
And in this second video, the work of a real coffee machine user, you can see it in full operation:
Why buy a Philips HD7753 coffee machine?
The Philips HD7753 is a unique drip coffee machine: built-in stainless steel, with an LCD screen, a built-in grinder, a capacity to brew up to 10 cups of coffee… its qualities meet the expectations of a premium coffee machine, and the truth is that you won’t find many similar alternatives in this price range (or any other, we dare say).
The closest would perhaps be the Russell Hobbs Grind & Brew. In short, buy 100% recommended as long as your budget allows, of course.
Related Coffee Machines: