Capacity: 1.4 litres
- Improved thermoblock instant water heating system
- Energy saving: Power safe mode, switches off 30 mins after last use
- Large capacity: 1.4 L water tank
- High quality materials with aluminium body
- Pivoting cup support for small or large cups, mugs or latte glasses; 3 years guarantee with this machine including a home collection service
The Nespresso Maestria is the best performing coffee machine in the entire Nespresso range, and in the whole capsule coffee machine market. Manufactured by both Krups and Delonghi, the Nespresso Maestria is a true marvel of technology designed to allow you to enjoy the best coffee preparations in your home, drop by drop.
Characteristics of the Nespresso Maestria coffee machine
The first thing that catches the eye of the Nespresso Maestria is undoubtedly its striking design. Much more casual than the rest of the Nespresso machines, the Maestria seems to have a life of its own, since when seen it looks like a doll. Its accessories act as arms and the two control buttons on the front panel are made to look like the two eyes of the coffee maker. The huge water tank (1.4 litres) is located at the back of the machine.
This coffee maker begins to put dirt in the way of its rivals right from the start. In essence, the materials are of the highest quality, the main body of the Maestria is built-in highly durable aluminium and the rest of the accessories are impeccably made, away from plastics or synthetic materials. The steamer (one of the main features of this coffee maker) is much improved, thoroughly professional and has been specifically designed to offer the best possible milk foam. You can see it on the right of the machine in the photos. On the other side is a second cup tray.
Want to know more amazing features? Then take note:
- Exclusive cup preheating system.
- It is made entirely of aluminium.
- Professional milk frother included.
- 19 bar pressure.
- The dimensions of the Nespresso Maestria are approximately 36.5 x 47 x 36.5 cm and 6.3 kilos. A bit bulky, indeed.
- Thermoblock system: your hot drink ready in 25-30 seconds.
- Electronic temperature regulation.
- Adjustable height cup tray.
- 1.4-litre water tank, one of the largest on the market.
- Automatic decalcification alarm.
- Used capsule container with capacity for 15 capsules.
- Programmable menu.
Videos of the Nespresso Maestria coffee machine
The guys at Aromacup bring us this fantastic video where you can see everything related to the Nespresso Maestria coffee machine in action. It’s enormously educational, and everything they try to explain is very well understood.
Advantages of the Nespresso Maestria coffee machine
- All the features of this coffee maker are top of the range, so there is no point in highlighting its advantages. If anything, we can mention exclusive features that are not present in other coffee machines, such as the programmable menus, the cup preheater, or the professional milk frother.
- There is no other Nespresso machine that can do this for you.
- Its design is excellent, it’s a few years old, but it’s still unique and surprising.
Disadvantages of the Nespresso maestria coffee machine
- Hardly any. We are not able to think of any negative aspects of this coffee maker for home use. The only obstacle, of course, is the price: about 300 pounds. But the machine is worth it.
- We can argue that perhaps because of the price it has, it could be asked for a more substantial capacity water tank, although it is true that this detail is solved in the Nespresso Gran Maestria.
Alternatives to the Nespresso Maestria coffee machine
- It is the best capsule coffee machine on the market, so it is difficult for us to offer alternatives. If you want to evaluate other high-end coffee makers for about half the price of a Nespresso Maestria, check out the Nespresso Lattissima, or the Dolce Gusto Circolo automatic.
- But wait there’s more. Didn’t you think this was enough? Well, as incredible as it seems to you, it can still be improved. Nespresso also markets the Nespresso Gran Maestria coffee maker to the general public: it’s no longer a capsule coffee maker. It’s an extension of the Maestria with a built-in Aeroccino (made of stainless steel, so it doesn’t clash). Its price, however, is more than 500 pounds.