Capacity: 0.9 liters
- De’Longhi patented “automatic cappuccino system”: System, to obtain real cappuccino and latte macchiato automatically into the cup or glass.
- 6 tactile beverage buttons to choose your favorite drink: Espresso, Long, Milkylatte, Cappuccino, Latte macchiato and Hot milk in a simple and intuitive way
- Reduced heating up time, ready in approximately 25 seconds
- All drinks may be personalized and memorized, by varying the quantity of milk and of coffee.
- Sliding drip tray, to allow use of both coffee cups and glasses for latte macchiato.
When you have decided to buy a Nespresso coffee machine, the Nespresso Lattissima coffee maker is not usually among the first choices in your deck.
It is, without doubt, a top-of-the-range machine, designed for the most demanding palates, and that logically makes its price go accordingly. It is not one of the most common models we find in stores either.
However, those who are willing to invest will enjoy a sensational coffee machine with features that few other coffee machines on the market can match.
Its main feature, we can already imagine: its milk tank, which allows the production of instant milk foam to accompany our coffee preparations—a unique value within the Nespresso catalogue.
Buy Nespresso Lattissima: Its Colours
Before continuing with the review, don’t miss out on the range of colours in which you can buy your Nespresso Lattissima coffee machine. Which one is your favourite?
Nespresso Lattissima: How it works
The main feature of the Nespresso Lattissima coffee maker, which also gives it its name, is the milk storage compartment. It is used for nothing more or less than enjoying our fresh milk preparations (the one we use at home, from our favourite brand) and above all a creamy layer of authentic, freshly made milk froth.
Sounds good. Well, we assure you that it tastes even better.
If you want to see a live demonstration of how the milk dispenser works, pay attention to this video that shows us how to prepare a real Macchiato:
This incredible functionality makes the Lattissima the only Nespresso coffee maker that does not need an accessory like the Nespresso Aeroccino to enjoy a thick, creamy layer of fresh milk foam in our preparations.
Nespresso Lattissima Touch
More recently, Nespresso has launched an updated version of its Lattissima, called Lattissima Touch. The coffee maker is the same as the basic Lattissima model, with the difference that the control panel and the button panel on top of the machine are entirely touch-sensitive.
This way, you have six specific buttons that activate the automatic preparation of 6 different drinks: espresso ristretto (extra short), standard espresso, long coffee, hot milk, cappuccino and latte macchiato. It couldn’t be simpler!
Moreover, when you buy the Nespresso Lattissima Touch, you will see that all the drinks come by default, but you can customise, modify and memorise them. You have no excuse for enjoying any coffee precisely to your taste. Just like the basic model, the Lattissima Touch can be purchased in 3 colours: black, red and silver.
Nespresso Lattissima Premium
If the sensational Nespresso Lattissima doesn’t taste like much to you, you can go a step further and opt for it no longer in your home coffee machines. The Nespresso Lattisima Premium, and improved extension and revision of the Lattissima that features, among other innovations, a cup warmer, a slightly larger water tank (1.2-litre capacity) or a fully digital control panel as you can see on the photo:
Nespresso Lattissima Pro
The Nespresso Lattissima Pro coffee machine is the professional version of this Nespresso model. It belongs to the Nespresso Pro line of coffee makers, along with models such as the Zenius or Gemini. The professional Nespresso coffee makers differ from the home ones in that they do not use the standard capsules but the Nespresso Pro capsules (soft pods). One system is not compatible with the other, so be careful with your choice.
The professional Nespresso line is designed for offices, workplaces, caterers and public buildings that absorb a large number of users and consumers every day (several dozen services a day).
In the case of this Lattissima Pro model, its capacity and dimensions are practically the same as those of the home Lattissima coffee machines.
- Types of coffee options: Espresso, Lungo, one touch Cappuccino and Latte Macchiato
- One touch fresh milk solution
- Digital Display
- Auto power off after 9 minutes
- 19 bar pressure for quality coffee
Nespresso Lattissima One
The Lattissima One coffee machine is the latest version of this Nespresso machine. It is the “compact” version of the Lattissima: a piece with the same essential features as the other Lattissima, but with a much smaller size.
This Nespresso Lattissima One has a touch screen, three pre-set coffee sizes, an intelligent sensor that detects the amount of milk in the tank in short, qualities very similar to the other Lattissima models.
The capacity of the milk tank had to be reduced (only 125 ml fit into the milk tank of the previous versions of Lattissima). The container for the used single-dose containers is also somewhat smaller: it can hold about eight units. The good news is that at least the tank still has a capacity of 1 litre.
In addition to more compact and accessible dimensions, the other great innovation of the Nespresso Lattissima One is the milk sensor. It is a function that automatically detects whether there is milk in the tank and will emulsify it and serve it in the cup without the user having to intervene at all.
The coffee maker will then automatically prepare the coffee and serve it on top of the milk. To sum up: with a single touch of the button – at the beginning of the process – you can enjoy a coffee with milk or any mixed drink in a matter of seconds.
- Simple single serve system: The Lattissima one is a simple and easy to operate single-serve system. Simply fill the milk jug with the desired amount of milk, then use the machine to froth directly...
- Powerful coffee maker: Nespresso Lattissima One Espresso maker has a 19 bar high-pressure pump that allows for a barista-style result, unlocking the delicate flavor of each coffee capsule. Automatic...
- Features: The Lattissima one has a 33.8 ounce water tank, a great size so refilling is not as frequent as other single-serve machines. This machine also has a fast heat-up time of only 25 seconds for...
- Versatile automatic coffee maker: Brew different single-serve coffee cup sizes at the touch of a button depending on your coffee needs - Espresso (1.35 ounce), lungo (5 ounce), and froth the perfect...
- Complimentary gift: Each espresso machine includes a Nespresso original capsule welcome kit with a range of capsules with unique aroma profiles. Folding drip tray
Lattissima One: Reviews
Our conclusion about the new Lattissima One White (which is the identifying colour of this model) is clear: is it worth buying it compared to previous models? Without a doubt, yes.
It is much more comfortable and less “cumbersome” than the others, and the necessary reduction of the milk tank is not a significant drawback in practice. With the current 125 ml, we can emulsify surplus milk for 2 or 3 preparations.
Lattissima One vs Touch
If you are hesitating between the two most recent versions of this popular model, we would advise the Lattissima One. The main new feature of the Touch was the touch screen and the automatic drink selection buttons, something that the basic original version of this coffee maker didn’t have.
The Nespresso Lattisima One also comes with a touch screen (although with fewer automatic options than the Touch) and adds the advantage of size. Moreover, its price is lower than that of the Touch. Unless you’re going to take advantage of all the automatic processing options (not just some) that the Touch has you’ll probably find the One only as useful, and cheaper.
Nespresso Lattissima – Main features
- No need to mention it because it is the star feature of all Nespresso coffee machines: 19 bars of pressure to enjoy the creamiest and most authentic Espressos on the market.
- Available in 3 colours: red, black and silver.
- The water tank has a capacity of 0.9 litres. It’s not small, but it could be better.
- It turns off after 8 minutes of use (this time can also be set).
- 350 ml milk tank.
- Includes pre-programmed recipes with the perfect drink sizes. However, you can also program your sizes to ensure that the coffees always come out to your liking.
- Both the drip tray and the water tank are removable.
- Operation is simple, and the machine automatically dispenses milk when you are preparing a drink that requires it.
- The capsule is automatically ejected after the drink has been prepared.
- The Nespresso Lattissima is a rather large machine. Its approximate dimensions are 167 x 253 x 319 mm, and it weighs more than 4 kilos.
Advantages of the Nespresso Lattissima
- Of course, the milk frother: you won’t find it in any other Nespresso model or any other brand on the market, except Senseo’s Cappuccino. You will enjoy truly unique and exclusive coffees.
- Although it is a high-end and very advanced machine, the Nespresso Lattissima coffee maker is straightforward to use.
- Cleaning is also automatic: press the steam button for 10 seconds, and you have your coffee machine in perfect condition for use again. It is a detail that we users, in the long run (primarily if we use our coffee machine several times a day) appreciate.
Disadvantages of Nespresso Lattissima
- The price. The Nespresso Lattissima belongs to a superior range of coffee machines, and that includes in its final price around 300 pounds according to the official website. Still, check out the shopping links on this page as you can find great deals on Amazon for even less than 200 pounds.
- The design. We mainly don’t like it, although there is nothing written about taste. We think it’s a far cry from the elegant and attractive look that characterizes Nespresso machines. It is a magnificent coffee machine; let’s not forget. Still, there are users who are also interested in external appearance when deciding on their purchases, and therefore we think we should mention this aspect as well.
- The capacity of the water tank (0.9 litres) is not wrong, it can be considered enough, but in a coffee machine of this price and quality we could perhaps demand a slightly larger tank.
- Some users complain that the milk does not come out too hot. It is a matter of taste, and most of them certainly don’t care much about it, but we advise you to try it out for yourself anyway so that you can make an informed judgement.
Why buy a Nespresso Lattissima?
To sum up: if you don’t mind paying a lot and enjoying your coffee and the different drinks derived from it every day. No doubt buying a Nespresso Lattissima coffee maker online will make you very happy and provide you with great moments.
Due to the small price difference, we strongly recommend you buy the Lattissima Touch model, which is also of more recent manufacture.
However, if you’re looking for a more simple machine, and don’t have an overly demanding coffee palate, you’ll probably find it more convenient to try other brands or even other Nespresso models such as the Pixie or the U.