Capacity: 1.4 litres
- Nespresso Aeroccino 3Dimensions: H330 x W208 x D330
It is a model of Nespresso coffee machine that not many users know yet, but that will undoubtedly surprise more than one. It is the KitchenAid Nespresso, a fully-fledged Nespresso capsule coffee maker guaranteed by Nestlé’s firm, but built and marketed by KitchenAid.
KitchenAid is a well-known firm that makes high-end kitchenware and kitchen articles, and of course, they also work with coffee makers (proof of this is the famous KitchenAid Artisan espresso machine).
The result is a Nespresso capsule coffee maker that retains the hallmarks and good work of KitchenAid espresso machines. In essence, top quality materials, very robust casing, meticulous design and few edges, in other words, all the virtues of an excellent manual espresso machine, but adapted to the Nespresso capsule system.
The KitchenAid Nespresso coffee maker has 19 bars of pressure, 1.4 litres of capacity, and its body is 100% metal. We’ll talk about its functions later, but in general it’s a much higher quality machine than traditional Nespresso machines. And also, much more expensive, of course.
KitchenAid Nespresso: Reviews
There is no doubt that the greatest attraction of the KitchenAid Nespresso can enjoy single-dose Nespresso with all the quality and advanced features of one of the best espresso machines. For example, here are some cases:
Using the volume selector, we can choose from 6 predefined levels to select the size of our cup (i.e. the amount of water used in each extraction). The smallest is 25 ml, and the largest is 130 ml.
There is an eye-catching lever or crank, which is operated downwards to puncture the capsule with the injector. Then, choose the cup size you prefer and press the release button.
It also includes a welcome pack with 16 Nespresso capsules as a gift. The drip tray and water tank can be removed from the centrepiece, and there is also a practical cup-warming tray on top of the machine.
Moreover, one of the most exciting possibilities of this Nespresso KitchenAid is that it is available in 5 different colours: red, black, cream, grey and white. Here we attach the different options you can find at Amazon, along with their updated prices -which, as it usually happens in these cases, vary quite a bit from one colour to another-.
KitchenAid Nespresso: General features
- 19 bar pressure pump.
- Excellent metal body, available in 5 colours.
- 1.4-litre water tank with water filler sight glass.
- Volume selection with 6 programmed levels: 25, 40, 60, 90, 110 and 130 millilitres.
- The platform where the cups are placed under the spout can be folded down to leave more space (for tall cups or glasses, for example).
- Warm-up and preparation time: 30 seconds.
- Power consumption: 1160 watts.
- Dimensions: 21 x 33 x 33 cms.
- Weight of the coffee maker: 9 kg.
- Includes gift box of 16 Nespresso capsules.
Advantages of the Nespresso KitchenAid coffee machine
- The housing is substantial, and the overall appearance of the machine is impeccable and very robust.
- We can choose the colour we like best.
- The front filling display lets us know how much water is left in the tank without having to turn the machine.
- The selection of up to 6 sizes or intensities for each extraction, much more precise than the 2 or 3 (long and short coffee and stop counting) that conventional Nespresso coffee machines have.
- The space provided for pre-heating the cups is a very rare quality to find in a capsule coffee maker.
Disadvantages of the KitchenAid Nespresso coffee maker
- It is a rather heavy coffee maker, partly due to its size, but mostly due to the all-metal body.
- It’s much more expensive than a standard Nespresso coffee machine.
KitchenAid Nespresso: Videos
We know that a good video is sometimes more useful than the best of the written reviews. That’s why we bring you not one, but two videos of the KitchenAid Nespresso coffee maker.
The first is a full demonstration of use:
And the second is an advertising sales presentation, courtesy of the manufacturer:
Why buy a KitchenAid Nespresso coffee maker?
It is a question that we ask ourselves in every review of the coffee machine that we produce on our website, but in this particular model, it still makes more sense, if possible. Why would we buy a Nespresso coffee machine as expensive as this KitchenAid Nespresso from another manufacturer, if it is worth much more and the capsules it uses are the same?
The answer is simple: if you appreciate Nespresso coffee and drink it every day, then you can enjoy a lot of advantages that you don’t have with conventional Nespresso machines.
It’s like mixing compatibility with Nespresso single-serve machines with the typical functions of an espresso machine: cup warming tray, more significant than usual water tank, very resistant all-metal body, exclusive design, a more extensive range of sizes to select from at each extraction.
If you don’t care about all of these and you need a coffee maker to make your morning coffee, with no more worries well, then, yes: buy a Nespresso coffee maker of your life, and with the money you save you have enough for hundreds and hundreds of coffee capsules.