Capacity: 0.7 liters
- Easy insertion and ejection of capsules; For use with Nespresso coffee capsules only
- Compact brewing unit technology; Fast preheating time: 25 seconds; 19 Bar high pressure pump
- 2 Programmable buttons for Espresso and lungo preparation
- Removable 24 ounce water tank; Folding cup tray accommodates tall recipe glasses; Used capsule container holds 9-11 used capsules
- Energy efficient; A Class energy rating; Automatic power off after 9 minutes of inactivity
If you want to buy a Nespresso Inissia, you should know first that you are in front of the most popular and successful Nespresso coffee machine. The years have gone by, other models have passed, there is more and more competition, but this machine is still a best seller because it represents the most affordable range of Nespresso: a small, cheap and straightforward coffee machine. In other words, what most consumers are looking for.
Together with the latest Nespresso Essenza Mini, the Inissia is the model that focuses on a more extensive (and perhaps less demanding) segment of the Nespresso catalogue.
The Inissia model is manufactured by Krups, and comes in young, striking colours designed to fit into any environment, not only the kitchen but also a living room or TV room, for example. Above all, it is a compact and simple coffee maker, and one of the brand’s primary weapons to face the always bloody fight of Nespresso vs Dolce Gusto for the control of the general public (the segment of medium-low profile users).
Its design and appearance are very similar to another trendy Nespresso coffee maker: the Pixie. Small size, similar shapes and an ergonomic handle on the front. The handle is useful if we want to use our Nespresso Inissia in several rooms so that we could talk about a portable coffee maker.
However, the manufacturing differences are apparent, especially in the composition of the materials. The Pixie incorporates more metallic elements, and the Inissia has a plastic material, although very resistant and hard.
Can this be a saving measure? Perhaps but what is clear is that Nespresso has chosen in this product to abandon its pretended elitist air and try to get a little closer to the general public.
The truth is that the price of the Nespresso Inissia coffee maker is like most models with a price below 90-100 Pounds, and this makes it more competitive concerning its rivals of other brands and concerning other options within Nespresso itself.
Buy Nespresso Inissia: Colour range
Don’t miss out on the range of colours in which you can buy your Nespresso Inissia coffee machine. By far the most popular is white, but there are more and more, and this coffee maker stands out for its variety of colours and its bright tones (fire red, yellow) Which is your favourite?
Nespresso Inissia vs Pixie: Comparison
It is a very recurrent comparison that more and more users are asking us about. Which coffee maker is better? The Inissia or the Pixie? If you’re deciding between the two, we’re going to help you:
To begin with, the popularity of these two Nespresso machines is that they are among the cheapest of the brand. The Inissia is more recent, but the Pixie has recently been revamped with the Pixie Clips format, which allows you to exchange the side panels in different colours. In any case, the variety of colours to choose from is wide in both.
In terms of functionality, you won’t find any visible differences between Pixie vs Inissia. Both machines have 19 bars of pressure, allow to prepare long or short espressos, and have 0.7 litres of capacity in the tank. Honestly, we can’t find any other reason to decide between both than the economic one, or the dimensions that can better adapt to your kitchen in one case or the other. But even in size, they are two very similar coffee machines.
So Nespresso Pixie or Inissia? In general, you will find the Inissia slightly cheaper, but if you find an exciting offer from the other model don’t think about it.
Nespresso Inissia and the Compatible capsules
“My Nespresso coffee maker doesn’t pierce the capsules! Help!”
Well, yes, my friends, don’t shout at me, because this is more common than you think. And we are sorry to inform you of the following:
One of the first features we should mention of the Nespresso Inissia coffee maker is that it is NOT compatible with the unofficial Nespresso capsules marketed by some brands. This coffee maker incorporates a much more sophisticated system that directly breaks non-Nespresso capsules.
When you insert a compatible (non-official) Nespresso capsule in your Inissia, you will see that it fits perfectly into the hole. But don’t be fooled the size is the same, but the difference lies in the composition of the capsule cover.
The new Inissia will not pierce your compatible capsule correctly, but will instead act as a sort of crusher on the packaging, and the result you will see in your cup will be more like a water feature in any case a brew that has nothing to do with coffee.
So, you know: if you buy a Nespresso Inissia coffee machine, you know that you will have to feed it with official Nespresso brand capsules. In any case, and as we are aware that this market of compatible capsules is evolving and innovating at a fast pace, we leave you some links to read more about it: compatible Nespresso capsules and Gourmesso capsules.
The official capsules, as you know, can be purchased in our Nespresso capsules online store.
As for the manufacturer, the Nespresso Inissia coffee maker is made by both Krups and Delonghi. As usual in these cases, the differences between the models manufactured by both brands are insignificant and in no way affect any of the machine’s functionality. They are merely aesthetic.
This video is handy for finding out the basic instructions for using your Nespresso Inissia:
However, if you have any doubts about its operation, you can consult the Nespresso Inissia instruction manual in PDF format.
How to decalcify your Nespresso Inissia
Are you worried about the cleaning and maintenance of your machine? Then check out our article on how to decalcify Nespresso coffee machines. And don’t miss the following video, which is in English but shows you how to decalcify your Nespresso Inissia coffee machine in the blink of an eye:
Nespresso Inissia: Main features
As usual in our reviews, here we list the most exciting features of the Inissia, so you know in advance what you are buying:
- The Flow Stop system, exclusive to Nespresso, allows you to indicate precisely the density of your coffee (more loaded or less loaded) in each cup. The coffee maker has a memory and remembers your choice for the next time.
- The water tank has a capacity of 0.7 litres. A bit thin, certainly. It’s not one of the biggest in the industry.
- The Nespresso Inissia coffee maker switches off automatically after 9 minutes of use. The 9 minutes is the default timer value, but you can also set it to a maximum of 30 minutes if you wish—a beneficial option to avoid forgetting.
- Like all Nespresso coffee machines, our Inissia has a space where you can deposit your used capsules. It can hold up to eleven capsules in total. You won’t have to worry about throwing away the capsule every time you make a coffee, as happens with other brands.
- You can schedule your coffee up to 30 minutes in advance.
Both the drip tray and the water tank are removable. If you are careful about cleaning (and we advise you to be), this comes in handy.
- Another quality common to all Nespresso coffee machines: the Thermoblock heating system. What is it used for? Well, to have your coffee machine ready in just 25 seconds after turning it on.
- The Nespresso Inissia is a very compact machine: approximately 31.5 x 11.8 x 23 cm. Its weight is about 2.4 kilos. You can find a place for it in any corner of your kitchen.
- Remember also that you can combine your Inissia with the Nespresso Aeroccino, one of the best Nespresso accessories you can find, and the best seller of all (coffee makers apart, of course).
Nespresso Inissia: Alternatives and options
If you still have any doubts, I’m sure you’d like to know what the best alternatives are, both for Nespresso and for other brands, before buying the Nespresso Inissia, right? Well, here they are:
- Within Nespresso, the most similar options in terms of functionality are the Pixie and the U. As they are older, you may find good deals on each of them. The Lattisima, for example, is a coffee maker with superior features and therefore also at a higher price.
- If you want to look at other brands, the Tassimo Vivy came out at the same time as the Inissia and is a similar range. The same thing happens, although it is somewhat earlier, with the Dolce Gusto Mini Me. Compact design, reduced dimensions, and orientation towards the domestic and family user. In Senseo, the alternative equivalent to the Inissia is undoubtedly the Senseo Twist coffee machine.
And by the way, if you’re going to buy a Nespresso Inissia you might also want to look at Gourmesso, the best quality Nespresso compatible capsules on the market… 30% cheaper than the conventional ones.
✓ Advantages of the Nespresso Inissia
- Its price, less than 100 pounds, makes it an excellent alternative to the models of other brands (such as Dolce Gusto) which are traditionally cheaper. Look at our list of the ten most affordable Nespresso coffee machines to find incredible offers.
- Its size makes it a convenient machine and suitable for any space.
- Being able to program when you want the machine to make your coffee is a joy.
X Disadvantages of the Nespresso Inissia
- There is no doubt that the compatible anti-capsule system can turn back many potential buyers.
- More demanding users may be wary of replacing the plastic materials instead of the metal ones, which are common in other Nespresso coffee machines.
- The water tank could be a little larger. 0.7 litres are not much as the market is currently.
- Some users complain that the Inissia makes too much noise during preparation.
And if you still have any doubts, be sure to check out our Nespresso coffee machine videos page, where you’ll find lots of tricks, tips and in-depth instructions on your machine.
How to restart your Nespresso Inissia
Why do you need to reset the Nespresso Inissia coffee machine to its factory settings? Well, usually because you’ve gone too far by customising the sizes of the coffees (or the long or short ones), and you want to undo the mess by resetting the machine.
It is something that more and more people are looking for: “resetting Nespresso Krups“, “resetting Nespresso Delonghi“, and similar…
Well, we’re going to focus on the Inissia model, which is why it’s the subject of this review. If you need to reset your Nespresso Inissia, just follow the simple instructions in this video:
In short, to reset your Nespresso, follow these steps:
- Turn on the coffee machine.
- Press and hold the long coffee button.
- Turn the machine back on without releasing the button.
Now that you know how to reset the Nespresso Inissia, all you must do is be a little more careful when setting up your Nespresso Krups.
How to clean the Nespresso Inissia
You must be clear (and if you don’t have it by now, we’ll explain it to you) that it’s one thing to decalcify and quite another to clean your Nespresso Inissia coffee machine.
To clean your Inissia thoroughly (an operation we recommend you carry out every 1-2 years), you will need to remove the side panels – the coloured ones – and the screws to be able to access the inside of the coffee maker. You must clean the interior pipes, dust residues, etc.
Here is a practical video that explains everything better and with images:
How to use the Nespresso Inissia for the first time
You just got an Inissia coffee maker, and you don’t even know what a capsule is? You don’t understand the operation of the buttons or the configuration of some aspect of your new machine. Well, don’t worry, because here we’re going to give you the necessary instructions so that you know how to use the Nespresso Inissia coffee maker. Let’s take it step by step:
- First: make sure that the coffee machine is plugged in.
- Fill the water tank with water.
- Turn on your Inissia and wait a few seconds for the green light to come on. It is time the coffee maker needs to heat the water and prepare the coffee. It won’t take more than 30 seconds.
- Choose the capsule you are going to consume and put it in the compartment of the coffee maker enabled for this purpose. Push in and lower the handle for the injector to “puncture” the capsule. You will hear a slight click when this happens.
- Place a glass or cup on the non-drip tray, just below the spout.
When the coffee maker is hot, and the capsule is in, it’s time to press the operation button. The Nespresso Inissia has two buttons: one with a small cup drawn on it, and the other with a large cup (short coffee and long coffee, respectively). The coffee maker will serve more or less water, depending on your choice.
- Wait a few seconds, and your coffee will be ready to enjoy.
- Remember to turn off the coffee maker before leaving the kitchen—both for consumption and safety.
Nespresso Inissia with Aeroccino
The Aeroccino is an exclusive milk frother. It is much more powerful – also more expensive – than conventional milk frothers, and over the years has become one of the most popular and best-selling Nespresso accessories on the Internet.
As with most of the brand’s coffee machines, it is possible to purchase an Inissia together with the Aeroccino frother. In this way you save a lot of money compared to what you would pay if you decided to buy the Aeroccino separately:
- Compact machine taking up minimum space on your work counter
- User friendly capsule insertion with removable container for emptying
- Fast heating using Thermoblock, 25 seconds
- Automatic quantity control for the coffee of your choice from espresso to cappuccino
- Innovative Nespresso capsules containing the ideal amount of freshly roasted and ground coffee with 16 different blends to suit all tastes
Nespresso Inissia: Offers and links of interest
The Inissia is already a cheap coffee machine in itself; one of the most competitive Nespresso coffee machines, but even so users are continually looking for offers and discounts on it. A machine that is already cheap, if we also add a discount, can become a super desirable purchase.
In case you are interested, here are some of the most useful links and information about this topic:
- Second hand Nespresso Inissia coffee makers
- Differences between all Nespresso coffee machines
- Inissia’s Instruction Manual
You might also be interested…
If you are thinking of buying an Inissia coffee maker, you may also be interested in some of these accessories. Let’s start with a great Nespresso capsule holder that attaches directly to the side of your coffee machine. And what about these stainless-steel refillable capsules?
On the other hand, all Nespresso users would do well to have a look at the catalogue of compatible capsules, so that they can pass through.
- The drawer holds up to 60 Nespresso pods-New upgrade The last grid in each row is designed to accommodate two capsules. This way we can easily take the last one without being stuck.
- Stylish design for Nespresso machines, high quality and durable metal materials.Slide smoothly,accessing your favorite coffee capsule easy,get the favorite flavor
- Can be Adapted to multiple coffee makers. Help to saving your space keeps your kitchen living room clean and neat.
- Whole metal design and durable quality.Waterproof and easy to clean,A perfect gift to someone live in new house as a housewarming gift.
- Does NOT contain any Capsules in Package.Product Dimension: 41*26*6.5 cm
Why buy a Nespresso Inissia?
Well, as we said in the introductory paragraph of this analysis: the Krups Inissia is a perfect entry model or introduction to the Nespresso range. It is cheaper and more affordable than other Nespresso machines, and many users are more interested in this detail than in the possible advanced features they can find in other models.
After all, the coffee in Nespresso capsules (the great asset of the Nestlé brand) tastes the same no matter which coffee maker you make it in. By the way and returning to the Inissia, it’s excellent with its variety of colours and the handle it has so you can move it or carry it around comfortably.
To sum up: we believe that the Nespresso Inissia coffee maker is one of the most exciting options in the Nespresso range for the general public.
Both because of its price and because it is the latest model from Nespresso. If you want more advanced features, you’ll have to look at other models from the firm such as the Lattisima and of course, scratch your pocket more.
If you found this article useful or would like to send us an idea or information that we have not reflected in this analysis, please leave us a comment below, or share it on social networks. Thank you!