Brand: Mini Moka
Capacity: 1.25 litres
Mini Moka coffee machines are a very popular brand in some countries. Today we bring you one of the bestselling models, the Mini Moka CM-1637. It is a very interesting espresso machine for the general public because, as it happens with other Mini Moka of the same range, like the Mini Moka CM-1695 or the CM-1622, its price is one of the most attractive of the market.
This Mini Moka CM-1637 is around £90, a quantity well below what is normal for espresso machines with these characteristics and slightly higher than the CM-1695 that offers very similar functions, but that does not stand out so much for its design. The difference, in any case, is minimal, just £10-15.
The design of this model CM-1637 has a clear retro inspiration in red and silver colours, going a little bit out of the usual line we see in the rest of Mini Moka coffee makers.
The Mini Moka CM-1637 is very similar to the Beem Espresso Perfect Crema (maybe they belong to the same manufacturer, we don’t know) that comes from Germany. As you know, years ago, the Mini Moka company closed down and was bought by the Taurus household appliance group, so Mini Moka’s activity in the coffee sector has continued even with some momentum after these problems.
Finally, we would like to remind you that if you have any problems or doubts about use, you can always download the Mini Moka CM-1637 instruction manual from here.
If you are considering buying a Mini Moka CM-1637, pay attention because below, we will start listing the details and technical specifications.
Mini Moka CM-1637: Main features
The main characteristics of the Mini Moka CM-1637 are the following:
- Sizes: the approximate dimensions of the Mini Moka CM-1637 are 27x20x29 cm.
- Its weight is less than 4 kilograms.
- This coffee maker comes with two built-in filter ladles: one for ground coffee and another one for single-dose bags. In all cases, the filters incorporate the Extracream system, which allows us to enjoy a creamy layer of coffee crowning our drinks. The two filters are made of stainless steel, but the filter holders are made of aluminium.
- The heating system used by the Mini Moka CM-1637 is the well-known Thermoblock, common in pod coffee machines, and faster than traditional heaters. In less than 3 minutes you are enjoying your coffee.
- It has a 15 bar pressure pump.
- The drip tray can be easily removed and cleaned.
- The water tank is large enough: 1.25 litres capacity. It is located at the back of the coffee maker. It is also transparent, which allows us to see the water level at all times. Of course it can also be removed (outwards, not upwards), either to refill it or to clean it without difficulty.
- It includes a steamer to make fresh milk foam to perfection.
- Cup warming tray on top of the housing.
Advantages of the Mini Moka CM-1637
- The design in our opinion is a point in favour. It’s nice, with a vintage brand, and not too big.
- The water tank is large, above the litre capacity that is normal in many coffee machines, although having to take it out and not up always bothersome.
- The Thermoblock system for heating allows a much faster process, although the more puristic may prefer traditional boilers.
Disadvantages of the Mini Moka CM-1637
- We don’t know whether to comment on this as a disadvantage or an advantage, or simply as a curiosity, but the enormous resemblance to the German Beem Espresso Perfect Crema, which is much more expensive, is striking.
- The exterior materials are plastic, although this is largely to blame for the lower final cost of the coffee machine.
Why buy the Mini Moka CM-1637?
The Mini Moka CM-1637 is a coffee machine that follows the traditional lines of all Mini Moka espresso machines: basic features (but without giving up any), very low prices, and functionality above all. This particular model also has an attractive retro design in red. This quality is what makes it a little more expensive (not much) than the CM-1695 model, which has almost identical features.
If you want to spend a little money on a good domestic espresso machine, either one is a good option, although the question of design must be assessed by you personally according to your tastes.