Brand: Mini Moka
Capacity: 1.25 litres
- Pressure: 15 bar
- Water tank capacity: 1.25 L
- Steam pipe
- Cup warmer
- Suitable pod
The Mini Moka coffee machine CM-1622 is one of the most popular and best-selling models in the entire Mini Moka range, and in this review we’re going to tell you in as much detail as possible why.
The Mini Moka CM-1622 is a coffee machine that on the outside does not have the appearance or design of others with more name. Its lines are straight, traditional and without showing off. The finishes and materials may not be as high quality as those of Saeco or Oster, but the difference in price compared to other brands is enormous.
In our opinion, it is worth it, because in the end what counts is the internal performance of the coffee machine and the possibilities it offers when it comes to making coffee.
The controls of the Mini Moka CM-1622 are very simple and are all on the front of the machine. By the way, you should know that it is only sold in the colour you see in the picture, a kind of beige/brown very helpful (although very sober, too).
However, and leaving aside the details of aesthetic appearance, the Mini Moka CM-1622 offers us some more than interesting possibilities when preparing our coffee with all the guarantees to enjoy it to the fullest. We explain them below:
Features of the Mini Moka CM-1622
- The main body of the coffee maker is made of high-quality plastic.
- Quite large water tank: 1.25-litre capacity. It is removable and allows you to see how much water is left at any given time.
- Built-in milk frother, to prepare exquisite cappuccinos like a professional.
- The boiler is made of aluminium. The coffee maker takes about 3 minutes to heat up and be ready to serve your coffee.
- The pump sends out 15 bars of pressure.
- The ExtraCream filter, made of stainless steel and integrated into the saucepan, allows you to make a delicious, thick and abundant cream, whatever ground coffee you use.
- The machine includes 2 coffee pods.
- The Mini Moka CM-1622 includes a special valve for automatic priming.
- It can be used with both ground coffee and ESE standard single-dose capsules.
- It includes a practical cup warming tray.
- Approximate weight: 3.2 kg.
- Approximate dimensions: 27 x 18.5 x 29 cms.
Advantages of the Mini Moka CM-1622
- The water tank is very large (1.25 litres) and the water level is visible at all times.
- It includes a milk foamer.
- We think the ExtraCream filter is a marvel. With it we can obtain a spectacular cream in all the coffees that we prepare.
- The tray heats cups, a quality that we only find in very high range machines.
Disadvantages of the Mini Moka CM-1622
- The waiting time until the coffee maker heats up is somewhat high… it is not suitable for users in a hurry.
- The finishes and materials, without being of poor quality, do not give the impression of robustness and solidity that other coffee machines have.
Videos of the Mini Moka Coffee Machine CM-1622
Before you buy your Mini Moka CM-1622, you will be interested to see this video explaining how to use the Mini Moka coffee machine with standard single-dose pods. What do you think?
Why buy a Mini Moka CM1622?
The Mini Moka CM-1622 is a great alternative to the most famous manual espresso machines, such as the Oster Prima Latte or the Saeco Poemia Focus. The features are practically the same, in some cases we even find extra functions in this coffee machine, but its price is considerably lower than the previous ones.
This is, in our opinion, the virtue that ends up tipping the balance towards the Mini Moka CM-1622: practically the same performance as other coffee machines, at a much lower price.