Name: Aroma Signature
Capacity: 1.25 litres
Melitta Aroma Signature is the flagship of the German company Melitta’s drip coffee machines. Melitta has an extensive range of filter coffee machines, more modest in size, and also specializes in the manufacture of its own paper filters and conventional coffee machines. Tradition and guarantee are therefore assured.
But let’s talk about the Melitta Aroma Signature without further ado. This is a top-of-the-range drip-coffee machine, with high-quality finishing and manufacture, and also high capacities: large doses, large water tanks, temperature stability control… it’s really difficult to miss anything.
As you can see in the photos, the coffee maker consists of four modules or main parts. On the right is the container where you put the filter and pour the ground coffee, with a glass jug underneath to store the coffee already brewed. On the left are the water tank and the coffee group with the heating systems and other technology.
The latter module incorporates the coffee machine’s operating switches and buttons: three on the front and a rather innovative one on the left side, which activates the ecological operating mode of our Melitta Aroma Signature.
Perhaps the most striking thing about this Melitta Aroma Signature is the amount of detail and small, very interesting functions that we don’t find in any other conventional drip coffee machine.
For example, we can talk about this model’s extraordinary concern for the environment and energy saving, with options as useful as the eco-switch located on the side of the coffee maker (which does not use the power of the mains, i.e. zero consumption), the automatic switch-off function, or being able to automatically adjust the frequency with which the coffee machine should be decalcified, according to the hardness or softness of the water in the area where you live.
Apart from this, we must also highlight the practical sound alarm – it warns us when our coffee is ready – the safety lock or the switch to preserve the aromas of the coffee even when we make very small quantities. This last button is the one above the three.
Melitta Aroma Signature is also synonymous with quality, and its price is not in vain. The components are durable and solid, such as the glass carafe or the stainless steel housing. When all the parts have been assembled, the whole thing feels very sturdy, and the six small, non-slip legs at the base of the machine also contribute to this.
Melitta Aroma Signature: Main characteristics
- The initial preparation temperature is maintained between 92 and 96 ° C, which is considered ideal for developing all the aromas and nuances of coffee.
- As a maximum capacity, this coffee machine can prepare enough for 10 cups of coffee.
- It has two separate boilers: one to keep the coffee hot and the other to heat the water before processing.
- The housing covering the main body of the coffee maker is made of stainless steel.
- The water tank is transparent and has a level to check how much water is left in it. Its capacity is 1.25 litres.
- Transparent glass jug for depositing freshly brewed coffee.
- The coffee machine is used in conjunction with Melitta coffee filters of size 1×4.
- The heating plate can be adjusted to suit your taste, ensuring that the original taste of the coffee is preserved.
- Automatic decalcification process. You can program the frequency of decalcification of the coffee machine according to the water hardness in your area.
- Safety lock to prevent the coffee machine from being started or operated unintentionally (ideal if we have children swarming around the kitchen).
- When the coffee has been prepared, the coffee machine emits a slight beep that warns us. The same happens when the decalcification cycle is finished.
- Energy-saving function: the coffee machine switches off automatically after several minutes of non-use (you can programme the coffee maker to keep warm for 30 minutes, 60 minutes or 90 minutes).
- Eco-Switch: does not use the mains power supply at all (0 watts).
- The main components of the coffee machine, such as the glass carafe, the lid or the filter holder, are dishwasher safe.
- Its approximate dimensions are 37x20x37, and it weighs about 5 kilograms.
Melitta Aroma Signature: Colour range
It is not common in the filter or drip coffee machine market, but this Melitta Aroma Signature is available in two colours. Both follow a sober line and differ only in the colour of the main body of the coffee machine (which is just below the water tank).
Advantages of Melitta Aroma Signature
- We find it a great advantage that the Melitta Aroma Signature automatically carries out the cleaning and decalcification cycle. It helps to maintain it.
- Another detail that we do not find in similar coffee machines is the sound signal that warns us when the coffee has been prepared.
- The whole set gives off a great feeling of solidity and quality in the materials and finishes.
Disadvantages of the Melitta Aroma Signature
- There are some essential features, such as the ability to brew a maximum of 10 cups, which can also be found in much cheaper drip coffee machines.
- It seems that the space could have been better used to accommodate a larger water tank, and therefore be able to prepare more coffee at once.
- The coffee maker is large, although its very square design makes it quite compact to the eye and allows it to fit well into any corner.
Melitta Aroma Signature: Videos
And as a matter of course, we’re sharing with you the best video we’ve found on this Melitta Aroma Signature coffee machine:
Why buy a Melitta Aroma Signature?
Melitta Aroma Signature is a coffee machine that is at the top of the brand’s range and also in the top segment of drip coffee machines in general. It has features that are not usually found in this type of coffee maker, and although its price is also significantly higher than average, the performance makes up for it.
Recommended only for those looking for the best of the best. Demanding coffee users who need to prepare large quantities of coffee per day… here they have found a very good option to satisfy their demand.