Capacity: 4 litres
The prestigious Italian company Lavazza, as everyone knows, has its own line of business of vending machines, special coffee machines for high consumption. Its name: Lavazza Blue. They even have their own dedicated website: espressoblue.com.
Lavazza Blue corporate coffee machines have very special qualities and are suitable for use in workplaces, in small catering businesses (buffets, caterers) or are not very large user communities. The opposite of the Lavazza A Modo Mio coffee makers, which are more focused on home consumption with few services per day.
Although the Lavazza Blue line consists of several models, we will focus our analysis on the Lavazza Blue (LB) 2300 coffee machine.
The Lavazza Blue 2300 is a large coffee machine with a 4-litre water tank capacity and a power of 1600 watts. It has an LCD screen that can be configured in several languages and a number of settings that make it more similar to an automatic espresso machine than a traditional pod maker. The difference, of course, is that you cannot use ground coffee in Lavazza Blue coffee machines.
The Lavazza Blue pods
As we have already mentioned, Lavazza has two clearly distinct lines of business: on the one hand, there is Lavazza A Modo Mio, its range aimed at-home consumption and which has both coffee machines and pods. And on the other hand, there is the Lavazza Blue range, which also has its own coffee machines as Lavazza Blue coffee pods.
The Lavazza A Modo Mio pods are different from the Lavazza Blue pods. This should be made clear. For more information on Lavazza Blue coffee pods, please visit our online shop for Lavazza pods.
And if you want to find out more about the Lavazza Blue coffee machines, read on; we’ll go through them all below:
All Lavazza Blue coffee machines
We have already noted that the Lavazza Blue range of coffee machines (LB machines) includes several models with different features. In this section, we will look at what they are and review the aspects that make them different.
Lavazza Blue 910 Compact
The first and most basic of these is the LB 910 Compact. As its name suggests, it stands out for its compact design. It is smaller than other Lavazza Blue coffee machines, and both its performance and price are adjusted accordingly.
The Lavazza Blue LB 910 Compact has a capacity of just over one and a half litres and develops a power output of 1200 watts. It weighs 4.6 kg and its dimensions are 20 x 28 x 32 cm.
Lavazza Blue 1000
One step further up is the Lavazza Blue LB 1100, which is already up to 1.8 litres and incorporates several qualities that are missing from the compact model. It is also a much larger coffee maker: dimensions 27 x 36 x 29 cms. And almost 9 kilos in weight.
Lavazza Blue 2500
And finally, we have the Lavazza Blue 2500, which is an improved and extended version of the previous Lavazza Blue 2300. The Lavazza Blue 2500 has a 3-litre capacity and is specifically designed for automatic preparations with milk and infusions. How does it do this? With a separate, specific tank for water and milk, with a capacity of 0.4 litres.
Lavazza Blue 2300
And now we come to the top model in the Lavazza Blue range of catering machines: the Lavazza Blue LB 2300. It has a huge 4-litre capacity tank and can hold up to 3 selections of coffee size for each cup (short, medium and long). It is even larger than the LB 1100: 32 x 39 x 47 cm and weighs more than 10 kg.
Lavazza Blue: Its main features
These are the technical specifications and the most important qualities of the Lavazza Blue 2300 model:
- Vending machine with ABS plastic body.
- It works only with Lavazza Blue pods.
- Water tank with a capacity of 4 litres, with a sensor to control the remaining water level.
- Includes a container for used pods, which can hold up to approximately 20 capsules. It has an electronic control to see when it is full.
- There is a heating platform on top of the coffee maker, which is used to preheat the glasses, plates and cups before serving the coffee.
- Electronic control of the water temperature.
- Quick access to the dispenser through a lockable door.
- Professional steamer, so that milk foam can be produced immediately.
- Automatic rinse activated by a button on the front panel of the coffee machine.
- 128×64 pixel LCD display configurable in several languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian and German.
- Pre-brewing function (configurable).
- Removable aluminium drip tray.
- Height of anti-drip tray can be adjusted.
- Customizable dosage (coffee intensity), temperature and water hardness. The water hardness can be set so that the machine calculates how often to start decalcifying cycles.
- Cleaning and rinsing services for the internal pipes of the coffee maker.
- Power: 1600 watts.
- Dimensions: 32 x 39 x 47 cms.
- Weight: about 10.5 kg.
Advantages of the Lavazza Blue 2300 coffee machines
- Enormous capacity: up to 4 litres of water that gives for a lot.
- The LCD display, which can be read in several languages, makes it very easy to monitor and operate a coffee machine with so many options like this.
- Many options for customising the coffee (temperature, size, intensity), more common for an automatic espresso machine than for a capsule machine.
Disadvantages of the Lavazza Blue 2300 coffee machines
- Even if we want to, it is not a coffee maker suitable for home use: it has enormous dimensions and a high consumption cost.
- It is restricted to the use of pods (even if they are of good quality, as is the case with Lavazza’s).
- The entire body is made of ABS plastic, with hardly any chrome or metal details.
Lavazza Blue: Coffee machine and videos
Luckily, there are plenty of videos on the Internet reviewing almost all the models in this Lavazza Blue coffee machine series. We have first selected this one about the compact model, the Lavazza Blue 910 Compact:
And here is a super-complete demonstration and educational video about the Lavazza Blue 2300 series:
Why buy a Lavazza Blue coffee machine?
If you are looking for a coffee maker for your office or for a large number of daily services, you need to find two basic qualities above all: a larger than usual tank size (so you don’t have to keep refilling it) and enough customisation options to adapt the coffees to the tastes of many consumers. Lavazza Blue meets these requirements, especially in terms of variety, thanks to the use of Lavazza coffee pods.
This is the top-of-the-range model in the entire Lavazza Blue range (with the exception of 2500, which is a similar coffee machine with some slight extra features). In reality, all Lavazza Blue coffee machines have similar qualities and differ only slightly in size and capacity. Not so much in the characteristics that influence the extraction of the espresso.
A good alternative to a Lavazza Blue coffee maker can be any of these other professional coffee machines that can be used in some home environments. The difference with the one featured in our review today is precise that most of them work with ground coffee (they are standard espresso machines) while this Lavazza Blue works with Lavazza Blue pods.
This has its advantages and disadvantages, but normally for a coffee maker that is going to be used many times at the end of the day, it is much more practical and cleaner to use pods. Moreover, Lavazza coffee pods are a guarantee of quality in espresso extraction.