Brand: Dolce Gusto
Capacity: 1 litre
A few years have passed since Dolce Gusto extended its range of domestic coffee machines with the launch of the Dolce Gusto Drop and Dolce Gusto Stelia coffee machines. Despite the passage of time, these models have not gone out of fashion, and of course, the Stelia coffee maker will remain a trend for many years to come.
As it usually happens in Nescafé’s firm, this new Dolce Gusto Stelia coffee maker stands out in particular for its absolutely original and breaking design. Like its sister Drop, this machine is designed to make an impact on users from the very first moment.
How does it do this? Well, it’s obvious: the designers of Dolce Gusto have opted for transparent elements and a clean and light appearance. So much so that almost the entire water tank (1-litre capacity) is visible at the back of the Stelia. And the hot and cold water pipes (red and blue) can also be seen for the first time from the outside, as shown in the following picture:
Buy Dolce Gusto Stelia: Latest Offers
The updated prices and offers for this coffee machine, as of today, are as follows:
Stelia: Dolce Gusto’s most groundbreaking design
As you can see, the head of the Dolce Gusto Stelia is connected to the base (where the boiler and water pump are located) by a transparent tube. It allows you to see the two conduits through which the water flows from the bowels of the coffee maker to the compartment where the capsule is located, and the coffee must be extracted.
The futuristic air of this Dolce Gusto Stelia is completed by the range of colours which was limited to black, white and silver-grey. For the moment, the classic deep red colour present in most Dolce Gusto coffee machines has been ruled out.
The large on/off switch has the same informative colour codes as the rest of the Dolce Gusto range and is located on the left side of the platform that acts as the base of the coffee machine.
The revolutionary HMI touch panel deserves a special mention. It is the main novelty -designed separately- that Stelia proposes compared to other well-known coffee machines. As it is a Dolce Gusto automatic coffee machine, we only have to operate the Play&Select system with our finger sliding it to the desired water level. You already know that the Play&Select is a system with seven levels -represented by green lights- that indicate the amount of water to be used in the preparation of the coffee.
Another exciting new feature of the Dolce Gusto Stelia compared to the rest of the company’s automatics are the compartment for storing used capsules (convenient, so you don’t have to throw the capsule away every time you make a coffee). And the Flow Stop locking system acts as a safety mechanism: the coffee maker will not serve water if the capsule compartment is not correctly inserted in its place.
Below we will briefly list the technical specifications and essential functions of this Stelia:
Dolce Gusto Stelia: main features
- The pressure pump works at 15 bar.
- Thermoblock heating system.
- Initially available (release date) in three colours: black, white and silver grey.
- The water tank is removable and has a capacity of 1 litre. It is somewhat more significant than the Drop.
- Removable drip tray. It allows us to clean it in the dishwasher, and also to remove it to place a tall glass or a larger cup directly on the tray.
- Energy-saving mode: the coffee maker switches to low consumption mode automatically after 5 minutes of inactivity.
- Flow Stop safety lock: if the capsule compartment is not inserted inside the coffee maker, the machine does not pour water.
- It has a practical container for collecting used capsules, just like the Dolce Gusto Drop.
- Includes the standard 2-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Also includes a starter pack with six capsules as a gift.
- Weighs about 2.5 kilograms.
- Its approximate dimensions are 30 x 32 x 17 centimetres (width x height x depth).
- Its power in use is 1500 watts.
Advantages of the Dolce Gusto Stelia
- The capacity of the water tank (1 litre) is slightly increased compared to other recent Dolce Gusto models, such as the Drop, the Oblo or the Jovia.
- The design is spectacular, and the detail of the transparent tube to be able to see the water pipes of the coffee maker is original.
- The HMI panel makes the operation of the coffee maker entirely tactile: smooth and fast.
Disadvantages of the Dolce Gusto Stelia
- Is this Dolce Gusto Stelia worth the price – for its novelty and design – compared to other Dolce Gusto automatic coffee makers?
- Leaving aside the design and groundbreaking image, the novelties introduced by this Dolce Gusto Stelia compared to the Drop (let’s remember that both coffee makers are launched on the market at the same time) are almost non-existent.
Dolce Gusto Stelia: some videos
As is customary in the house, in coffeemaker.top, we like to compliment our analysis with images and audiovisual material so that you have all the data in your hand before deciding to buy.
To begin with here is one of the first official commercials that have been broadcast about the Dolce Gusto Stelia:
And secondly, a review:
Why buy a Dolce Gusto Stelia?
The main virtue of this Dolce Gusto Stelia, in addition to its innovative HMI touch panel – a novelty in the Dolce Gusto range – is undoubtedly the exclusivity and distinction of its design. The image of this coffee maker is a robust and groundbreaking bet.
We recommend it if you like avant-garde and innovative designs or if you need a Dolce Gusto automatic coffee maker with a slightly larger capacity than the Drop.
As an alternative, it is evident that the design of this Stelia cannot be compared to any other capsule coffee maker. However, we do understand that this may be an excellent time to take advantage and buy a Dolce Gusto automatic coffee maker, perhaps not so new or recent, but more affordable. We can think of the Genio, the Circolo or the Melody.