Brand: Dolce Gusto
Capacity: 1 litre
The Dolce Gusto Movenza was the star coffee maker of Dolce Gusto for the 2016 Christmas campaign, as the previous years were the Dolce Gusto Drop and the Stelia. It was launched with the Dolce Gusto Eclipse and it has the same functional characteristics. However, it also incorporates an exciting novelty in its design which gives it a unique personality.
The Dolce Gusto Movenza coffee maker has 15 bar of pressure, 1500 watts of power and a capacity in the tank of 1 litre. Its control panel is 100% tactile, and it is marketed in quite serious tones such as black and silver grey. This time we did not find the typical bright red, so common in other Dolce Gusto coffee machines.
So what is it that makes this Movenza coffee maker unique? Well, nothing more or less than its innovative design. Read on if you want to know why.
Dolce Gusto Movenza: A unique design from Dolce Gusto
However, this element holds a singular surprise when we see that it is a folding head that, as you can see in the photos. It can be hidden in the body of the coffee maker itself, leaving the piece converted into a kind of egg, excellent, with very little height and no element insight.
It is a very original feature, which has never been seen before in the capsule coffee maker segment, and which is especially useful when storing or collecting our Dolce Gusto Movenza in a small space.
However, this exciting quality has a counterpart: the water tank (which is not small, 1-litre capacity) is completely integrated into the lower part of the Dolce Gusto Movenza. It is not vertical, as in other Dolce Gusto models, and this makes the coffee maker a bit “fat-ass“. It means that if we are going to leave it fixed in one location in our kitchen, we’d better have plenty of space.
Also, as with the Dolce Gusto Eclipse, this head has an automatic opening function. This means that, when it’s closed, we only have to touch it so that it opens as if by magic (or technology, in this case).
Besides, this is a coffee machine that behaves mostly like any other Dolce Gusto automatic coffee machine: when the head is lifted, the compartment for inserting the capsule is visible. Once the capsule is in place, select the level of water you wish to use and press the hot (red) or cold (blue) button.
Dolce Gusto Movenza: General Characteristics
- Dolce Gusto capsule coffee maker with 15 bar pressure
Full touch control panel with LED display.
- With a folding head and an automatic touch opening, the coffee maker looks completely different when it is open and when it is closed.
- Automatic operation with the Play&Select system patented by Dolce Gusto.
- Water tank with a capacity of 1 litre.
- Energy-saving function: the coffee maker switches itself off after 5 minutes of inactivity.
- Drip tray that can be adjusted to 3 different heights.
- Two-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Dimensions: 39 x 19 x 18 cms.
- Weight: 3.6 kg.
- Power: 1500 watts.
Advantages of the Dolce Gusto Movenza
- The exciting novelty of the folding head, which “hides” the coffee maker and leaves it looking very coquettish – and slightly less bulky than in its original form.
- The plastic used in the housing is of quite good quality, it is noticeable to the touch, and it does not leave any fingerprints as it happens in the materials of other coffee machines of the firm.
- The control panel is 100% touch-sensitive.
- The convenience of the head lifting itself by touching it.
Disadvantages of the Dolce Gusto Movenza
- Its price, excessive about the cost that other Dolce Gusto models currently have -less advanced, but mostly with identical operation-.
- The water tank is somewhat inaccessible, we have to turn the coffee maker to be able to take it out well, and it does not come out quickly either (you have to squeeze it a little bit). Moreover, it is not transparent, and we have no way of knowing what its level is.
Dolce Gusto Movenza: Videos
A great launch like the Dolce Gusto Movenza must be accompanied by a great promotional video, like this one offered itself:
Why buy a Dolce Gusto Movenza?
This Dolce Gusto Movenza is really innovative and very, very attractive. The novelty of the neck that is lifted and hidden in the body of the coffee maker works perfectly, and in a way makes you forget that it is a rather bulky piece and difficult to place in small kitchens.
However, we find the same problem as its launch partner Eclipse: the price seems excessive, given the reduction that other Dolce Gusto models will experience every year. Even several of the firm’s handheld coffee makers can now be bought for 3 or 4 times less, so for the less demanding consumer profile, we feel a bit out of the market.
More arguments will be needed for this type of user to decide to buy the Dolce Gusto Movenza coffee maker, however, it is perfect for a gift.