- Name: Mini Me
- Brand: Dolce Gusto
- Type: Capsules
- Operation: Automatic
- Capacity: 0.6 liters
- Compact automatic pod coffee machine - Mini Me machine is only 16 x 30.5 x 24 cm (WxHxD) with 0.8 Litre water tank
- Quality - Delivers professional quality coffees with a thick velvety crema, thanks to its maximum 15 bar pump pressure
- Variety - Over 50 hot and cold beverage varieties including NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto or STARBUCKS drinks
- Easy to Use - Automatically stops the water flow for easy coffee preparation in less than 1 minute
- Easy to Clean - As all the coffee grounds stay in the pods there is no mess, no fuss
I want to buy a Dolce Gusto coffee maker, but I can’t decide on one. There are several models; I don’t know well the differences between them, the prices vary according to the store where I buy it. What a mess, right? Are you familiar with these situations? We are, we’ve all been there.
To help you out a bit more when buying your capsule coffee maker, today we’re going to look at one of the latest Dolce Gusto models: the brand-new Mini Me. It’s a compact and functional automatic coffee maker.
The Dolce Gusto Mini Me is still the most popular and best-selling Dolce Gusto coffee maker. It’s relatively old (it was launched at Christmas 2013), and although its popularity has spread a bit lately due to the Dolce Gusto launches for 2014 (Oblo and Jovia) and other new models up today, in 2021. The Mini Me is still on everyone’s lips, and there’s no one to move it from the top of the Internet sales charts.
Do you want to know why? What are its main advantages over the other coffee machines in the range? If you’re going to be on the cutting edge, read on.
Buy Dolce Gusto Mini Me: Colours
The Dolce Gusto Mini Me coffee maker is made by both Krups and Delonghi, as usual, and there are no differences between the two manufacturers. The range of colours chosen by Dolce Gusto to market it is made up of white, black, grey, red and lilac. All of them with different combinations.
The appearance of any of the models is very youthful and casual, which undoubtedly speaks volumes about the approach that Dolce Gusto wants to give to its Mini Me. We will have to be on the lookout because later we are sure that the house will start to offer more colours, as it has done with other models in the range.
We also must remind you that some Mini Me models are among the cheapest Dolce Gusto coffee makers. You can check out our section on sale Dolce Gusto coffee machines to see for yourself.
For example, this model in red, which is one of the most eye-catching colours, can be bought for a much higher price than other colours.
Mini Me Coffee Maker: Main Features
The main characteristic of the Dolce Gusto Mini Me coffee maker is that it is a compact machine. It takes up very little space, and it won’t be difficult for us to find a place for it in our kitchen.
Its price is very competitive. Initially, it was around 100 Pounds (99 Pounds was the official launch price), which put it on a par with previous Dolce Gusto models such as the Piccolo (which is not automatic). Besides, Dolce Gusto came away with an incredible introductory offer that allowed you to get the Mini Me for just £59.90.
Moreover, as you can see from the various purchase links we offer, it is possible on Amazon to find copies even below that price – in two days you have them at home! As usual, over time the market has forced Dolce Gusto to lower its costs, and currently the Mini Me is usually around 50 Pounds.
The Dolce Gusto Mini Me is an automatic coffee machine. You can see by looking at a little lever on the top of the coffee maker, which serves to indicate whether we want to prepare our drink with cold or hot water. It has the same function as the traditional red and blue buttons on other Dolce Gusto models. If you want to know more about the differences between a manual and an automatic Dolce Gusto coffee maker, check out this additional article: Dolce Gusto automatic or manual?
You can also check this interesting video where they tell you the differences between a Mini Me and a Piccolo.
When unpacking our Mini Me coffee maker, we are struck by the presence of a kind of transparent capsule. It is white, which the manufacturer recommends using in water cycles without single doses (for example, when cleaning it before using it for the first time, or when doing a decalcification process). It looks like this:
And if we leave it inserted inside the capsule holder it looks like this:
Well, you just must trust the recommendations of the brand and use it as it should be (apart from being careful not to lose it). In addition to this, the Mini Me includes all the basic features of the rest of the machines of its brand, among which we highlight the following:
- Fifteen bars of pressure and a Thermoblock system of rapid heating. These two qualities can be found in all Dolce Gusto machines.
- Water tank of 0.8 litres, which lasts us approximately about five services.
- Automatic preparation: The Play&Select system allows you to choose the intensity of your coffee and forget about it until the drink is finished. The coffee maker knows when it must complete getting the right point you have indicated.
- Energy-saving: the machine turns itself off after five minutes of non-use.
- Automatic button to select whether you want the drink cold or hot.
- Anti-drip tray adjustable to various heights, so you can use different sized cups and glasses.
- Its approximate dimensions are: 160 x 240 x 305 mm.
Advantages of the Dolce Gusto Mini Me
- Price: The 99 Pounds of its official price (not to mention if you manage to catch some launch offer) placed it at the time as the most economical option within the range of Dolce Gusto automatic coffee machines. Today, it’s still the cheapest at just 50 or 60 Pounds.
- Size: Its name already indicates it: Mini Me. It is a machine designed not to take up space in the kitchen. If you can see it face to face with other Dolce Gusto coffee makers in a shop, you will see the Mini Me is by far the smallest Dolce Gusto coffee maker.
- Automatic: It’s always a good thing that you don’t have to keep an eye on the coffee preparation. Simply insert your favourite capsule, choose the intensity of the coffee, and press the start button.
Disadvantages of the Dolce Gusto Mini Me
- The 0.8-litre water tank is not exactly the largest in the range, although it is wider than the 0.6 litres that the Piccolo or the Genio incorporate. You’ll need to be refilling it every four or five drinks or so. Of course, thanks to this, we can have such a compact coffee maker.
- The design is not as attractive as the Circolo or the Melody, but you must pay for that too.
Dolce Gusto Mini Me: Videos
One of the objectives of our website is to show you in-depth the operation of each coffee machine in videos. With the Dolce Gusto Mini Me we are not going to make any exceptions, and as an example here are some of the best videos we have found on the net:
Unpacking and full explanation:
And instructions on how to use the Dolce Gusto Mini Me for the first time:
Why Buy a Mini Me Coffee Machine?
After reading our analysis, your question will surely be: why buy a Dolce Gusto Mini Me? Well, in short, we will tell you the Mini Me is a great option to enjoy Dolce Gusto capsules at an affordable price. It’s an automatic coffee machine, with Play&Select system, that takes up very little space in the kitchen.
If you want some extra comfort or functionality, then you’ll have to look at other models and scratch your pocket a little more, but for home use, we consider the Mini Me more than enough, especially if we believe that at Amazon you can buy some models (not all) for a little more than 50 Pounds.
We recommend it if you want an economical and automatic capsule coffee maker, without any complications and for the whole family.
Related coffee machines: