Brand: Dolce Gusto
Type: Coffee pods
Capacity: 1.8 litres
- Stylish and modern automatic capsule coffee machine specially designed for offices, 1.8 litre intelligent water tank with water level detector.
- Over 30 coffee creations and other delicious hot and cold beverages prepared at the touch of a finger.
- Majesto is 36 cm (H) x 36 cm (W) x 34 cm (D) with an intelligent 1.8 litre water tank and built-in automatic water level detector.
- A convenient eco-mode feature automatically switches off your NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Majesto coffee machine.
- Create professional quality coffees with a thick velvety crema, thanks to the machine’s high-pressure system (up to 15 bars).
Today we’re delighted to be analysing a Dolce Gusto model that has gone rather unnoticed in some countries because it’s not a general-purpose machine. We are talking about the Dolce Gusto Majesto, the first Dolce Gusto machine specially designed for use in offices, breakfast buffets and hotels.
The market had been calling for a Dolce Gusto office coffee machine for some time, and the result has certainly lived up to expectations. It is a machine with features not found in any other Dolce Gusto model.
We’ll go through them all later, but just for starters: a 1.8 litre capacity tank, touch screen operation, wifi connectivity… and of course a rather considerable size that makes it a machine that’s not really suitable for home use.
The Dolce Gusto Majesto is a coffee machine that was initially launched in the United Kingdom, but is now being marketed in several other countries. Let’s take the opportunity to get to know it a little better.
Dolce Gusto Majesto: Detailed review
The first thing we need to be clear about is that this is a professional coffee machine, designed for intensive use in the workplace or in catering businesses, and is therefore designed to withstand dozens of daily drinks. This requires particular characteristics, which can logically be counterproductive if we intend to use it at home (the main one being its size and consumption).
If we abstract from its hospitality-oriented use, we can’t help but feel a little “envious”, if we want to call it that, when we see how Dolce Gusto has introduced a series of functions and possibilities in this Majesto that we have been demanding for years in the coffee pod machine market.
These include, for example, the use of a truly informative and high-quality TFT display (like those found in super-automatic coffee machines), a Wi-Fi connection that is finally of real practical use, and a really large water tank.
The display is not only used to operate the Dolce Gusto Majesto (choose drinks, navigate through menus, etc.), but also keeps us informed at all times about what is going on in the machine.
Unlike other Wi-Fi coffee machines, the connectivity in this Dolce Gusto Majesto is primarily designed to keep the machine up to date: as new coffee pod varieties appear on the market, the machine can store them and recognise them in order to brew them with the recommended water parameters. In this way, it will never become obsolete.
In most machines on the market – regardless of their type – the wifi connection serves little more than to be able to switch on or operate the coffee machine remotely – a very cool function, but not very practical in reality.
The Dolce Gusto Majesto coffee machine boasts the same basic functions and features as the manufacturer’s other domestic machines: 15 bar pressure, hot or cold brewing, Thermoblock heating system… nothing new in this respect.
Dolce Gusto Majesto: Its basic features
- 15 bar pressure pump.
- 1.8 litre water tank with visible fill level indicator.
- Works with traditional Dolce Gusto single-dose pods.
- Can be used to prepare hot or cold drinks.
- Automatic shut-off after 30 minutes of inactivity to save energy.
- It has an internal container where used capsules can be deposited.
- Height adjustable cup tray.
- Illumination of the cup while the coffee or drink is being served.
- Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Semi-automatic maintenance and cleaning (the Majesto alerts you and tells you which steps to take at any given moment).
- Its dimensions are 36 x 36 x 34 cms.
- Weight: around 4.8 kilograms.
- Maximum power: 1460 watts.
Dolce Gusto Majesto Control Panel
Advantages of the Dolce Gusto Majesto
- The tank size: 1.8 litres is a very unusual capacity for coffee pod machines.
- The impressive catalogue of pre-programmed automatic beverages: up to 40 preparations with a single touch of the screen.
- The full-colour touch screen.
- Wi-Fi connectivity means that any new drinks that the brand adds to its catalogue can also be updated on the machine.
- Despite being a “pro” range machine, aimed at businesses, it works with the same Dolce Gusto coffee pods as home coffee machines. There is no special professional single-dose format, as is the case with other brands.
Disadvantages of the Dolce Gusto Majesto
- Its dimensions are quite large, so if you want to treat yourself to it at home, you don’t just have to prepare the money: you have to find a suitable location for it.
- Of course, its price is much higher than that of a normal Dolce Gusto machine for domestic use.
How does the Dolce Gusto Majesto work?
“On the inside”, the Dolce Gusto Majesto works in a similar way to any other Dolce Gusto coffee machine. However, when it comes to operating it, the process is somewhat different.
Instead of the traditional Plug&Play system in which we select the amount of water and forget about it, with the Majesto we simply insert the capsule and select the type of beverage (e.g. “Grande Intenso”). With this selection alone, the coffee machine knows what amount of water to use for that particular capsule.
Of course, you can always modify or customise this selection if you wish, by adding or removing water levels using the Plug&Play touch bar that appears on the screen.
Why buy the Dolce Gusto Majesto? Final thoughts
It is a pity that this machine has not been distributed worldwide, because we are sure that it would have been very popular everywhere, especially in offices and companies – not in vain, many of them already use this brand of coffee machines for their employees.
The Dolce Gusto Majesto has everything we would have liked – and would like – to enjoy in a home machine from this same manufacturer. But with the disadvantages of its exceptional size.
The Dolce Gusto Majesto coffee machine is available on Amazon, but unfortunately it is now out of stock is some countries.
Another important note to bear in mind: in other markets, the price of this Dolce Gusto Majesto was around 250 pounds at launch, so think carefully because for that amount you can already get access to some automatic espresso machines.