Name: Compact One
Capacity: 1.1 litres
Today we introduce you in our reviews the Cremesso Compact One capsule coffee maker, a new component of the Swiss range of Cremesso coffee makers. Which maintains the master lines of its brand (designer coffee makers, with medium-high level performance) and which differs notably from other more basic models such as the Cremesso Uno or the Cremesso Una Automatic. We will talk about their differences later on, but now we are going to focus on presenting the Cremesso Compact One as it deserves.
The Cremesso Compact One is a 19 bar pressure coffee machine, which works with Cremesso capsules and uses the Thermoblock system to heat the water quite quickly. The removable water tank is located at the rear of the machine and has a capacity of 1.1 litres.
More interesting features? Well, for example, the automatic ejection of used capsules (after brewing the coffee they go into a container large enough for you to empty it every few days). And the possibility not only of choosing between three different coffee sizes (short, medium and long) but also of PROGRAMMING to your liking the exact length – that is, the amount of water – corresponding to each of the three buttons.
As if this were not enough, our Cremesso Compact One coffee maker, as with any other Cremesso model, has a design that has won awards in various international competitions. Proof of this is the “Red Dot Design Award” or the “IF Product Award Gold“. In other words, when you buy your Cremesso Compact One, don’t think that you are going to take home just any coffee maker, eh?
Cremesso Compact One: Range of Colours
As is usual with capsule coffee machines (and increasingly with other types of coffee machines), the Cremesso coffee machines are available in various attractive colours. The Compact One is no exception, so take a look at these shopping links and choose the one you like best:
- Buy Cremesso Compact One (black)
- Buy Cremesso Compact One (white)
- Buy Cremesso Compact One (Green)
- Buy Cremesso Compact One (Shiny Silver)
Differences between the Cremesso Compact One and the Cremesso Uno
- This Compact One Cremesso coffee maker differs from the more basic model (Cremesso Uno) in five specific details:
- It is bigger: it is 14 cms wide while the One is only ten cms wide.
- Larger capacity tank: 1.1 litres by 0.65 litres of the Uno.
- The drip tray can be adjusted to three different heights. The Uno does not allow this.
- It has three programmable buttons for three different coffee sizes.
- It has an automatic shut-off function.
Is it worth the price difference? In our opinion, it is, although let’s not forgotten that the Cremesso coffee capsules used by both coffee makers are precisely the same and therefore, the result of the coffee as well.
Cremesso Compact One: Technical Characteristics
- Capsule coffee maker with 19 bar pressure pump
- The Thermoblock system is used to heat the water. The estimated start-up time, according to the manufacturer, is 15 seconds.
- Available in various colours.
- Once you start the extraction, it is not necessary to stop it. The coffee maker knows when to finish brewing, depending on the cup size you have chosen. In any case, you can always stop the extraction early by hand.
- Automatic switch-off function. The coffee machine switches itself off after use.
- Up to 3 sizes or volumes can be programmed for our coffee: espresso, double or black. By default, the espresso (ristretto) is 30 ml, the double (espresso) is 50 ml, and the long is 110 ml.
- Includes container for used capsules (for 8-10 uses), which are disposed of semi-automatically.
- Transparent and removable water tank, 1.1 litres.
- Includes several anti-slip pins at the base of the piece.
- The drip tray can be adjusted to three heights: 9.5 cm, 14 cm and 16 cm.
- Approximate weight: 3.9 kilograms.
- Dimensions: 36 x 14 x 25 cms.
Advantages of the Compact One Cremesso Coffee Machine
- The 1.1-litre water tank, quite generous for a capsule coffee maker.
- The variety of colours available and the colourfulness of these.
- The coffee maker has a rather compact and very narrow design, even with a large water tank.
- All three cup sizes are programmable.
Disadvantages of the Compact One Cremesso Brewer
- Cremesso coffee capsules are still not very popular, and the easiest way to get them is to buy them online.
- The container of used capsules should be a little bigger, and more proportionate to the size of the deposit.
- It has no detail or chrome or metal finish—all plastic.
Compact One Cremesso Capsule Coffee Machine: Videos
This first video is a complete demonstration test of the Compact One Cremesso coffee machine. After watching it, you will not doubt what you will find when you receive it at home.
But if you still want more, here’s a much more in-depth review (almost 20 minutes!)
Why Buy a Compact One Cremesso Coffee Machine?
If you are interested in the Cremesso capsule system, this Cremesso Compact One is a perfect option to enjoy it with all the guarantees. It has many more features than the cheapest Cremesso coffee maker (the Cremesso One) and is still quite competitively priced.
We especially like its design, visually very attractive (we have already said that it has been awarded several times). Still, above all very practical: it is a large capsule coffee maker, yet it has very compact dimensions. Above all, it is very narrow: barely 14 cms from end to end, which makes it a perfect machine for tiny kitchens.
As recommendations, the best we can do is suggest you take a look at the most economical Cremesso models: the Cremesso Uno and the Cremesso Una Automatic, to see if they are worth the price difference. Or if you’re not so sure about the system, but want to keep running away from the big multinational coffee capsule brands, you can always go to the Fagor Stracto (by Caffitaly) or Lavazza coffee machines. Both with Italian coffee.