Name: Compact Automatic
Capacity: 1.1 litres
- Elegant design
- Individually programmable
- Descaling at the touch of a button
- 19 bar pump pressure
Continuing with the review of the Swiss firm Cremesso’s coffee machines, we arrive at the Cremesso Compact Automatic, one of the models located in the middle of this brand’s range (not the most basic, but not the best either).
The Cremesso Compact Automatic is a coffee maker that follows the same line as the rest of the Cremesso capsule coffee makers: meticulous design, medium-high level of performance, 19 bars of pressure, chrome finish, and large water tank with a capacity of 1.1 litres. The piece has a super-soft design, with a futuristic aesthetic and where practically all the edges have been eliminated. The rounded lines are thus the protagonists of the Cremesso Compact Automatic.
The controls of the Cremesso Compact Automatic are located, via a button panel, on the top panel of the machine, and not on the front as is usual with almost all coffee machines. And like its twin sister Compact One, the Compact Automatic has a non-drip tray that can be removed from the base (so you can use it or not). Why do you want to remove the non-drip plate and risk splashing your kitchen counter? Well, because you can place a large glass (up to 14 cm high) under the spout to enjoy your latte macchiato or special drink. If you put the tray, you can only use standard cups that are 9 cm high.
Overall, the Cremesso Compact Automatic is an improved version, with some slight details, of the previous Cremesso Compact One. We will talk about them in more detail in the next section of this review.
Cremesso Compact Automatic: Differences with the Compact One
The Cremesso Compact Automatic and the Compact One are two very similar models, which on the outside are barely distinguishable except for a few aesthetic details, and which functionally differ in one critical aspect: the indicator light.
It is a button located on the top panel of the coffee maker, just after the three-cup size selection buttons, which has a symbol of a drop of water drawn on it. It is a pilot light that alerts us to various messages and states of the coffee machine. We indicate them below:
- Energy-saving mode: The pilot light flashes slowly.
- Water shortage: The button lights up with a blue light to indicate that the water tank is empty. When you have refilled the tank again, press the button to continue regular brewing activity.
Cremesso Compact Automatic: General Features
- 19 bar capsule coffee maker.
- Ultra-compact design without edges, with rounded lines.
- Available in various colours.
- Plastic body and components, with chrome finish.
- Water heating time: 15 seconds.
- Pilot light that warns us when the tank runs out of water.
- Automatic capsule ejection: the used capsules go into a container specifically designed for that purpose.
- Automatic operation: all you have to do is start the coffee machine and select the size of coffee you want. The coffee maker will stop at the right moment without the user having to intervene.
- We can select (and configure to our liking) up to 3 different sizes for each cup.
- Automatic shut-off function after coffee is removed.
- Non-slip pins on the base.
- 1.1-litre water tank, transparent and removable, located at the back of the coffee machine.
- The drip tray allows us to configure up to 2 different cup heights: 9.5 cms at its highest point and 14.5 cms at its lowest point.
- It weighs almost 4 kilograms.
- Dimensions: 36 x 14 x 25 cms.
Advantages of the Compact Automatic Cremesso Coffee Machine
- The 19 bar pressure, which is the maximum in the capsule coffee machine segment
- The illuminated button that serves as a warning light to find out the status of our coffee machine.
- The chrome-plated tops on the spout and the drip tray, which always give a touch of quality to the piece.
- The possibility of selecting up to 3 cup sizes for each coffee.
Disadvantages of the Compact Automatic Cremesso Coffee Machine
- This model is too similar to the Cremesso Compact One, and as years go by, it is being surpassed by the firm’s latest models.
- The plastic is present in the whole casing and the interior elements of the coffee maker.
Cremesso Compact Automatic: Videos
It is always interesting to see demonstrations of real use (by users who already have the coffee machine in their case) instead of commercials recorded itself. This time we have a quite complete video of this type:
And here a much more complete test of the Cremesso Compact Automatic, offered by a German company specialized in coffee machine analysis:
Why buy a Cremesso Compact Automatic?
If you’re a fan of Cremesso coffee machines, and you like their capsule system or the quality of their coffee, then this Compact Automatic Cremesso is one of the firm’s most advanced coffee machines. It is an excellent option if you are determined to bet on the quality of the Cremesso coffee capsule system and take it home with you.
On the contrary, if you have just landed at this firm or prefer a more economical model, you’d better go down a step and opt for the Compact One (which is like its little sister) or directly for the Cremesso Una Automatic, the protagonist of the unique promotion entitled The Infinite Coffee Machine. As coffee makers, they are somewhat more modest, but also more economical, and in the end, the capsules will be the same no matter which model you use.