Name: Power Matic-Ccino
Capacity: 1.7 litres
There are many automatic coffee machines with milk tanks, but surely few wake up and arouse as much interest among consumers as this Cecotec Power-Matic-Ccino. Cecotec is a brand that enjoys a very good reputation, not only for the quality of its products but above all for its incredible prices. That is why the Cecotec Power Espresso (a handheld espresso machine) is one of the best selling makers in its segment… and the Cecotec Power-Matic 7000 Series, Cecotec’s super-automatic coffee machine, aspires to exactly the same status.
This Cecotec Power-Matic-Ccino is a recent machine (at the time of writing this review, you know that we are usually the first to talk about new models coming onto the market), which Cecotec has been selling since August 2018. And it does so with the same philosophy that accompanies the rest of its articles: to offer all the basic functions, and some a little less basic, at a hyper-competitive price.
The Cecotec Power Matic automatic coffee machine is currently available in four versions: the 6000, 7000, 8000 and 9000 series. All have 19 bar pressure, 1.7-litre tank and automatic cleaning programs. Logically, the superior ones have more features and are more expensive. We will discuss each of them and the features that differentiate them in depth later on.
For the time being, we will only clarify that for generic issues, we will always be referring to the basic model (7000 series).
All versions are available in two colours: white or black. The name of this last version is Cecotec Power Matic-Ccino 7000 Series Nera.
Cecotec Power Mattic Ccino 6000
This is a simplified version of the 7000 that we will discuss later, which lacks the All-Cappuccino system. In other words, we cannot prepare lattes or cappuccinos at the push of a button but must do so by foaming the milk ourselves by hand. Otherwise, it is a machine very similar to the 7000 series. Ideal for those who want to save money and do not usually consume lattes or cappuccinos.
Cecotec Power Matic-Ccino 7000
We will now focus on the basic model of this machine: the 7000 series version.
As you can see in the image below, the control panel of this coffee maker is clearly divided into two parts: an LED screen on the left, which informs us of the operating status at all times, and a button panel on the right that allows us to choose options and navigate through the machine’s menus.
What most defines a super-automatic coffee maker is its ability to prepare direct and immediate brews with just one button. The Cecotec Power-Matic-Ccino 7000 does this very well. It allows us to make espressos, americanos, cappuccinos, lattes, and also serve hot milk or water at the touch of a button.
But in addition to this selection, which could fall within the standards of the industry, there are two features of this Cecotec Power-Matic-Ccino that are rare in coffee machines in this price range.
One of them is the customization of coffee or the Custom4You system. This is a system that allows us to store in the memory of the coffee machine our favourite coffee configurations in different user profiles. This is especially useful in households where several people with different tastes live together and use the coffee machine.
The second is undoubtedly the presence of an additional milk tank, made of stainless steel, in which we can store fresh milk (preferably in the refrigerator). What is this for? For an important functional advantage: the Cecotec Power-Matic-Ccino allows us to prepare a complete cappuccino or latte macchiato at the touch of a single button, without having to move the cup or intervene at all. 100% convenience and speed.
And if you take a look at our guide to coffee machines with an auto cappuccino, you will find few models more economical than this one.
In this image, you can see the milk tank, with the Cecotec logo on the lid, connected by a sleeve to the outlet nozzle of the Cecotec Power Matic.
The coffee maker absorbs the milk from the tank, the foam and serves it directly into the cup at the right time and in the right amount to produce the speciality we have chosen.
Cecotec Power Matic-Ccino 8000 Touch (Opinions and differences)
The main difference between the Cecotec Power Matic-ccino 8000 and the 7000 series is the touch screen. Hence the name Power Matic-Ccino 8000 Touch.
The button panel and the informative LED display are combined in the Cecotec 8000 coffee machine into one control instrument, which is also full-colour.
There are also other details (more aesthetic than anything else, not functional) present in this version Cecotec Power Matic-ccino 8000, such as the chrome finishes and trims. In everything else (performance, size…), the two versions are exactly the same.
At this point, the obvious dilemma is to decide whether to compensate for the price difference (around £100 at launch) of the Cecotec 8000 automatic coffee machine compared to the 7000. This is already something you have to assess individually.
If you are looking for opinions on the Cecotec Power Matic-ccino 8000 Touch, in our view, the conclusion is clear: the price difference from one model to another compensates… but we understand that not everybody can afford such an investment in a coffee machine.
We think that the 7000 version is one of the best automatic coffee machines in terms of quality-price in the current market, while the Cecotec 8000, being a better machine, also offers a very high return in exchange for the price we pay for it.
To conclude, here are today’s Amazon tokens and rates for both machines, in case you want to analyse them more closely on your own.
Cecotec Power Mattic Ccino 9000 Cumbia
The most powerful version of this machine is the 9000 Series, also called Cumbia. This is a high-end coffee maker with many more options than the previous ones. We will now summarize for you only the exclusive features of the Power Matic-Ccino 9000 Series, which are not found in the previous machines:
- More than 20 different drinks, ready to be brewed at the touch of a button.
- Integrated recipe book with famous preparations (banana split, Irish coffee, frappés…) that go beyond simple coffee, apart from the traditional drinks in the previous section.
- You can customize the extraction pressure, the amount of cream or milk foam, the order of the ingredients… everything.
- Built-in memory: we can store up to 10 customised users with their own settings, so that everyone can make their own coffee. This is therefore an ideal coffee machine for offices.
Cecotec Power Matic-Ccino: General characteristics
- 19 bar pressure pump.
- Available in two versions (series 7000 and 8000) and in two colours: black and white.
- Transparent water tank of 1.7 litres capacity.
- Integrated milk tank of 0.4 litres capacity, made of stainless steel.
- Touch screen (on the Cecotec 8000 coffee machine) or button panel with LED display (on the 7000) to control all machine operations.
- Integrated grinder with a capacity of 250 grams, with conical stainless steel grinding wheels.
- The parameters of our favourite coffees can be set and stored in user profiles, so your coffee will always taste the same in the morning!
- It has an independent and separate entrance to use already pre-ground coffee (instead of coffee beans).
- The grind (the thickness) of the grinder can be adjusted according to 5 predefined levels.
- Removable anti-drip grill.
- Uses a Thermoblock system for water heating.
- Possibility to prepare the following drinks in a matter of seconds, by pressing a single button: espressos, cappuccinos, americanos, latte macchiato, hot milk and hot water.
- On the upper tray you can preheat the cups before making the coffees.
- The accessories include a measuring spoon and a small brush for cleaning the internal pipes. Also a spare set of rubbers.
- It is possible to serve one or two cups simultaneously.
- Automatic cleaning and rinsing program.
- You can set or indicate the hardness (pH) of the water used in the tank, so that the coffee maker automatically adjusts the cleaning cycles accordingly.
- Instruction manual in Spanish.
- Maximum power consumption: 1500 watts.
- Dimensions: 27 x 35 x 45 cms (length x height x width).
- Weight: 11 kg.
Do you want to know more, or do you have any doubts? Look for the brochure of this model in our Cecotec user manual repository. You can also solve the most frequent problems with this machine in our Cecotec coffee machine troubleshooting guide.
All Power Matic-Ccino Series: Differences
A brief and concise summary to make it clear to you. Below you will find the prices of each one.
- Series 6000: without automatic lattes and cappuccinos.
- Series 7000: includes milk tank with All-Cappuccino system, and the screen is LCD.
- Series 8000: touch screen and better finishes than the previous one.
- Series 9000: with recipes included, with more than 20 automatic drinks, and the possibility of storing up to 10 user profiles.
Advantages Of The Cecotec Power Matic coffee machine
- The quality-price ratio, above all. If you are looking for a good super automatic coffee maker and you don’t want to spend too much, this is a highly recommendable option.
- The possibility of storing different user profiles with our favourite coffee customisations.
- The integrated milk tank, which allows for the production of automatic cappuccinos without user intervention.
- The full colour touch screen (if we choose the 8000 series).
- The 19 bar pressure.
Disadvantages of the Cecotec Power Matic coffee machine
- We could order a larger variety-quantity of automatic specialties.
- Perhaps there is a big difference in price between the two versions?
- Many users are sure to bet on this model as the first super automatic coffee machine in their home. It is a good choice, but we must warn you that this type of machine is much more bulky and heavy than a traditional manual espresso. They should be placed in a large space in our kitchen.
Cecotec Power Matic-Ccino: How to use
If you are not used to dealing with super-automatic coffee machines, in this video, you can see in detail how the Cecotec Power Matic-Ccino, 700o series works (in this case, it is a black model).
It is a commercial video of the brand, short but enough to see how the Cecotec automatic coffee machine works and what possibilities it has.
Is The Cecotec Power Matic-Ccino worth buying? Final comments
Yes, the verdict before a machine of this calibre must necessarily be positive. In fact, this is something that is repeated with all Cecotec products: their greatest virtue is undoubtedly their value for money. And this is one of the automatic coffee machines with the best quality-price ratio on the market.
Is this enough for everyone? Well, no, obviously not. The most demanding consumer sector probably prefers to spend money on a machine with more options, better finishes, or greater precision in temperature management. But for 80 to 90% of households, a coffee maker like this Cecotec Power Matic-Ccino is more than enough. And at this price… well, almost unbeatable.
Beyond its price, we liked very much the touch of the Cecotec 8000 coffee machine and the feeling that its finishes, the chrome finishes, the stainless steel components… at no time do we have the impression of working with a cheap coffee machine.
However, it is advisable to read the instruction manual in detail and watch videos such as the one attached above to be aware of everything that we are going to find and not to have any surprises later.
If we have to talk about alternatives to this model, the truth is that not many come to mind. To compete for side by side with the Cecotec Power Matic-Ccino, we would have to go to automatic coffee machines with excellent value for money. In that sense, the only ones that come to mind are the Philips 3000 Series, the Delonghi ECAM 22.110, the Severin S2 or any of the German brand Viesta.