Name: 3 in 1 Ecco
Capacity: 1.25 litres
Breakfast centres are a particular element within the combi coffee machine segment, although for practical reasons, we have preferred to group them in the same category as the latter.
A breakfast centre, such as the Beem 3 in 1 Ecco that we are going to look at today, is not really a combi coffee machine in the strict sense, as it does not allow us to make several types of coffee (for example, a combi coffee machine can enable us to to make filter coffee or espresso in the same machine).
However, these appliances are still “combi” appliances as, in addition to the coffee machine, they also offer us the services of a roaster and a kettle.
Beem 3 In 1 Ecco: Review
As we said before, it is an appliance that has three functions: drip coffee machine (or filter), kettle and toaster. We will briefly describe the functional qualities of the roaster and kettle and then focus – logically – on the function of the coffee machine, which is the one that interests us most.
As you can see in the photo, the toaster is located at the back of the Beem 3 in 1 Ecco. The slices of bread are inserted into it in a vertical position so that they are toasted simultaneously on both sides. Also, the toaster has an ingenious double wire or iron rod system that allows us to heat buns or rolls without having to toast them or insert them into the toasting slot.
It also includes a stop button (to eject the toasts immediately), a defrosting function and the possibility of choosing up to 6 levels of intensity in the toast.
For its part, the kettle, located to the right of the combi, will allow us to prepare infusions instantly or heat water for any purpose in a few seconds. It has the capacity to heat up to 1.5 litres of water, a built-in anti-lime filter, and a scale or reference level drawn on the side. When it has finished boiling, it switches off automatically. We can separate it from the set and use it as a jug to serve the hot water we have just prepared.
Beem 3 in 1 Ecco: Drip Coffee Machine with Permanent Filter
Let’s now focus on the coffee machine function of our Beem 3 in 1 Ecco, which is the one that touches us most closely. As we have said, it is a traditional filter or drip coffee maker, which includes a permanent grid filter. This avoids you having to buy paper filters continually.
The filter holder is pivotable and can be removed to the outside for easy handling.
The glass carafe (not thermal) has a capacity according to the size of the coffee maker. The water tank holds 1.25 litres, and the decanter has a scale of up to 10 cups of coffee, which is more or less the equivalent of serving normal-sized coffees. This scale can be seen on the front of the coffee maker (just above the control panel of the roaster).
Like that of the whole combi, its operation is very simple: you only need to press a button to have freshly brewed coffee in the carafe and from the carafe to your cup, of course.
The Beem 3 in 1 Ecco design is compact enough to include such a number of functions in a single appliance. It is made of stainless steel (although the finishes and trims are black plastic) and comes in red and silver. Below are the links to buy both models so that you can go directly to the one you prefer:
Beem 3 in 1 Ecco: Main Features
- 3 in 1 breakfast centre, with drip coffee maker, toaster and kettle
- Available in various colours, including silver and bright red.
- The toaster has 6 roasting intensities, defrosting function and stop button.
- The kettle has a capacity of 1.5 litres. It can be separated from the main piece, and switches off automatically when it has finished boiling.
- Drip coffee maker with a capacity of 1.25 litres (approx. to make 10 cups of coffee).
- The filter holder is pivotable, we can take it out to fill it comfortably.
- Includes permanent filter.
- Includes 1.25-litre capacity glass jug.
- Heating plate to keep the temperature of the freshly brewed coffee longer.
- Total power: 3750 watts. 800 for the coffee maker, 2200 for the kettle and 750 for the roaster.
- Dimensions: 48 x 32 x 33 cm.
- Weighs about 5 kg.
Advantages of the Beem 3 in 1 Ecco
- It is a good option to save space in the kitchen, by combining several appliances in a single compact design.
- It has generous capacities, so it is ideal for large families or massive consumption: 1.25 litres in the coffee machine and 1.5 litres in the kettle.
- A great advantage is the use of stainless steel in its manufacture.
- The toaster has pleasantly surprised us with its versatility: it has various levels of intensity, and functions for heating and defrosting food.
Disadvantages of the Beem 3 in 1 Ecco
- The drip coffee maker includes a normal glass carafe (not a thermal carafe, made of steel) and there is also no option to buy it separately.
- The permanent filter solution is very practical, but there are users who prefer the result they get with traditional paper filters. And this type of filter cannot be used with this coffee machine.
Beem 3 in 1 Ecco: Videos
There is nothing better than the official commercial announcement of this Beem 3 in 1 Ecco to get to know it in more detail. The credits are in German, but the most interesting part of the video is able to see some components up close:
Why Buy a Beem 3 in 1 Ecco?
The usefulness of these breakfast centres lies precisely in saving space and the practicality of having three very common services in the day-to-day (coffee machine, toaster and kettle) in the same appliance.
This Beem 3 in 1 Ecco offers us all three functions in a really simple way, without complications, with very intuitive operation and also with features that we will not find in common household appliances separately (the toaster function, for example, seemed to us to be really complete).
We recommend it if you make frequent use of these three functions (toast, filter coffee and kettle for infusions) every day, or also if you want to give a good and surprising gift to a couple of friends. The quality of manufacture and finish of the product is more than acceptable, all guaranteed by a prestigious manufacturer such as the German firm Beem.
And if you want to go a step further, don’t forget that you can also take a look at the Beem 4 in 1 Ecco Deluxe is a combi that improves on all the details of our 3 in 1 Ecco.