Tassimo coffee machines are manufactured by the German company Bosch, which is always a guarantee of quality. Its design is sober, far from the most modern lines, for example, the Dolce Gusto coffee machines.
They are not excessively expensive, although unfortunately we cannot say the same for their coffee pods. Here you have all the information, and you can buy as many Tassimo coffee pods as you need: T-Discs Tassimo online store.
If you want to buy a Tassimo coffee maker, you’ll surely get a lot of doubts that in this article we’re going to solve. It is a delicate decision since it will condition your purchases and the taste of your coffee presumably during the next years. Better not to leave any loose ends.
All Tassimo coffee machines: Current models
There are five Tassimo Bosch coffee machines currently on sale: the Vivy 2, Suny, Happy (low range) and the Caddy and MyWay (medium range) models.
Here you can get to know them better:
Tassimo Caddy (T70)
The most recent Tassimo coffee maker is distinguished above all by the possibility of attaching coffee pod dispensing towers to it. it includes two towers of 16 capsules, although you can buy more separately and by the innovative arrangement of the water tank, which is extracted from the front of the coffee maker, pulling it towards us.
Tassimo Vivy (T12 and T14)
This coffee maker, launched in 2014, came to replace the Amia in Tassimo’s basic range. Its virtues are the same: small size, very compact design, functionality and affordable price.
Later Tassimo released an improved model, which is the one still on sale, called Tassimo Vivy 2:
- Compact design suitable for any home
- Perfect drink quality thanks to Intellibrew technology
- Over 70 drinks from 11 well known brands
- Easy to use with one touch operation and no heat up time
- Integrated transparent removable 0.7 Litre water tank
Tassimo Suny (T32)
Vivy’s twin sister, this compact coffee maker was launched a few months later, and even Tassimo’s innovative SmartStart system. The coffee maker starts when you place the cup of coffee under the spout. It is a little wider than its “first cousin” Vivy.
- Easy to use with Smart Start operation and no heat up
- Special Edition - All Black design
- Perfect drink quality thanks to Intellibrew technology
- Over 70 drinks from 11 well known brands
- Auto shut off function
Tassimo MyWay (T60)
This model came out after the Vivy (it is recent) and was a bet by Tassimo to try to offer a more innovative and higher calibre machine than the previous ones. The main feature of this MyWay model is the possibility of customizing the intensity, temperature and size of each coffee you brew. It is “your way” coffee.
- Set the intensity, size and strength as you like it
- Deliciously easy, your coffee shop favourites at the touch of a button
- Intellibrew system: Simply pop in a T DISC, made with real ground coffee, press start and each drink’s distinct barcode will give your machine all the information it needs
- Ability to make over 40 big-brand hot drinks, including : Costa, L'Or, Kenco, Twinings, Cadburys
- Touch sensor interface
- Personalisation - Set your temperature, volume and intensity just the way you like it
- Ideal drink quality thanks to Intellibrew technology
- BRITA Water Filter and 1.3 Litre Water Tank
- Over 70 drinks from 11 well known brands
- Auto shut off feature
Tassimo Happy (T10)
The most recent Tassimo coffee maker that comes to complement (or replace, we don’t know) the Vivy and Suny models in the most basic coffee maker segment. It is the cheapest, simplest and smallest machine of the whole brand.
- Great variety of more than 40 beverages Suitable for almost all cups No heating time after switching on.
- Competence in drinks from well-known brands: e.g. L'Or, Costa, Jacobs, Kenco, Gevalia, Cadbury, Milka and Twinings.
- Perfect beverage quality thanks to INTELLIBREW Thanks to its patented technology, the barcode technology every drink with the right amount of water, temperature and perfect infusion time.
- TASSIMO reads the respective bar code and prepares the perfect drink
Which is the best Tassimo coffee machine?
Right now, the MyWay without a doubt. It offers configuration and customization options that others do not have, and it also has the largest reservoir.
Interesting information about Tassimo coffee machines
Here are the must-have items you should check out before buying your Tassimo coffee maker from Amazon – you’ll appreciate the time you spend on these readings later!
Pink Tassimo coffee machines
Many people are looking for pink Tassimo coffee machines, because apart from being an eye-catching colour it is not easy to find it in other brands. There is not much of it on the market, really.
There are two models of pink Bosch Tassimo coffee machines: the Happy and the Vivy 2. The rest have never been sold in this colour. Here you have them both:
NOTE: if you are a fan of this colour, and are not convinced by the idea of buying a pink Tassimo coffee maker, you might want to take a look at our pink coffee machines guide… with all the options on the market.
Old Tassimo coffee machines no longer for sale
Tassimo Bosch is a firm with a very long history in our country, and therefore many of the pioneering models are no longer for sale. It is not even possible to find them second-hand on Amazon.
We tell you which ones they are, so that you don’t get confused, and we attach their reviews, in case you are curious: Amia, Fidelia, Joy, Charmy and Vivy 1 (this one has been replaced by Vivy 2).
Tassimo Fidelia (T40 and T42)
The Tassimo mid-range is exclusive to this Fidelia, which is now in its second generation (the first were the T40 models) and has a water tank with a capacity of 1.6 litres.
- The Tassimo TAS4011GB features an intelligent barcode system, which will identify your selected beverage and automatically adjust the temperature, time and amount of water for each and every cup for...
- Great variety with over 40 drinks from well known brands. Simple and easy to use one button operation. Adjustable cup stand - suitable for all sizes of cups and glasses, including travel mugs. Coffee...
- Power output 1300 watts. 3.3 bar pump pressure. Water capacity 2 litres. Water level gauge.
- Removable water tank. Transparent water tank. Adjustable cup stand for any size mug. Drip tray.
- Descale warning feature. Size H27.3, W20.4, D33.4cm. Manufacturer's 2 year guarantee.
Tassimo Joy (T43 and T45)
Also, within Tassimo’s mid-range is the Joy model, with a free 1.5-litre tank. The only drawback is that it is usually found at a higher price than the Fidelia and offers similar features. In 2015 it was revised and updated with the Joy Jubilee model (T45).
- Coffee options: espresso, cappuccino and latte.
- Strength selector.
- Power output 1300 watts.
- Water capacity 1.4 litres.
- Water level gauge.
Tassimo Charmy (T55)
It is Tassimo’s highest capacity coffee maker. Two litres of tank for a real XXL machine. Currently discontinued and very difficult to find on Amazon.
- Experience a variety of over 40 drinks from well known brands such as Costa, Kenco, Carte Noir, Cadbury, Oreo and a variety of Twining’s teas
- Enjoy an optimal hot beverage every time thanks to the intelibrew system that uses barcode technology to identify the drink selected
- Take advantage of the efficient supply of drinks through one button operation with Tassimo t-discs
- Brew numerous drinks without the worry of needing to refill all the time thanks to the large removable 1.4 L water tank
- Operate conveniently through virtually no pre-heat up time and auto-off function with energy efficient heater technology
Tassimo Amia (T20)
The smallest and most basic model of Tassimo, pioneer of the range and still one of the most popular despite its years. Is it secret? Its ease of use and its low price, significantly reduced over time. It’s already out of print, of course.
- Simple to operate The T20 is incredibly simple to use so you are just 4 easy steps away from the perfect hot drink. Just pick a drink, pop in the disc, push the button and enjoy your drink. It's as...
- Height adjustable Adjust the height of the cup stand to accommodate your favourite cup, or remove altogether to fit in insulated travel mugs and latte glasses.
- Manual adjustment As well as the fully automated operation, it is possible to customise your drink strength, giving you exactly what you want from your hot drink.
- Low energy consumption The T20 boasts an impressively low energy consumption as it automatically reverts to standby mode after every brew cycle, making it incredibly cheap to run.
- Virtually no heat up time Your Tassimo is ready to go in next to no time with the innovative flow heater. This technology means that there is a minimal wait for your water to heat to the necessary...
Advantages of Tassimo Coffee Makers
- The distinguishing feature of Tassimo coffee machines is above all their immense variety of coffees and drinks of all kinds. Up to twenty different types of beverages. Together with the Dolce Gusto, they far exceed their competitors Nespresso and Senseo in this respect. Unlike Dolce Gusto, which only uses Nestlé products, Tassimo allows you to use all kinds of top brands, such as Milka, Twinings, Saimaza, Suchard, Carte Noire and Starbucks. It is a unanimous opinion that Tassimo drinks are all high quality and taste.
- When buying a Tassimo coffee maker online, its ease of use is also remarkable, perhaps more so than any other brand. You only must place the cup, insert the capsule and press a button. Moreover, it heats up very quickly, and its capsules do not drip when you finish.
- Another advantage of the Tassimo coffee machines is their cleanliness: their design and configuration make them very easy to clean, and the water tanks can be put in the dishwasher without any problem. The descaling program, for example, is automatic, and they include a Brita water filter so that we can use tap water without any problem. We would also like to highlight the exquisite designs and especially the attractive colour range.
- We also must talk about their exclusive system for reading pods and preparing drinks based on bar codes. The system is called Intellibrew, and some consumers warn that so much automation sometimes prevents them from personalising their drinks themselves. The idea is that each pod (T-Disc) has a built-in code that the machine reads to obtain all the necessary data for the preparation: temperature, amount of water, time, etc.
- Tassimo coffee machines are compact and usually have a water tank with a large capacity in almost all models.
Disadvantages of Tassimo Coffee Makers
- Tassimo pods (which in the end is the most long-term investment we are going to make) are more expensive than Senseo or Dolce Gusto capsules. Not so much because of the individual price of each capsule (around 30 cents) but because any drink other than coffee only requires two pods. It is the Dolce Gusto happens only with some varieties, not in such a generalized way as in the Tassimo. This article will make it clearer to you: how much does it cost to have a capsule coffee maker?
- The pods of Tassimo coffee machines are not reusable and do not support private label compatibility.
In short, we believe that Tassimo coffee machines should be your choice if you consider that variety is the key to taste, if you look for quality above all in all drinks and also if you can afford not to look too much at the price of the capsules.
If you have any doubts, you can always look at their manuals to get to know them:
How does a Tassimo coffee machine work? (Step by step)
Time required: 2 minutes.
We tell you how to use a Tassimo coffee machine step by step, in case you want to review this process before deciding to buy it. As you will see, it is really easy and somewhat simpler than using machines from other brands.
1. Prepare the coffee machine. Fill the water tank, and insert your capsule (T-Disc) inside.
2. Turn it on. The water has to be heated. It will take about 25-30 seconds.
3. If you have a Tassimo MyWay (Only on the MyWay), this is the step where you can customize the size of the cup or the intensity of the preparation. If it is another model, you can go to the next step:
4. Brew the coffee. Press the activation button and in a few seconds the coffee (or the drink you have chosen) will be ready in your cup. You don’t have to do anything else, because the coffee maker itself reads the barcode on the T-Disc, and knows exactly how much water to use and when to stop brewing.
If you have any doubts about how a Bosch Tassimo coffee machine works, take a look at this video demonstration from the company itself:
Which Tassimo coffee maker to buy – Vivy or Happy?
Many users choose this brand because of the low price of its machines, perhaps seduced by the siren calls of some new offer. And the model they find cheaper, or with the best offer is always one of these two: Happy or Vivy 2.
If you are hesitating between the Tassimo Vivy or Happy coffee machine, here is a summary of their differences… which in practice are non-existent:
- The Happy came on the market later, is newer, has a slightly more modern and rounded design. The Vivy, on the other hand, is already in its second generation (we are always comparing it with the Vivy 2 model).
- The range of colours to be chosen between the two machines is different.
- Both have the same operational functions: coffee preparation at the touch of a button, decalcification warnings and the same tank size.
So if you wonder which is better: the Tassimo Vivy or the Happy, the answer is very simple: 95% are identical machines, and you can choose the one with the best offer at that moment, without any problem.
Accessories for your Tassimo coffee machine: The official descaler
The descaler for Tassimo coffee machines is the official one of the Bosch company (the manufacturer. It consists of packs of 4 tablets that are dissolved in the machine’s water tank, before starting the cleaning process. Two tablets are used in each decalcification cycle, so that with one packet (currently costing 6.30 £ at Amazon) you have enough for a couple of cycles.
- Removes limescale quickly and effectively from the appliance
- Protects the appliance from harmful calcium deposits
- Contents: 4 x tablets per pack (2 descaling treatments)
- Accessory reference: TCZ6004, 311530
- Tested and approved care product
Remember that you can always use the decalcifying liquid of any other brand (the chemical compounds are usually very similar in all of them), but we always recommend the official of each coffee machine.
Which coffee do I use for a Tassimo coffee machine?
Tassimo coffee machines only work with T-Discs, which is their own “coffee pod” system. You cannot use them with ground coffee or coffee beans of your choice, and the worst thing is that you cannot use any other single-dose format with them than the Tassimo T-Discs. There are no coffee pods compatible with Tassimo coffee machines.
This is because all Bosch Tassimo coffee machines read a barcode printed on each T-Disc, through a system called Intellibrew, which allows the machine to automatically know how much water to use for each speciality. It cannot be copied or reproduced, so it is impossible to create white-label Tassimo coffee pods.
In short, there is no point in wondering what coffee to use for your Tassimo coffee machine. You will have to go through the cash register, and you should be clear about this before you buy your machine.
Tassimo 2020 Coffee Machine Comparisons
The comparison tables are one of the most requested resources by all our readers, because they allow us to check the main differences between the different models of coffee machines briefly. On this occasion, we present you the Tassimo coffee machine comparison chart. In our comparisons we go to the point, eliminate all extra information and give you only the data you are interested in to decide which coffee maker to buy.
These are the differences between the four models on sale right now:
- Happy: the most basic of all.
- Vivy: same features as Happy, but older.
- Suny: it is the only one that includes the SmartStart system, which makes the machine start up by itself when the cup is placed on the tray.
- MyWay: it is more expensive than the others and allows us to customise the size and intensity of each cup we prepare.
Also, if you want to compare Tassimo machines with the other big brands of capsules available, here are some other comparisons:
Tassimo coffee machines: Guideline prices
One of the advantages of Bosch Tassimo coffee machines is their price. They are economical and are often accompanied by attractive welcome offers to get the consumer hooked up as quickly as possible. You know that these companies do business mainly with the consumables (the coffee pods), not with the machine itself, which they actually sell almost at cost price.
We have already mentioned that the Suny, Vivy 2 and Happy models are very cheap. Around 30 pounds is enough to get one. The MyWay is a higher range machine with more features and costs a little more, but it is still affordable compared to other brands or a porta filter espresso machine.
Tips for buying a Tassimo coffee machine: Offers
Of course, before you buy a Tassimo coffee machine online you should check the offers. For this purpose we have prepared several price collections that are the bomb: on the one hand the cheapest Tassimo coffee machines, and on the other hand those that are lower than their initial price.
These are two different concepts, so pay attention:
Buy Tassimo coffee machine offers
Of course, before buying a Tassimo coffee maker, it is advisable to check the offers. For this purpose, we have prepared several price collections that are the bomb: on the one hand the cheapest Tassimo coffee machines, and on the other hand, those that are lower than their initial price.
When we find a Tassimo coffee machine offer in traditional stores, what usually happens is that it is a model that has been in stock for a long time, or that the store has to sell it as soon as possible to make room for the new ones. You know that in physical stores, no matter how big it is, the big problem is always the space to store the products.
Cheap Tassimo coffee machines
The most inexpensive Tassimo coffee machines, apart from exclusive offers and promotions, are the ones with less capacity and the ones that offer more basic features. They are aimed at a broader segment of the public and generally less demanding with their coffee machine.
Currently, these models of cheap Tassimo coffee machines are the following:
Especially the Happy, which is the most recent one, and the one with the most significant discounts that make its base price even more attractive. The Vivy (which is already in its second generation) is also a good option in this regard. Both are in the range of between 30 pounds and 40 pounds, in new models (even less, if we pull reconditioned or second hand).
Spare parts for Tassimo coffee machines
The most common spare parts for Tassimo coffee machines that are available are the cleaning discs (an empty T-Disc, yellow in colour, obviously without coffee inside) and some loose spare parts, such as the T-Discs holders and the injectors or capsule punches.
Please note that the latter spare parts are not suitable for all Tassimo coffee machines: each one can have its own part. Check the model carefully before buying your Tassimo spare parts on the Internet.
Water tanks for Tassimo coffee machines
The same applies to these: remember that some of the Tassimo water tanks are valid for several models (even for older machines), but others are exclusive to a single coffee machine, due to their size or shape. It is best to make sure before making a purchase. Here are some examples:
Holders for Tassimo pods
Tassimo’s pod holders, or T-Discs, are very useful complements to keep the kitchen tidy and your favourite coffees always at hand, and not scattered around a drawer.
When we talk about Tassimo capsule dispensers, we mainly find two different types: the towers, and the drawers to store T-Discs. Some are vertical, others are horizontal (and allow you to place the coffee maker on top).
We’ve discussed these accessories for your Tassimo coffee maker in detail on our post about the best coffee pod dispensers, but here are some of the best options available at Amazon in case you want to take the fast track.
Which is the best-selling Tassimo coffee machine?
Well, this depends on the year. Tassimo is known for discontinuing old models as it brings out new ones, not like Nespresso or Dolce Gusto, which still have some of their pioneering machines on the market. So Tassimo’s best-selling coffee maker is usually always the newest, basically because the rest are no longer sold.
At the time of writing, the best-selling Tassimo coffee machines of 2020 are the Vivy and the Happy (the cheapest), followed by the Tassimo MyWay which represents the role of the highest-ranking machine, so to speak.
Where to buy a Tassimo coffee maker?
Finally, once you have all the information in your hand and you have decided to buy a Tassimo coffee maker online, it is essential to know how to choose well where to make the purchase.
We always recommend to do it on Amazon, because the offers you find there are far below the official prices of the shops. You can also order the coffee maker you want in the colour you want, which they will always have in stock. In two days you will have it at home.
However, you should know that Tassimo coffee machines are also available in large stores (although they never have all the models) and of course on the official Tassimo website.