You’ve been thinking about buying a capsule coffee maker for some time now, and you’ve finally decided on Nespresso coffee makers. What else? but which Nespresso model do I buy? Here is the big question, and here are all the answers:
Nespresso coffee machines are characterised by one of the most extensive ranges on the whole single-serve market. Starting with the most basic models, such as the Essenza Mini, to the most popular ones like the Inissia or the Pixie, the Nescafé brand also offers very high-end coffee machines, such as the Lattissima in its various versions, or even other more advanced models aimed at professional businesses. In total, there are dozens of Nespresso capsule coffee machines.
Besides this, you should know that their capsules are the most expensive on the market and that they cannot be bought as cheaply as their competitors: they are only sold in the physical Nespresso stores, or by ordering them on the Internet. We have them all in our Nespresso capsules online store.
When buying a Nespresso capsule coffee maker, you may have a lot of questions, mainly because of the number of offers and models available. Which Nespresso machine is the best? How do they differ? Which are old and which are new? Which Nespresso coffee maker makes less noise?
The 3 Best Nespresso Coffee Machines of 2019
If you’re looking for the best Nespresso coffee maker of 2019, we’re going to give you three particular notes, before we go through all the models one by one. Which Nespresso coffee maker is the best? Well, according to different criteria, we’ll keep these:
Nespresso Essenza Mini or Inissia: the economic ones
If you want to buy a cheap Nespresso coffee machine, these two are the economical options within the whole range. Curiously enough, they are also two of the company’s most recent machines.
Lattissima Pro: the most potent Nespresso
We’ll talk about it later, but the Nespresso Lattissima coffee machine has several versions. The most advanced of all is the Pro, with a touch screen and buttons for automatic preparation of ristrettos, espressos, cappuccino, latte macchiato, hot water and hot milk. A monster! It is probably the most potent Nespresso machine.
Expert: the Nespresso coffee machine with Wi-Fi
If you want to be up to date, the Expert has Bluetooth connectivity. It means that you can download the Nespresso app to your mobile phone and send your favourite recipes or settings to the machine so that it can prepare them without you having to be in front of it. There are more Nespresso coffee makers with Bluetooth, but we’ll stick with this one.
Comparative of Nespresso Coffee Makers: Prices and Models 2020
In this section, we will go into more detail about each Nespresso coffee machine: we will briefly review the characteristic features of each one and the differences between the different machines. The aim is to help you decide which Nespresso machine is best to buy according to your needs and to clear up the typical questions of ‘which Nespresso machine to choose’, ‘which Nespresso machine to recommend for a gift’ and so on.
If you want to read the complete review on a one, just click on the blue analysis button. Here we go! All the Nespresso machines in the palm of your hand:
The Inissia model has been Nespresso’s most popular and best-selling machine on Amazon, mainly because it left aside the elitist aura that characterized the firm and aimed directly at the broadest sector of the public: the medium-low profile consumer.
✅ Economical, small size, many colours to choose from.
❌ A lot of plastic on the body. No advanced options.
- Compact machine taking up minimum space on your work counter
- User friendly capsule insertion with removable container for emptying
- Fast heating using Thermoblock, 25 seconds
- Automatic quantity control for the coffee of your choice from espresso to cappuccino
- Enhanced Nespresso capsules containing the ideal amount of freshly roasted and ground coffee with 16 different blends to suit all tastes
Nespresso Essenza Mini
The Essenza was Nespresso’s first large coffee machine, back in 2009-2010. At the end of 2017, the brand decided to renew it and continue with the successful low-cost philosophy brought by the Inissia, which we have seen before.
So much so, that they manage to reduce its size even more, and therefore give it the well-deserved name of “Mini”.
If you want to buy a cheap Nespresso coffee maker, this is your choice.
✅ Very cheap, very small, and with an eye-catching design.
❌ Don’t expect any big technical fuss or extra features.
- Ultra-compact design: Very small footprint 33 cm x 8.4 cm x 20.4 cm (L x W x H), easy to place and move in the kitchen/house
- Easy controls: Two programmable options for espresso or lungo with automatic flow-stop
- High-tech: 19-bar high-performance pump and fast heat-up in only 25 seconds
- Thermoblock technology - the process which heats the water as required, ensuring fresh water at the ideal temperature whilst reducing the chance of scaling
- Energy-saving: Low energy use mode auto-starts after 3 minutes, with an automatic off function after 9 minutes
The Nespresso Citiz coffee machine is a slightly larger model, and older, than the two mentioned above. It has a water tank of 1-litre capacity and is also compatible with the Aeroccino system, which can be directly attached to it (this model is known as Citiz&Milk).
✅ It has more capacity than the previous ones.
❌ It is more expensive and does not provide extra functions unless you attach the Aeroccino to it.
- Includes assortment of 16 Nespresso capsules
- Automatic and programmable water quantity for espressos and lungos
- Thermoblock heating unit, for instant boiling water
- Power-save mode: Machine automatically switches off nine minutes after last use - can be reprogrammed up to 30 minutes
- Integrated Aeroccino lets you prepare creamy hot milk froth
If you’re looking for small Nespresso machines (due to lack of space in your kitchen), this Pixie along with the Essenza Mini are probably the best choices. It has only 0.7 litres of capacity; that’s true, but you can’t have everything in the same pack.
Later, the company decided to expand this model with the appearance of the Nespresso Pixie Clips coffee maker, whose main feature is that the coloured side panels can be interchanged and personalised to suit the consumer’s taste. An idea that did not take hold (after all, people want to enjoy their coffee).
✅ Compact dimensions, and chrome finishes (which other small Nespresso machines do not have).
❌ Apart from the aesthetic aspect, it does not bring any great novelties.
- Brand : Krups Nespresso
- Color : Marron
- binding : Cuisine
- label : Krups
- manufacturer : Krups
The Nespresso U coffee machine is characterised by its modular design, which allowed some of its parts to be interchanged to achieve different coffee machine layouts.
Another new feature of this model was the absence of operating buttons: the coffee is brewed automatically as soon as you insert the capsule into the machine.
An innovative idea that did not take hold either. Today it is no longer on the market, although you can still find some examples renamed as Nespresso Pulse.
✅ Modularity. It is the ideal machine if you want to attach accessories such as drawers to store capsules, the milk frother, etc. It was also the first Nespresso machine to include three coffee sizes (instead of two).
❌ Apart from the aesthetic aspect, it does not bring any great novelties.
- Pressure:19 bar
- Included Accessories:16 nespresso capsules
- Product Type:Coffee machine
- Coffee Makers Features:Removable water tank, removable drip tray, water level indicator, auto eject capsule system, used capsule container, adjustable drip tray, flow stop function, energy saving...
- Form Factor:Freestanding
It is one of the most recognizable. The Nespresso Lattissima coffee maker includes a large milk tank that allows it to emulsify and froth milk for making cappuccinos, lattes and other mixed drinks.
It also comes in several versions with notable differences between them.
- Lattissima Touch: 100% touch control panel, no buttons.
- Lattisima One: the compact version, manufactured by Delonghi.
- Lattisima Pro: It has seven drinks or pre-programmed preparations.
- Lattissima Premium: Larger water tank and upper cup-warming tray.
✅ It is the only Nespresso coffee machine with a milk tank and the possibility of making automatic cappuccinos.
❌ Its price is naturally higher than the rest.
- DeLonghi patented automatic cappuccino system to achieve real Cappuccino and lattes automatically into a glass
- 6 tactile beverage buttons to choose you favourite coffee drink; ristretto, cappuccino, latte, espresso, long, hot milk
- Reduced heating up time; 25 seconds
- Personalised drink option to memorise amount of coffee and milk required for your favourite drink option
- Sliding drip tray to allow use of both coffee cups and Latte glasses
The Nespresso Maestria may be one of the best Nespresso capsule coffee machines ever (well, any other brand too), but such a display of performance and design drove up its cost.
The price of the Maestria was inaccessible to the average consumer. So Nespresso’s attempt to produce an “out of class” home coffee machine was only a minor project in the industry.
Of course, it is now out of print and very difficult to find, even in markets for second-hand Nespresso coffee machines.
Nespresso Prodigio coffee machine
The Prodigio was the first of the Nespresso coffee machines with Bluetooth, although there were many criticisms of its reliability and today it is totally out of the market. It was replaced – rightly – by the Nespresso Expert coffee machine, which we see below.
✅ It was Nespresso’s first attempt to control a coffee machine from a mobile phone.
❌ The criticism from users is not very positive; it seems that many defective models came out.
- A smart coffee assistant that will brew your espresso to perfection
- Automatically powers off after 9 minutes.Automatic ejection of used capsule;Descaling alarm.
- Heats up in only 25 seconds
- 3 cup sizes; Ristretto, Espresso and Lungo
- Descaling alert
Nespresso Expert coffee maker
Behind the Prodigio came the Expert, a much more accurate, better-defined proposal, which also allows you to choose the temperature at which the coffee comes out. Control is maintained from the app, which will enable us to start the coffee maker before arriving home or from our room in the morning.
✅ The control by Bluetooth and the possibility of regulating the coffee output temperature.
❌ The price is much higher than the cheaper Nespresso machines.
- Americano feature
- Bluetooth Smart technology
- Three different temperature settings
- Distinct design with cutting edge flat-to-the wall design
It is a different machine from the others. We do not dare to call it a “coffee machine”, but rather an evolved milk frother, which allows us to make automatic drinks from the milk foam itself, and from other coffee we have prepared before.
✅ It has 21 programmed recipes, and can also be operated from the mobile phone.
❌ It does not work with capsules: we need to have a previously prepared espresso.
Nespresso Le Cube
The Nespresso LeCube coffee maker is not available on Amazon but is a prevalent model in the United States. What is most striking about it, of course, is its appearance: This machine has a perfect, very balanced, almost minimalist cubic shape. But it also hides other virtues not found in other usual models of the firm.
Nespresso LeCube: Features
- Available in various colors.
- 19 bar pressure pump.
- ABS plastic body with chrome finish.
- Cup warming tray located on the right side of the machine.
- Grid to absorb the drops (and to hold the cup) foldable. It can be placed at different heights.
- Tank of 1-litre capacity.
- Includes a container for storing used capsules.
- Allows you to program the predetermined volumes of coffee.
- Power: 1280 watts.
- Dimensions: 23 x 23 cms.
✅ The cube shape design is spectacular. It also has a space on the side to store up to 6 cups (and heat them, by the way).
❌ Its size. If you are looking to buy a small Nespresso coffee maker, this is not the one for you.
The Nespresso Vertuoline (or Vertuo) coffee maker is not available here on Amazon either, at least officially. However, there are rare examples for sale by third parties on Amazon.
It is not only a new Nespresso coffee maker but a completely different system of preparing espresso. The capsules of Nespresso Vertuo are different, the machine uses them differently, and the resulting coffee is also different. It is usually brewed at a lower temperature, and the espresso is not extracted by pouring (injection of water at high pressure) but by centrifuging (the capsule spins at high speed inside the machine).
It is the ideal machine for those who like to make a huge cup of coffee in the morning (or even a bowl), as it allows for the extraction of much larger coffees than espressos. It is the main difference between the Nespresso Vertuo and the rest.
If you want to know more details about this system, we invite you to read the complete review that we link to below:
✅ The 1.8-litre water tank, a size never seen before in the domestic capsule machine sector.
❌ Its price and having to use individual capsules to take advantage of its full potential.
- Don’t miss out on your free 50 Nespresso Vertuo Coffee capsules and 2 free months of coffee subscription (1st &6th). Offer ends 20th October 20, to redeem your gifts click the FREE GIFT link below.
- Perfect results every time : freshly brewed , full-bodied coffee with a generous crema even in a large cup
- Simple one-touch operation prepares 4 cup sizes. Energy saving switches off automatically after 9 minutes
- Innovative Centrifusion and barcode technology adjusts the brewing parameters to each coffee blend and capsule size ( 3 capsule sizes. Capsules are not compatible with Nespresso Original system ).
- Removable large water tank ( 1.6 litres ) and capsule container is 13 large capsules; used capsules can be recycled.
Nespresso Creatista Plus
This model is more oriented to baristas to professional users (or to the more demanding domestic consumer, that everything can be). The Nespresso Creatista coffee machine has a robust stainless steel body and is manufactured Nespresso and Breville.
What is the feature that distinguishes this Nespresso Creatista Plus from the rest? Well, its name already gives us a clue: Creatista, creators and artists. It is a model designed to experiment with milk foam, latte art and the barista profession in general.
- 100% stainless steel bodywork.
- 19 bar pressure pump.
- Water tank of 1.5 litres capacity.
- High-resolution screen.
- Spray nozzle with four levels of milk texture (cream density) to choose from.
- Milk temperature can be regulated with up to 11 predetermined levels.
- Automatic shut-off.
- Eight pre-programmed coffee selections
- Compartment for storing used pods
- Automatic decalcification warnings.
- Automatic processing of Flat Whites, latte macchiatos and cappuccinos
- Includes a milk jug for the emulsions.
- Automatic cleaning programs.
- Weight: 5.2 kgs.
- Dimensions of the coffee machine: 41 x 31 x 17 cms.
✅ The integrated steamer and the exclusive Breville milk emulsion technology. And the gift of a latte art carafe, which is always appreciated.
❌ The price and size are not suitable for the general public.
- Very fast heat up time; 3 seconds
- Large selection of different coffees to choose from (Espresso, Cappuccino, Latte Macchiato etc.)
- Available settings: 3 coffee volume settings (from 25 to 150 ml), 8 milk texture/froth settings (from 2 to 30 mm) and 11 milk temperature settings (from 56 to 76°C)
- Easy cleaning by emptying the drip tray, rinsing the milk jug and following the on-screen prompts for wand cleaning
- Comes with a 480ml stainless steel milk jug, pop out cup support, removable drip grid and removable drip tray
Professional Nespresso coffee makers
So far we have talked about domestic Nespresso machines, but there is also a range of machines designed to enjoy Nespresso coffee in businesses, workplaces, buffets, hotels, etc.
These are the commercial (or professional) Nespresso machines, which are characterised, apart from their capacity and size, by the use of Nespresso Pro capsules (a range of Nespresso capsules different from those of the domestic machines).
The Zenius looks like a Nespresso coffee maker for home (it’s not very big), but its capacity is 2 litres, almost twice as big as what we’re used to seeing. It could be considered the ‘small’ or ‘compact’ model of all professional Nespresso coffee makers.
It’s more suited to offices than to hospitality businesses, so this would be our recommendation if you’re thinking of buying a Nespresso coffee maker for offices with 10-20 employees.
It allows you to choose between 3 sizes of coffee for each preparation and also has a container with a capacity for 25 used capsules.
It is another matter. Here we are no longer talking about a Nespresso coffee machine for offices. It is a professional, gigantic coffee machine with two simultaneous coffee pumps and a 6-litre water tank, no less. It can be used correctly as a Nespresso machine for cafés or restaurants, as it is capable of withstanding hundreds of daily services without being disturbed.
Other details of this real beast: container to store up to 70 used capsules, hot water service, direct connection to the water outlet, LCD screen with multi-language configuration, that is, all the features designed for a bar or a coffee shop.
There are currently three models on sale: the Nespresso Gemini CS200, the CS220 or the latest CS223.
- Weight: 15 kg. Removable water tank: 6 litres. Capacity: used capsule container: 70 - Direct connection to the water system - Power (watts): 241 watts
- Dimensions (L x H x W): 56 x 39.2 x 37 cm (L x W x H). Innovation: dual head extraction system for the preparation of two cups simultaneously.
- Pressure:19 Digital display of choice of languages - Hot plate for cups
Nespresso Aguila 220 and 420
And we go up another step to reach the Nespresso Aguila: the best professional Nespresso coffee machine, a real luxury that imitates in conception and design the great coffee machines for catering that we see in bars. Its size and stainless steel body are very reminiscent of one of these monsters, as you can see in the images below.
The difference between the two versions is simply the size: the Nespresso Aguila 220 has a coffee group with two dispensers, and the 440 has two (that is, you can make four coffees simultaneously with it). It is what the 220 looks like:
It is a machine designed for baristas and establishments with a very high volume and demand for services. We highlight, for example, the very large space for heating cups on the upper tray, the daily automatic cleaning system, or the system for recipes with milk foam or hot water.
Other features of the Nespresso Aguila, specifically designed for the hotel and catering industry, are as follows:
- Direct connection to the water outlet.
- Water filter alarm.
- Refrigerated milk tank with a capacity of 5 litres
- Possibility of programming the sizes of each cup.
- Two containers of used capsules (125 units of capacity in each one).
- Dimensions: 100 x 62 x 63 cms.
- Power consumption: 9000 watts.
You can buy the Nespresso Aguila on eBay, or in some second-hand market of that style. You can also contact Nespresso on the brand’s website to ask about conditions, options and a quote. As you can imagine, this machine is not exactly cheap. At the moment, it is not possible to buy the Nespresso Aguila at Amazon.
Differences between Nespresso coffee machines
Well, you know them all. Now comes the question: Do you know how Nespresso coffee makers differ? Which one to buy? Which Nespresso coffee maker is better? Are you more interested in purchasing a new Nespresso coffee maker, or looking for an older, but cheaper model, that allows you to enjoy the famous Nespresso capsules as well? These and many other questions are common to many consumers who are faced for the first time in their lives with the dilemma of buying a Nespresso coffee machine and not knowing which model to choose.
As a company that already has more than a dozen different coffee machines on the market, it is normal for an inexperienced user to have doubts when exploring all the options. To help you, in this section we will discuss the main differences between Nespresso coffee makers, and we will also tell you what they have in stock so that you know in advance what you are going to get before you invest your money.
Let’s start with the similarities between each Nespresso coffee maker:
How are the Nespresso machines similar?
- All Nespresso machines have 19 bars of pressure.
- They work with the same capsule system (either the official Nespresso capsules or compatible Nespresso capsules). It means that the espresso you get will be the same in any model. Never lose sight of this premise.
- All of them have small or medium size water tanks (between 0.7 and 1 litre in almost all cases).
- All Nespresso coffee machines allow us to extract at least two different sizes of espresso: one short and one long. Some include a third size: the ristretto (more concise than the espresso). But no Nespresso machine is better than another when it comes to extracting coffee.
The differences between Nespresso machines are reflected in secondary options, or technical specifications such as the size of the water tank or the colours, as we will see below:
- Some Nespresso coffee machines with wifi can be operated from a mobile phone, such as the Expert or Prodigio.
- The Expert allows you to choose temperatures.
- The Inissia and the Essenza Mini are cheaper and have more normal qualities (no chrome finish, for example).
- The U has a modular design and allows you to make coffee without pressing a single button. The Citiz will enable you to attach an Aeroccino to the base. The Pixie allows you to interchange the coloured side panels.
- The Lattissima has a milk tank with some pre-programmed preparations.
- The Creatista includes a vaporizer and is aimed at professional baristas.
✅ Advantages of Nespresso coffee machines
- First and foremost: coffee. Nespresso coffee machines allow you to enjoy the best coffee on the market at home, with the most excellent variety (up to 16 different types of coffee) and with a 19 bar pressure system that guarantees the best espressos. A real delight for true coffee lovers and the most demanding palates.
- The 19 bars of pressure that all the models have.
- You can attach fantastic accessories to them, such as the
- Nespresso Aeroccino, or a multitude of drawers to store Nespresso capsules.
- The bill is usually impeccable.
❌ Disadvantages of the Nespresso coffee machines
- The price. Not so much that of the machines themselves, although they are generally a little more expensive than other brands, but above all that of the capsules, which in the long term is what we must look at. Quality, in this case, is paid for.
- They only make coffee. If you want to enjoy chocolates, teas or other drinks at home, you should look at other brands such as Tassimo or Dolce Gusto. Or make them yourself. The exception is Lattissima, but the rest only make espresso.
- The original capsules are only distributed on the Internet or in Nespresso boutiques. They are not in supermarkets or the usual shops.
To sum up, we can say that Nespresso coffee makers should be your choice if you are looking for quality in the preparation of your coffee and the best varieties and flavours in the world. You should be aware of their high price, that capsules are not available in large stores, and that their coffee makers only prepare coffee-based beverages. Nespresso coffee machines are THE COFFEE, with capital letters.
Old Nespresso machines models
Several machines are still in the catalogues, but are no longer manufactured and are increasingly difficult to find in our country. Rather than old Nespresso machines, it would be fairer to talk about discontinued Nespresso machines. We have listed them here so that you don’t get confused in your search:
- Nespresso Essenza: This was one of the first Nespresso machines to go on sale. It was replaced at the end of 2017 by the Essenza Mini.
- Nespresso Maestria and Gran Maestria: discontinued in 2015.
- Nespresso U (or Nespresso Pulse): in the process of being discontinued. There are fewer and fewer copies left in stock. It is no longer on the official Nespresso website.
New Nespresso coffee makers: latest models
The most recent Nespresso coffee machines are the Nespresso Barista (2019), the Essenza Mini (2017) and the Expert (2016).
So, if you’re thinking of buying a late-model Nespresso machine, or want it for a gift, these are the ones to look for.
Where to buy Nespresso coffee machines?
Once you’ve decided on a particular model, it’s time to buy it. The question “where do they sell Nespresso coffee makers?” is not unimportant, because although many readers think -“but they sell them in any supermarket or any appliance store” – the reality is not usually like that. –Ahh, isn’t it?
No. Sure, Nespresso coffee makers, sell everywhere. You can find Nespresso machines in any supermarket on the corner if we get like that. Not for nothing, we’re talking about a firm with a strong network of distributors. But do all the shops have just the model you have chosen, in the colour you want, and at the best price? That’s already more difficult.
Yes, you can find Nespresso coffee makers in Argos or Nespresso coffee makers in Currys, but they usually only have a few models. Often the most popular ones.
For this reason, we always recommend buying Nespresso coffee makers from Amazon. There you will have no problem with availability, the prices are reasonable, and the shipping is fast. You can also buy Nespresso coffee makers on eBay, the advantages are usually the same, although in this case you might have to look a little harder to find the exact one you need.
Nespresso coffee machines in UK
We have – fortunately – thousands of daily readers in UK and many come to us looking for information or asking about Nespresso coffee machines in UK.
The reason is justified, although it seems strange since Nespresso has different commercial branches in each country or geographical area of the world. In other words, the same Nespresso coffee machines are not sold in Europe as in the United Kingdom, or America, or in other regions.
These are the Nespresso coffee machines that are officially sold in UK:
Nespresso machines in UK with original technology
- Essenza Mini.
Nespresso machines in UK with Vertuo technology
- Vertuoplus Combo (includes the Aeroccino).
Other Nespresso capsule coffee makers
Some people think that the only machines that accept Nespresso capsules (official or compatible) are those of the firm itself. But no. As the patent is open, other manufacturers have been encouraged to market their coffee machines compatible with Nespresso capsules. This way, you can find different qualities, features or functions (and prices) that do not exist in official Nespresso coffee machines without having to give up the enjoyment of the firm’s capsules.
Nespresso coffee makers with milk frother
If you are looking for Nespresso coffee makers with a steamer, you will be unpleasantly surprised to find that none of them come as standard, except for the Creatista Plus (the firm’s most professional, and most expensive, model) and the Lattissima. These are the only ones that allow you to froth milk.
The alternative, of course, is to buy a milk frother on your own or use the Aeroccino or Barista (the company’s own).
An excellent way to use the Aeroccino frother, and save a few euros, is to buy one of the &Milk packs that Nespresso offers with specific coffee machines.
What are the Nespresso&Milk coffee machines? Well, no more and no less than a pack of coffee machine + Aeroccino (2 in 1) in which the frother is coupled to the machine and makes up a single machine. In this way, the “name” & Milk is added to the original model, so that we can buy the Nespresso Citiz&Milk, the Expert&Milk, or even the Inissia&Milk.
Here you have them all:
Nespresso coffee machine accessories: Aeroccino and more
When you have a Nespresso coffee machine, something similar happens to when you buy an Apple computer or product. There is an uncontrollable current that pushes you to acquire all the accessories and complements of the same brand (although it is not necessary or compulsory). There are many brands, many prices, some better, some cheaper but the user wants to have everything from the same manufacturer.
And among these accessories for Nespresso coffee machines, there are two that stand out especially: the mixers for emulsifying milk, and the drawers for storing Nespresso capsules. In any case, we recommend that you take a look at our guide to the best Nespresso accessories, for a broader view.
Nespresso milk frothers
Let’s be clear here: there are dozens of milk frothers on the market, and many of them are just as good as the Nespresso frother. And most of them are also cheaper.
Traditionally, the only sparkling winemaker of the brand has been the Nespresso Aeroccino. Still, in 2019 the revolutionary Nespresso Barista was launched, a highly evolved milk sparkling winemaker that, apart from emulsifying the liquid, also allows you to make automatic recipes. And it also heats by induction. It’s costly, but it’s an new concept that has no equal or competitor in the market.
If you simply want to have a good milk frother at home frankly, we advise you to buy a mid-range one, cheaper than the Aeroccino.
Storage of Nespresso capsules
We find this much more practical. There’s nothing worse than having all your capsules mixed up, messed up, and what’s worse, thrown away in a drawer or closet. The Nespresso capsule drawers allow you to store your single-dose capsules better, have them more readily available, and above all, sort them out.
They come in all types (horizontal, vertical, with drawers) and all sizes, although the most common size is between 30 and 60 original Nespresso capsules. Some of them can even be attached to the coffee maker so that you can always find your favourite Grand Crus.
We have drawn up a guide to capsule dispensers (or capsule-holder drawers), but in this case you must stick to the Nespresso capsule-holders: the capsules in each format are of different shapes and sizes, so that those in one machine are not suitable for the other.
If you want to buy a drawer to store the Nespresso capsules, these are some of the best options you have on Amazon:
What’s the smallest Nespresso machine?
The smallest Nespresso machines are the Inissia and the Essenza Mini.
How do you clean a Nespresso machine?
Time needed: 40 minutes.
The real-time is several hours because the water tank should be left to rest with the cleaning product for a long time to remove any sediment inside.
1- Decalcify your coffee machine
If you don’t know how, read our guide first.
2- Wash the tank
After decalcification, wash the tank with detergent, rinse it several times, and let it dry for several hours before using it again. Corners and nooks are particularly conducive to the formation of sediment.
3- Remove the capsule holder.
It is a plastic piece, so take advantage of it to wash it thoroughly, and wipe the inside of the head with a damp cloth that is exposed.
4- Remove the tray and the anti-drip screen.
The tray is one of the components that accumulates the most dirt, so put it in the dishwasher if necessary. A damp cloth will suffice for the grate.
5- Clean the exterior of the coffee maker
The machine needs to look good inside and out, so don’t forget to check the plastic housing, especially the areas closest to the coffee spout. Droplets always collect there.
6- Run several water cycles (without coffee)
Finally, when your Nespresso machine is like the jets of gold, don’t forget to run 2 or 3 water cycles (without a capsule) to clear all the internal pipes. You should have done this already after decalcifying, but it never hurts to make sure.
Who makes Nespresso coffee machines?
Two companies: Krups and Delonghi. These brands, apart from marketing their coffee machines under their brand, are two of the most prestigious manufacturers in the sector and have specialised in the capsule sector. Such is the case that they are responsible for building all the models of both Nespresso and Dolce Gusto.
There are also a few exceptions, such as the KitchenAid Nespresso coffee machine and other machines which accept Nespresso capsules but are marketed by other manufacturers outside the group. A peculiar coffee machine, compatible with the Nespresso capsule system, but with all the advanced features and comforts of a high-end espresso machine.
You can find more information on this point by consulting the instructions for the use of Nespresso coffee machines.
Nespresso Krups coffee makers
Krups currently manufactures the following models of Nespresso coffee machines: Inissia, Essenza Mini, Pixie, Citiz and Expert.
Nespresso Delonghi coffee machines
Delonghi manufactures the Nespresso Lattissima, Citiz, Essenza Mini and U (or Nespresso Pulse) coffee machines.
As you can see, some models are manufactured indistinctly by both Krups and Delonghi. In the case of the Essenza Mini, for example, the designs are slightly different depending on the manufacturer. The performance is always identical, though.
Comparisons of Nespresso coffee machines with other brands
If you would like to see the differences and advantages of Nespresso coffee machines compared to other brands, you can also consult the following articles:
Are Nespresso coffee machines good? Reviews
It is a common question, but one that should be pointed out. What are Nespresso coffee machines like? Do they live up to their reputation? Do they stand out from other manufacturers?
And the answer is yes: Nespresso coffee machines are excellent machines.
Just as reliable as those made by Tassimo, Senseo, Lavazza or any other firm in the sector. But we do want to emphasize that the prestige and fame of the Nespresso brand is not necessarily due to “the quality of its machines”, but mainly to the coffee (the capsules).
In any case, if you ever have any problems with your Nespresso coffee machine, be sure to consult this troubleshooting guide for Nespresso.
Nespresso Travel Coffee Machines
Can you imagine going on a trip or vacation and taking your favourite capsules with you to enjoy them at any time? Being able to plug in your Nespresso coffee machine in the motorhome, or the car, and make yourself a coffee on the spot. Well, you don’t have to keep imagining: these machines have been on the market for a long time, and we are going to introduce them to you here.
Nespresso travel coffee machines do not exist as such: in other words, it is not Nespresso that markets these machines. But travel coffee machines that have the particularity that they can accept Nespresso format capsules (these machines usually work with ESE, the soft pods). It is the example of Wacaco, and its popular Minipresso model (and the similar but even smaller Nanopresso):
- [ENCAPSULATED ESPRESSO] Compatible with NS CAPSULES*, in which the coffee is ground, measured and tamped with high precision, there is very little left for error. It's also more convenient, mess free...
- [MANUAL OPERATION ONLY] Add any compatible capsules into the outlet head. Add hot water into the water tank. Unlock the piston from its travel position and pump a few strokes to pressurize and extract...
- [GREAT PARTNER FOR TRAVEL] Minipresso NS is your best choice to quickly and efficiently enjoy delicious espresso wherever you are. Your espresso looks great and taste fantastic every time.
- [COMPATIBILITY NOTE] NS CAPSULES refers to Nespresso** Original capsules and compatibles. Note that some non Original capsules might not work well with our machines.
- NOTE: Accessories are sold separately! You can purchase Minipresso Tank+ or Minipresso Case accessories separately in order to prepare longer espresso (100ml) and protect Minipresso NS from any bumps,...
Nespresso coffee makers: Cleaning and maintenance
When it comes to keeping our Nespresso coffee machine in good condition, there are always questions about what to do or how to tackle a particular problem. All coffee machines usually work well, but in the long run (i.e. after many years) something always happens because of the use, and that’s when we remember that instruction manual that we didn’t keep at the time.
To help you, we have compiled the best guides on maintenance and cleaning of Nespresso coffee machines. All of them are just a click away for your consultation:
Nespresso coffee makers: Offers
One of the most significant brakes users encounter when buying a Nespresso coffee machine is undoubtedly its price. The quality of these machines and the taste of their capsules is beyond doubt, but it is clear that they cost a little more than most and the pocket is a crucial aspect when deciding on our purchase. That’s why we want to show you exclusively on CoffeeMaker.top the best offers of Nespresso coffee machines you can find on Amazon.
The process is simple: we track the capsule coffee maker section of Amazon and set up a filter to only show products that have a specific discount on that capsule coffee maker. How do you do this? Very only, pay attention:
How do you find the best deals on Nespresso coffee makers on Amazon
Okay, first thing we need to do the search Amazon for “Nespresso coffee makers.” or click in any of our coffee makers.
Then, we only have to add to that address (by typing directly in the address bar) the following:
Automatically, when you press Enter, you will be shown the Nespresso coffee machines with a 20% to 99% discount on Amazon.
As you may have guessed, this parameter called “pct-off” is the percentage discount applied to the products and can be used to search. The 20 and 99 are simply the range of discounts we want to look for. For example, if we add this:
We would be looking for Nespresso coffee machines that were between 30% and 60% off.
A quick way to find the best discounts on Nespresso coffee makers!
Amazon has these offers for a limited time, so we advise you not to take too long to take advantage of the proposals because the available units usually sell out quickly.
Below is a list of the Nespresso coffee machines that are currently available on Amazon for less than 80 bucks:
The misnamed “offers” for free Nespresso coffee makers
There are also the free Nespresso coffee machine offers. However, logically they have tricks: these promotions belong to firms that have a high surplus of capsules (or other consumables). They are interested in “placing”, and then they offer the Nespresso coffee machines as a gift in exchange for taking a certain amount of the products they have on sale. Who has not seen, for example, the offer of free Nespresso coffee machines with 500 capsules, or the Nespresso machines as a gift for direct debiting receipts or opening bank accounts?
Second-hand Nespresso coffee machines
A smart alternative to buying a Nespresso coffee machine for a small fee is to go to Amazon’s section of second-hand Nespresso coffee machines.
Buying a second-hand Nespresso machine does not mean that it is used. Amazon reserves this space for models returned by other buyers, often unused, or which have suffered damage to the box or packaging during transport and therefore cannot be offered for sale as “new”.
All these second-hand Nespresso machines are checked and certified by Amazon, so the guarantee is full. And as you can see if you clicked on the link, the reduction from the initial price is very substantial.
Cheap Nespresso coffee machines: prices and models
We already know that Nespresso coffee machines are slightly more expensive than the industry average. Still, if you’re looking for a good deal on Nespresso coffee machines like the ones explained above, you’re bound to find one. And if you’re looking for second-hand Nespresso machines, then you can look in the outlet section or refurbished section of Amazon. There you can find real bargains.
The third way is to opt for a new coffee maker, but one of the most economical models in the Nespresso range. And then the question is: Which is the cheapest Nespresso coffee maker? Well, this depends on the promotions and the occasional ups and downs in the market. Still, in general, if you are looking to buy a new cheap Nespresso machine, the best options are the Inissia and the new Essenza Mini: the most affordable Nespresso machines by far.
It is because they are tiny machines, with little capacity, and with necessary materials (i.e. they do not have chrome or stainless steel trimmings, for example). In conclusion: these two models are Nespresso’s real low-cost coffee machines.
Nespresso coffee machines: the capsules
Here we are going to be brief because we already have pages and guides on our website that speak in greater depth about the topic of single dose.
What capsules do Nespresso coffee machines use? All the capsules in the Nespresso format. There are two types: the official Nespresso capsules and the compatible Nespresso capsules.
The former is manufactured and distributed by Nespresso and the latter by dozens and dozens of manufacturers throughout the world.
All of them have coffee in them. But you can also buy refillable Nespresso capsules, which come empty and can be filled with any ground coffee blend you want. They are more cumbersome, but we can reuse them a lot.
It is if we’re talking about domestic coffee makers. If we’re talking about professional Nespresso machines (which we’ve already reviewed on this page), then we’d need a third single-dose format: the Nespresso Pro capsules.
And finally, there are the Nespresso Vertuo capsules, which work differently (by centrifugation, not injection) and therefore have a different format.
All these formats are mutually exclusive and incompatible. In other words: a standard Nespresso machine does not support Pro or Vertuo capsules; a Vertuo machine cannot use standard capsules and so on.
Nespresso coffee machines for infusions
Is it possible to use Nespresso coffee machines for infusions? Yes, of course it is. Any appliance capable of serving hot water would be right enough for us to enjoy our favourite infusion.
The advantage of Nespresso coffee machines for making infusions lies in their speed: you only need to press a button, and in less than 10 seconds you have your cup or glass full of hot water, ready to receive your infusion bag.
Is there a faster and more effective way to brew with a Nespresso coffee machine? Yes, there is: use one of the infusion capsules presented in the article just linked.
Nespresso Coffee Makers: Which one is the best?
And we reach the end of our guide to Nespresso coffee makers with the usual section on conclusions. In the end, all Nespresso machines use the same coffee and the identical capsules, so the final result doesn’t vary substantially from one machine to another. Instead, it is a question of convenience and the value we place on the ‘extra’ features that each model adds to its predecessors.
For example, the addition of the third size of coffee may be a plus for the latest Nespresso machines. Still, if in the end what you drink in the morning is an ordinary espresso, and you never use the “ristretto” size, then innovation will be of little use to you.
So before you ask yourself which Nespresso machine is best, you should ask yourself which Nespresso machine is best for you.
You need to be clear about your needs and your priorities. We’ve already given you as much information as possible, so you can decide without having to go anywhere else.
The Ten best-selling Nespresso coffee machines in 2020
We finished our review of this well-known firm with the usual sales list. It is a simple ranking for you to know which are the preferred models of the online buyers throughout this year. We update it daily. As you can see, there is a predominance of cheaper, more affordable Nespresso coffee machines: