Delonghi is an Italian company founded in 1902, which throughout the 20th century has expanded its activity to become one of the primary world references in the manufacture of small household appliances. It has its headquarters in Treviso (Italy) and owes much of its fame, of course, to the marketing and production of coffee machines.
As well as acting as a manufacturer of coffee machines for other companies in the capsule sector, Delonghi also markets its line of coffee machines, focusing mainly on espresso machines.
Delonghi coffee machines are, together with Saeco, the most popular within the domestic espresso sector. Their main advantage is their wide range of models, from the most basic coffee machines, accessible to everyone, to the highest range of super-automatic espresso machines. At Delonghi there is something for everyone.
Unlike other manufacturers, Delonghi has an extensive range of models in both manual and automatic espressos. There are dozens of options. Besides, it also markets some moka pot type (Italian coffee machines), as we will see later. However, in both these areas, Delonghi coffee machines are always focused on making espressos.
If you would like to know more about them, I am sure you will find it useful to check all the articles and information of interest that we have published to date on our website:
We will now analyse their main common characteristics and the peculiarities of the different models:
Delonghi coffee makers: Prices and models
The price ranges of Delonghi coffee makers are very varied and logically depend on the variety of coffee maker you are interested in buying. Still, in general, we can say that Delonghi coffee makers are somewhat cheaper than Saeco coffee makers and other espresso firms such as Gaggia.
Espressos, which are the most numerous, range from 100-200 pounds in the case of manual coffee machines.
If we go for the automatic ones, the entry model ECAM 22.110 starts at 300 pounds, while the top of the range can easily exceed 1000 pounds in price.
There are also some drip coffee machines, which are usually basic and do not exceed 50-60 pounds in most cases.
To get you out of the way, here are the updated offers and prices (as of today) for all Delonghi machines available at Amazon:
Comparison of Delonghi coffee machines 2020
Of course, you can’t miss our Delonghi coffee maker comparison chart so you can examine briefly all the details and differences between the Delonghi coffee makers you are most interested in buying.
Manual Delonghi espresso machines
And to finish, we offer you a brief extract of the leading models of Delonghi coffee machines that we have analysed on the web. You can find complete information about each of them by accessing their corresponding reviews.
The most basic model of Delonghi, for all audiences and without missing a single essential feature of any espresso machine. For a little more, you can go one step further and buy the latest model EC-155.
- Self priming system machine meaning it is always ready for use
- Cappuccino system means it mixes steam, air and milk producing a rich creamy forth
- Cup shelf
- Adjustable steam emission
- Filter holder with crema device
Delonghi’s mid-range opens with this EC-270 model, an exciting option at a price still affordable for those looking for something more in their home espresso machine.
- Eliminate annoying start-up preparation with the self-priming operation
- Always brew espresso or cappuccino at the perfect temperature with two separate thermostats, which allow for water and steam pressure to be controlled separately
- Enjoy delicious espresso for years to come with the durable, high-quality stainless steel boiler and 15 bar pump pressure
- Use convenient pods or ground coffee with the patented dual function filter holder. It makes espresso preparation simple and fast.
- Easily prepares latte and cappuccino with the patented "Cappuccino System" frother. It mixes steam and milk to create a rich, creamy froth for perfect drinks every time
Delonghi Icona Vintage
The espresso machine with the most personality and charisma from Delonghi, with a retro design, marked vintage air and several colours to choose from.
- Use ESE pods or ground coffee with the patented dual function filter holder.
- Cappuccino system means it mixes steam, air and milk producing a rich creamy forth
- 2 separate thermostats to control water and steam temperatures
- Self priming system means is always ready for use
- Anti drip system.Pump pressure (bar):15
An updated revision of the Vintage Icona, with similar features, but an even more attractive and stylish design. Ideal if you want to have a touch of pop distinction in your kitchen.
- 15 BAR PRESSURE to create your perfect espresso with a rich aroma and a nut coloured cream on top
- CAPPUCCINO SYSTEM: Create a wide range of milk based beverages thanks to the manual milk frother
- CUSTOMISE ESPRESSO: Enjoy your favourite coffee, whether that is a strong espresso or frothy cappuccino, all from your choice of fresh ground coffee or coffee pods
- HOME COMFORT: This coffee machine will deliver a real barista experience at home. The Scultura design features an unique metal finish with chrome details that embody elegance and distinctive design
- EASY TO CLEAN: The removable drip tray makes it easy to keep the machine clean and your work surface drip free. The drip tray is dishwasher safe. Note:If the steam nozzle hasn't been cleaned or...
Without a doubt Delonghi’s star model, a top-selling coffee maker in the mid-range segment, and surely the best option on the market for those who want to take home a “decent” coffee machine for an affordable price. The first model was the Delonghi EC-680, and today we already have the EC-685 that continues to break the mould.
- 15 BAR PRESSURE to create your perfect espresso with a rich aroma and a nut coloured cream on top
- MILK FROTHER: Froth or steam milk with the Adjustable Cappuccino System to create frothy cappuccinos, macchiatos or caffè lattes
- CUSTOMISE ESPRESSO: Thanks to the professional barista technology, you can control every step of the Coffee-making process, from tamping your ground Coffee to setting the temperature and length
- HOME COMFORT: At only 15 cm wide, it’s our slimmest design yet, offering a small footprint and big features
- EASY TO CLEAN: Manual descaling system will keep your machine running smoothly so you can always enjoy your favorite beverages
An intermediate step between the Dedica and the top of the range of the brand, the EC-860. It is a machine of much greater size and performance than the Dedica – also more expensive, of course –
- High performance
- Easy to use
- High quality
- Make and enjoy perfect espressos, cappuccinos and lattes
- Thermoblock heating system makes this machine ready to use in just 40 seconds
The EC-860 is the top of the range in the Delonghi manual espresso machines. A real wonder that has little to envy to professional coffee makers.
Delonghi’s ECP line has been very successful in the market, being slightly below the Delonghi Dedica. This is a mid-range, “traditional” coffee machine, without any gimmicks and with a slightly more modest finish than the successful EC-685. Its tank is 1.1 litres and there are already different versions on the market: ECP 31, 33, 35…
- Sophisticated black ABS paint finishing
- Advanced milk frother for maximum results
- Ability to use E.S.E pods as an alternative to ground coffee
- 1 litre water tank
- Made by De'Longhi
Another mid-range Delonghi espresso machine, which does its job perfectly but is too similar to the others. 1 litre tank, plastic body, not very up-to-date design… in our opinion this one could have been saved. It’s good, but it doesn’t bring anything new.
- Unleash your inner barista and create all your coffee shop favourites at home
- 15-bar pump espresso maker with a strainless steel boiler for perfect coffee extraction
- Steam arm to create frothy cappuccinos and smooth lattes
- Filter holder for ground coffee, 1 or 2 cups. Removable 1lt water tank and removable drip tray for glasses upto 110mm.
- Combination of matt and glossy black finish. Anti drip system.
This model belongs to Delonghi’s Distinta line, a range of home appliances (also includes the kettle, the toaster…) which is characterised by a quite tasteful polished stainless steel finish. It is available in several colours.
- Professional filter holder for ground coffee (1 or 2 cups) or “Easy Serving Espresso” pods with double wall crema filter.
- “Cappuccino System”: it mixes steam, air and milk, producing a rich and creamy froth for great cappuccino
- Practical cup warming plate, to keep your coffee cups warm, just like at the coffee shop.
- Self-priming system means machine is always ready for use.
- Sophisticated matte metallic finish with chromed details.
Delonghi automatic coffee machines
We are not going to stop here for long, because it corresponds to the widest range and the most important business line of this Italian firm with literally dozens of models. As a curiosity, we will tell you that these are the machines to look at if you are looking for Delonghi coffee machines for coffee beans (Bean to cup coffee machines). These are the only ones that admit such a possibility. Ditto if you need a Delonghi coffee maker with a built-in grinder.
The catalogue of Delonghi automatic coffee machines is so dense that it deserves its own guide with all the details. We invite you to get to know it: Delonghi automatic coffee machines.
Italian Delonghi coffee machines: Alicia is the reference
The extensive range of Delonghi coffee machines is completed by a very popular exponent in the Italian coffee maker sector (the traditional moka). This is the Delonghi Alicia moka pot, a model with a capacity of 6 to 9 cups and whose main feature is that it can be connected to an electric base. In this way it is possible to heat the water without use the stove.
If you want to know more about it we recommend you to read its analysis in our web, because it is really interesting. It is a really well known model and a great sales success in the field of Italian coffee machines.
- The Italian way to make authentic Coffee with the Mocha process. It involves just a few steps; Fill the aluminum boiler with water and filter with ground Coffee; After only a few minutes, The machine...
- Your Coffee will never burn or overflow with the safety automatic shut off; And the keep warm function keeps Coffee hot for 30 minutes
- Easily monitor the entire brewing process with the transparent container; It's durable and easy to clean
- Choose 3 or 6 Cups of Coffee with the convenient filter adapter
- Serving is simple with a detachable base for cord free serving
The Delonghi hydropressure coffee machines: EC7 and EC5
Hydro Pressure coffee machines are less popular than espresso machines, but they still have their share of the market. And, of course, the Italian company can boast of having one of the best on the market in its catalogue. It is the EC7 model, an 800-watt machine with all the safety systems typical of this type of machine. It reaches a pressure of 3.5 bars.
- 3.8 bar pressure
- Dishwasher safe lidded glass carafe for easy measuring with 4 cup capacity
- 'Cappuccino System' mixes steam, air and milk to produce rich creamy froth for perfect cappuccino
- Separate filters for 1 or 2 cups
- 2 cup adaptor - dispenses coffee into 2 cups simultaneously
Delonghi drip coffee machines: less known but competitive
Delonghi filter coffee machines are much less popular than their branded “sisters”, espresso machines. Not surprisingly, both Italy and the Delonghi brand itself are closely associated with the espresso world, rather than the filter coffee world.
Nevertheless, among the range of Delonghi drip coffee machines we find several interesting models, all of them in the medium-high range. Let’s get to know them better:
Delonghi filter coffee maker ICM 15210
This is a basic and classic model of lifetime drip coffee maker, with 1.25 litre capacity and 900 watts of power. It is only sold with a glass carafe and black plastic body.
- Capacity: 10 large or 15 small cups
- Non-drip device - jug can be removed at any time while coffee is brewing
- Manual controls
- Water level display and auto shut-off
- Uses paper filters
Delonghi ICM 14011
The small version of the previous model: a machine with the same performance but only 0.6 litres and 650w of power. Includes a button to select the aroma or intensity of the coffee.
- Aroma function - 2 different brewing speed regulations to set the brewing performances.
- Jug warmer base to keep your coffee hot for up to 40 minutes
- Anti drip system - no dripping when carafe is removed. "
- Glass carafe with 5 cup capacity, and keep warm plate
- Automatic switch off after two hours
Delonghi combi coffee machines: BCO range
Delonghi also has a successful line of combi coffee machines on the market: the Delonghi BCO. These coffee machines offer a combined espresso and filter (or drip) coffee service in one room.
The main models are the Delonghi BCO 420 (the latest and best model to date) and the Delonghi BCO 260, although there are some other intermediate models. Both have an espresso machine with 15 bars of pressure and a drip coffee maker to prepare about 10 cups at a time.
The BCO 420 incorporates many extra details, improves some of the features of the other BCO model, and also has an attractive exterior design with stainless steel finishes. There is a very similar version, but with a black plastic body, called Delonghi BCO 411.
In short, a good option for Delonghi to combine two types of coffee machine in a single appliance, with a compact and reduced design.
Delonghi Nespresso and Delonghi Dolce Gusto coffee machines
As you know, Delonghi is also a renowned manufacturer of both Nespresso and Dolce Gusto coffee machines. It does not market them under its own brand, but only as a manufacturer. However, many users are unaware of this fact and are confused when they speak of ‘the Dolce Gusto Delonghi coffee machine‘ or ‘Nespresso Delonghi‘, because that is what they see on the packaging, believing them to be a more advanced model.
To complicate matters further, several of these models are manufactured jointly with Krups.
Delonghi vs Krups coffee machines
In line with the previous question, the comparison of Delonghi vs Krups coffee machines is very common among inexperienced users, or those who are taking their first steps in research to decide on their purchase.
Both Krups and Delonghi share the manufacture of Nespresso and Dolce Gusto pod coffee machines, but there is no difference between them if we look at specific models. That is: you can look at the Inissia, for example, and although aesthetically the one manufactured by Krups and the one manufactured by Delonghi have some differences, in functional terms they are identical machines. No brand is better than another in this aspect.
On the other hand, the two manufacturers also share a fierce competition in the field of superautomatic coffee machines. Krups’ automatic machines are similar to Delonghi’s in the enormous variety of their offer in the mid-range. This means that in the range of approx. 300-500 pounds both brands have excellent options.
However, if we already go for the high range there Delonghi clearly takes the lead over Krups. So, as is often the case, the decision between Delonghi vs Krups depends largely on the type of machine we are looking for.
Delonghi coffee grinders
Delonghi grinders are the perfect complement to such an extensive range of espresso machines… that they naturally feed on ground coffee. The variety is also enormous, although the offer consists only of electric grinders.
The KG49 model is the most basic option.
The KG79, KG89 and KG210 models are mid-range grinders (milling machines).
The Dedica grinder (KG520 and KG521 versions) is the representative of the professional mills, only for the most demanding users.
Here you can find the review we have done of some of them:
- DELONGHI KG49
- DELONGHI KG89
- DELONGHI DEDICA KG.521
And finally we leave you with the direct links to buy Delonghi coffee grinders in case you dare to look at them on Amazon:
Spare parts for Delonghi coffee machines
When we go to look for spare parts for a Delonghi coffee machine, we will find a very wide variety depending on the type of machine we have at home.
Filters for Delonghi coffee machines
As this brand specialises in espresso machines, filter holders or loose filters are undoubtedly one of the most common Delonghi spare parts. In many cases they are available with the exact dimensions and diameters, so check well which model you have at home to choose the right replacement. At Amazon they all look the same, and sometimes the diameter is not completely specified.
Delonghi spare carafes
Carafes are not exclusive to drip coffee machines. In the case of Delonghi, the Alicia model also has a small transparent jug in the upper body, which may need to be replaced in the event of an accident or breakage.
Please note that the jug is different depending on which Delonghi Alicia model you have (the normal or the plus).
Water tanks for Delonghi coffee machines
Replacement water tanks at Delonghi are quite common, and not only because of the number of espresso machines in their catalogue, but also because of the Delonghi capsule coffee machines (the ones they make for both Nespresso and Dolce Gusto).
Practically all of them have their own Delonghi tank refill, as each machine model has a different tank shape and size. These you see here are just a small sample.
Other spare parts for your Delonghi coffee machine
Of course, depending on what type of Delonghi coffee machine you have at home, you can also get hold of brewing groups, flow meters, small cleaning accessories, and loose parts of all kinds. Here are just a few of the most common ones.
Which are the cheap Delonghi coffee machines?
Well, faced with such a wide range as that offered by this brand, the answer to this question must be carefully considered. Naturally, of all the machines we have presented on this page, the cheapest Delonghi coffee machine is the EC7 model. It is a hydro pressure coffee machine, and although it is top of the range in its segment, its price will always be lower than that of espressos or super-automatics.
In any case, we are going to review all the cheap Delonghi coffee machines according to their typology, so that you can have a reference:
- In the case of the Italian ones, the cheapest is the Delonghi Alicia… more than anything else because it is the only model that exists in the brand.
- In hydro-pressure coffee machines, the Delonghi EC7 is more or less at a slightly lower price than the previous one.
- If we go to the filter coffee machines, Delonghi’s most economical is the 1.25 litre ICM 15210. The most basic one.
- The field of manual espresso is where we find more to choose from. In this case there can be several with a similar price, but the most economical is always the EC-145 (or the updated version EC-146).
And if we go to the most exclusive, the cheapest automatic Delonghi coffee machine is the ECAM 22.110. Which is also one of the best-selling super automatic machines with the best quality-price ratio in the whole industry.