Capacity: 30 grams
Okay, okay, Peugeot is not just a car brand. Did you know that one of the best-selling and most prestigious grinders on the market bears the Peugeot signature? We are referring to the Peugeot Bresil, a manual grinder made of beech wood with a stainless steel finish and grinding wheels also made of steel.
Surprised? Well, don’t be so surprised because Peugeot has been making grinders, for both coffee and spices, since the mid-19th century. Such is the prestige and history of this firm that all its grinders (and the Peugeot Bresil is no exception) carry a lifetime guarantee for the grinding mechanism and another five-year guarantee for the external body of the piece.
The first thing that catches the eye of the Peugeot Bresil is its design, which is impeccable, robust, clean, but elegant at the same time. It is marketed in a dark wood colour that combines perfectly with the stainless steel (we personally like it better than the gold metallic finishes) of its finishes, both on the handle, the drawer handles and the central logo with the lion’s mark.
To operate this Peugeot Bresil, you know: pour the coffee beans (the amount varies according to the dose you want to grind) through the top of the grinder and start turning the handle. The maximum capacity of its top compartment is approximately 60 grams of coffee beans. As we grind, the ground coffee will fall into an internal compartment which you can access later by opening the drawer from the front of the piece, like any other manual coffee grinder.
And in the end, the results in the Peugeot Bresil do not disappoint: the beans are easily ground, and the grinding is totally uniform, without creating that annoying dust that later spoils or nuances to our regret the taste of the espresso (very typical of electric grinders).
Now you can say that you know the Peugeot Bresil. Now, after this first look, we’ll leave you with a list of its main characteristics and features:
Peugeot Bresil: main features
- Manually operated grinder with steel wheels.
- Made of dark beech wood (walnut colour) ,and stainless steel finish.
- The grinding mechanism is 100% stainless steel.
- Lifetime guarantee for the grinding mechanism.
- 5 year guarantee on the casing and outer body.
- Dimensions: 13 x 13 x 21 centimetres.
- Maximum capacity: 60 grams approximately.
Advantages of the Peugeot Bresil coffee grinder
- Its materials: the beech wood body and the stainless steel finishes speak volumes about the type of mill we are dealing with.
- The grinding mechanism has a lifetime guarantee! Yes, you read correctly: for life.
- If you are fond of colonial furniture and aesthetics, you will love this grinder even as a decorative object.
Disadvantages of the Peugeot Bresil coffee grinder
- You should appreciate what it means to have a manual grinder and grind your coffee with it. Otherwise, the value for money of this range of coffee grinders will be somewhat unbalanced.
- The mechanism for selecting the thickness of the grinder (a small steel tab that you have to place in the right place) is somewhat simple, and perhaps weak. It has a lifetime guarantee, but in a grinder of this quality we might have expected something else.
- We are missing some kind of anti-slip material on the base, or at least the typical rubber feet. In a manual grinder they are essential, to avoid having to hold the piece all the time with one manual while we turn the handle with the other.
Peugeot Bresil: videos
Here is an interesting video of the unpacking of a brand new Peugeot Bresil, in which you can see at close quarters what it looks like and how it is finished:
Why buy a Peugeot Bresil coffee grinder?
Grinders of this type, such as the Peugeot Bresil or the Zassenhaus Santiago, built with noble materials and with a colonial appearance, are aimed at a very specific type of consumer: those who like to grind their own coffee at home, control every last detail of the grinding process, and also enjoy the quality of the instruments they use for this purpose. For those who take coffee very seriously: Peugeot Bresil.