Capacity: 70 grams
When we talk about the Spanish brand Fagor, we usually think of a whole range of basic coffee machines. Less well known is the Fagor ML2006X grinder, or Fagor Master Chef, so today, we are going to dedicate the lines of this review to get to know it a little better.
Among the Spanish-made coffee grinders, the Fagor Master Chef ML2006X is one of the best-selling ones. There is no doubt that the good press of the Fagor company also helps to boost the popularity of this grinder among the public.
This Fagor ML2006X is a very simple electric coffee grinder designed to meet the aspirations of less demanding consumers. This is your grinder if you like to drink freshly ground coffee every morning, and you don’t want to invest a lot of time or money in trying it. Because it is clear that a manual grinder will always be cheaper; but it is not the most practical if you need to grind a quick coffee in the morning.
Fagor ML2006X: a cheap electric grinder
Like any electric coffee grinder, this Fagor ML2006X is very easy to operate. You pour the coffee beans into the hopper (its capacity is 70 grams) and press the button to start it up. This is a black switch located right on the front of the grinder, under the grinder’s logo. In the following photo you can see it more clearly.
The thickness and grinding time will depend on two simple configuration parameters, which you can also set from the same front panel of your Fagor Master Chef grinder. You will find a selection dial and three small buttons arranged for this purpose. Each of them corresponds to a grinding programme.
Fagor ML2006X: main features
- Electrically operated grinder, black in colour with stainless steel finish.
- Transparent hopper with capacity to store up to 70 grams of coffee.
- Allows you to choose the thickness of the grinder, according to three predefined levels.
- Possibility of choosing the amount of coffee to be ground.
- Safety lock to prevent accidents or unwanted opening.
- Plastic top cover to prevent the beans from jumping out during grinding.
- Compartment to collect excess cable and prevent it from bothering the kitchen.
- Dimensions: 20 x 11 x 11 cms.
- Weight: 1 kilogram.
Advantages of the Fagor Master Chef grinder
- The compartment for collecting excess cable. This is not usual for a windmill of this price.
- Good value for money. It is difficult to find electric coffee mills as cheap as this one.
Disadvantages of the Fagor Master Chef grinder
- Somewhat old-fashioned appearance. This coffee grinder is not exactly outstanding in terms of design.
- It only allows you to choose between 3 grinding thicknesses. It is a little short if you need a very fine grinding, for example, to make espressos.
- The storage capacity, maximum 70 grams of coffee, is somewhat tight. Although understandable, given the price of the appliance.
Fagor ML2006X: Videos
Would you like to see the Fagor Master Chef ML2006X grinder at work? Here you can do it:
Why buy a Fagor ML2006X grinder?
This Fagor coffee grinder is clearly aimed at users looking for an electric grinder that is also cheap. This has obvious competitive advantages, as it is a widely sold product that is capable of reaching a very wide audience.
But, on the other hand, its main disadvantages also stem from its economic nature. Above all, in terms of capacity and design. We cannot compare this Fagor Master Chef coffee grinder with other more expensive electric grinders, such as the Melitta Molino, the Severin 3873 or the Delonghi KG89, to name but a few.
The final decision depends fundamentally on you, and your budget.