Name: SteelMill 2000 Adjust
Capacity: 250 grams
Despite the fact that the three Cecotec coffee mills are similar -electrically operated- and are aimed at a similar public profile, the brand has managed to clearly differentiate this model by placing it without any consideration above the other two.
How above all by turning it into a grinder with a much larger capacity than its range brothers. To check it, let’s go to the figures:
Cecotec SteelMill 2000 Adjust is a grinder with 170 watts of power and 250 grams of storage capacity. In other words, its hopper is reasonably generous. It also has two functions that are especially geared towards consumers who really make frequent use of their grinder: a dosing device (we can set the amount of ground coffee from 2 to 12 cups) and a range of 17 grinding thicknesses to cover all classic coffee preparations.
Cecotec SteelMill 2000 Adjust: for the most demanding
Traditionally, all Cecotec products have a reputation – sometimes well earned – as generalists. That is to say, focused on a very wide and undemanding public. With this Cecotec SteelMill, the Spanish firm raises the bar a little.
When we talk about an electric grinder, we must always pay attention to its milling cutters (or grinding wheels), which in the end are the ones that are going to do the job. On this occasion, the Cecotec SteelMill mounts flat grinding wheels, not conical as is the case with many machines. They are made of hardened steel, and their diameter is something we have not yet been able to specify exactly.
When operating it, we can see that the arrangement of the grinding selection dial (with the 17 thicknesses we have already mentioned) is located on the side of the mill. On the front, the only thing we find apart from the Cecotec logo is the dispenser: the wheel that allows us to choose how much coffee to grind each time. The minimum is the equivalent of 2 cups of coffee, and the maximum is 12.
Cecotec SteelMill 2000 Adjust: features
- Electrically operated coffee grinder.
- Design in stainless steel and blue plastics.
- The grinding wheels are flat and made of steel.
- It has 17 different grinding thicknesses, so you can choose the grinding you need in each moment.
- You can dose automatically the ground coffee you want to obtain: from 2 to 12 cups.
- The coffee bean container has a capacity of 250 grams.
- It includes an airtight lid to preserve the aroma and freshness of the beans.
- It also includes a ground coffee container.
- As a gift accessory, this model includes a practical cleaning brush.
- All plastic parts and compartments are dishwasher safe.
- Maximum power: 150 watts.
- It has rubber feet or temples that absorb part of the vibrations and prevent the grinder from slipping when it is put into operation.
Advantages of the Cecotec SteelMill
- The width and flexibility of the grinding ranges: up to 17 degrees to choose from the finest to the thickest.
- The capacity of 250 grams of coffee beans already makes it a medium-high size grinder, very practical for users who grind a lot of coffee at home.
- The included cleaning brush and the possibility to remove almost all the pieces to put them in the dishwasher.
- The price-quality ratio of this model is highly competitive.
- The grinding dispenser, ideal for not wasting a single gram.
Disadvantages of the Cecotec SteelMill
- The main body is lined with stainless steel, but then there are a lot of parts that are still “normal” plastic.
- It is a big appliance, if you place it permanently in your kitchen at the end it is the same as if you put two coffee pots next to each other.
How the Cecotec SteelMill works
If you do not know how to use the Cecotec SteelMill, watch the following video to get an idea. In any case, we advance you that its handling does not differ much from any other conventional electric mill.
If you are already familiar with these devices, everything will go smoothly.
Why buy this Cecotec SteelMill 2000?
This Steel Mill is one step above the Cecotec Titanmill 200 and 300, so if we are looking for the best Cecotec mill, then this is definitely our choice. It is a model that, apart from having better performance in general than the other two, retains the values and identity of the other products of the brand, for better and for worse.
On the one hand, it is clear that its quality-price ratio is enormously attractive in our market. Few electric mills you will find at this price and with this power.
On the other hand, it is clear that the quality of some materials, especially the plastic of some containers, seems not very solid to the touch. In this sense, it is somewhat below the higher range options -also more expensive- such as the Melitta Molino or the famous Graef CM70. But to give it a medium-demanding use, it is more than an interesting economic option.